Server Maintenance

JasonMG

That is incorrect. The speed of light is over 200,000,000 meters/s there is no way that equates to 180,000 miles. Don't need a calculator to do that.

We are of course assuming in Space (In Vacuum).

the speed of light = 299,792,458 m/s

=186,282 miles per second.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. So tired of people saying.. 'give it time, after all it took Blizz x number of years to incorporate this or that'.

A new game should equal or exceed previous games abilities as with any product.

Having said that, I feel no anger over today's problem since BW is certainly more upset over it than any of us.

Thats just silly, a new game does not mean that they will surpass their competition after all they have to learn the same things that companies like Blizzard have already learned. Just chill already

Multiple Choice test

So what is the lesson that Bioware should learn ...

1 Dont do updates on Friday the 13th.

2 Continue to limit who tests the new patch on the test server

3 Fix what is broken before adding more new stuff thats broken

I'll just give you a minute to let the irony of raging on the forums sink in while sporting your particular signature...

It's actually closer to 300,000,000 meters per sec, which does convert to around 186,000 miles per second.

1 meter = 0.000621371192 miles

300,000,000 * 0.000621371192 = 186,411

So yeah, you do need a calculator to figure that out after all :)

My arrogance bred my destruction. Yea.. I was apparently thinking that Meters are similar to miles as opposed to Km being close to miles. My failure.

That is incorrect. The speed of light is over 200,000,000 meters/s there is no way that equates to 180,000 miles. Don't need a calculator to do that.

We are of course assuming in Space (In Vacuum).

The speed of light in a vacuum is 186,000 miles per second

i'm old.. i admit it.. that said i remember when UO first came out and people were getting killed by rabbits...

hmmm....original EQ bunny rabbit killed my character even though my husband warned me about it..lol

So yea. Servers are up. If you're on EST It's 4:06, that means if you stop playing at 9:00 you still get almost 5 hours of gameplay. Plus everyone is being compensated with a day of game time. Sounds like a win-win to me.

I have toons on 3 different servers

Mind Trick : Sentinel, Smuggler, Trooper, BH - seems to be pretty Rep populated...made the BH for sister guild (all the same players on Rep side)

Keller's Void : Juggernaught, Marauder, BH - seems pretty good (was my first server one of my friends told me to join) - don't really play on this server too much (except to hide from Rep friends that are p*ssing me off)

Zaalbar : Guardian, Trooper, Smuggler, Marauder, BH - way too Imp heavy, most of my guild switched to Mind Trick server (unfortunetly, this is where my 50 Guardian is..so it kinda sucks until they get server transfers up and running)

Multiple Choice test

So what is the lesson that Bioware should learn ...

1 Dont do updates on Friday the 13th.

2 Continue to limit who tests the new patch on the test server

3 Fix what is broken before adding more new stuff thats broken

You forgot #4: 1 and 3

are the servers really up or is my pc just throwing a fit? I can launch the s/w, login, and already dl'd the patch. It just comes up and says I can't connect to a server (Keller's Void) and doesn't do anything after. If I try to manually connect to Keller's Void it just sits there and does nothing.