TFB Secret Zone

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a stupid question. But did you try looking for a 'false wall' something like a hologram you can run through to go in deeper and the cave or click everything to see if there's a hidden button anywhere around?

I tried smacking myself all over the cave. Didn't see anything.

I have a feeling part of this puzzle has to do with your Aliment. In the star-wars 2 Luke walks by a cave and says he feels cold and yoda tells him the darkside is strong with that area (has a cave). Luke ask "whats in their?" and yoda says "only what you take with you". Luke enters the cave and fights a illusion of vader. (Read below)

When Luke Skywalker traveled to Dagobah to train with Yoda in 3 ABY, the elder Master tasked him to enter the cave. Luke confronted an illusion of Darth Vader within and defeated it in a lightsaber duel, dipping into the passion of the dark side in the process.

I think you may need a neutral alignment and then maybe you are given a situation in the cave where you have to make a decision about dipping into your Darkside or Not. (KINDA THINKING OUT-LOUD HERE)

StarKiller has also visited the cave.

During the birth of the Rebellion the clone of Starkiller spoke with Yoda briefly before entering the cave to look for the answers he sought. Inside he was unable to use his Force powers, except for the Jedi mind trick, which he utilized several times. He faced down other clones of Starkiller and had to carefully traverse some deep pits. He made it deep into the caves, and received a vision of the assault on the Salvation. Starkiller exited the cave, and left Yoda still sitting there and watching.

I think you may need a neutral alignment and then maybe you are given a situation in the cave where you have to make a decision about dipping into your Darkside or Not. (KINDA THINKING OUT-LOUD HERE)[/color]

Pretty sure Bioware aren't going to make you "need" a Neutral Alignment... especially since being Neutral atm has no benefits.

Wow, you really look into every corner of the map. :)

I would not set my expectations too high as it could just be an easter egg, a small nod to Episode V, and not actually contain something in the way of a reward.

However, I did notice that there is a burning oil pool near the beginning of the operation, before the first boss in the outdoor area with the larvae.

I managed to stay in the flames with the debuff stacking up to x10 with a moderate amount of healing, but nothing happened. In hard mode, maybe you will get a debuff there when you stay in the flames for some time.

Anyway, it's great to see players trying to figure out the riddle, and I am looking forward to when the solution is found!

Wow, you really look into every corner of the map. :)

I would not set my expectations too high as it could just be an easter egg, a small nod to Episode V, and not actually contain something in the way of a reward.

I'd consider that more likely if it wasn't for the fact that it only appears on 16-man HM and no other.

And maybe it was supposed to be part of the HK droid release like go in the cave and pick up something.

I hope not, needing to be in a top teir end game progression raiding guild to get a single player companion? That would be stupid and probably piss almost everyone off.

This is driving me crazy; there has to be some kind of...thing in there. A weird music track plays... Wait... I have a theory.

Maybe it has something to do with the event? If you remember, at the end of the event, you will get mail about the chevins were giving items to the gree. Why the heck would the gree want colicoid eggs, rakata silverware, and krayt dragon pearls, etc. maybe as an offering?

Does anyone have a level 50 who has not finished the event, so they still have some chevin junk in their inventory? If so, try to go in. Maybe something different happens.

It's worth a try.

Seems too niche, but a good theory.

On page two of this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5218585 check out post #15. Jazra seems to indicate he has figured it out? Anyone on POT5 seen Cali Killed Nox members with anything special like a new pet or cyan/black crystal?

Summary of hints: http://swtor.crystal-dreams.us/?p=1639

I think we're overthinking things. Has to be something about the words strange, chilling, presence. How to you deal with those or get the presence to reveal?

This is driving me crazy; there has to be some kind of...thing in there. A weird music track plays... Wait... I have a theory.

Maybe it has something to do with the event? If you remember, at the end of the event, you will get mail about the chevins were giving items to the gree. Why the heck would the gree want colicoid eggs, rakata silverware, and krayt dragon pearls, etc. maybe as an offering?

Does anyone have a level 50 who has not finished the event, so they still have some chevin junk in their inventory? If so, try to go in. Maybe something different happens.

It's worth a try.

Perhaps it is related to the chevins and the "dagoba cave" together like this:

1. you need to enter with a weapon to the cave + you need to have something of the chevins.

2. why not try the chevins weapon that were for sale during that time:

Light Bowcaster

Automatic Bowcaster

Precision Bowcaster

Kashyyk's Legacy

Hypersonic Shredder

Assassin's Touch

(the 3 yellow ones are the lvl 50 items)

and the fact that its only on 16man doesn't matter, you can do 8 man, and after the first boss change into 16man, clear the trash and enter the cave.

i would love if someone with one of these weapons can test stuff in there :)

maybe even enter with the broken speeder from the event and it will fix it!

Reminds me of trying to figure out how to get the Magenta Crystal, can't wati until this gets figured out, really intriguing!

My thoughts: It probably will NOT be some random emote, i'm thinking a specific item, hence the 'only what you take with you', and the item will probably be something that is just staring us in the face right now. The oldschool remark makes me think this is an homage to a similar scenario in another game, so anyone remember another MMO/game that has a similar secret/easter egg?