Hard Mode Revan

is this channeled? or cast time.. maybe its something that HAS to be interrupted.. I haven't gotten there yet but when I do I'll make sure to watch out for this.

It can't be avoided. It is channeled but the first tick does 70k damage, tank gets one shot then he one shots everyone else. The first tick is INSTANT there is no time at all to interrupt, even if you had the fastest reaction time any human has ever had in history you could not interrupt it in time.

It can't be avoided. It is channeled but the first tick does 70k damage, tank gets one shot then he one shots everyone else. The first tick is INSTANT there is no time at all to interrupt, even if you had the fastest reaction time any human has ever had in history you could not interrupt it in time.

I think he's just pissed that they nerfed slicing.. see revan isn't allowed to leave the foundry to manually collect slicing nodes.. and it costs too much to send hk-47 so he can't make a profit.

I think he's just pissed that they nerfed slicing.. see revan isn't allowed to leave the foundry to manually collect slicing nodes.. and it costs too much to send hk-47 so he can't make a profit.

This made me laugh... because its true, HK-47 had a 50+ profficiency to Slicing. >.> (its true don't try to Google it)

@OP

That sounds incredible overpowered, if he one shots people there is no way, I can see doing maybe 10k dmg, but even then, sounds bugged.

Tried this tonight - This is not hard mode, it is extremely hard mode.

For those people who are looking to gear up for ops, tionese (aka tier 1 raid gear), as I understand it, this fight is near on impossible when he brings the force lightning.

Are we missing some sort of mechanic for the fight? Yes, I can see the force lightning being cast for the split second that I'm alive, then he proceeds to down the rest of the group with 20k ticks!?

As a tank just turned 50, with some champion gear already and 50 mods kit - immortal spec I have 16.5k health. Its not alot, however, it should be enough to tank the fp, which it is, and deal with revan, which it is, untill the exact same thing op posted happens and group gets owned by one shot.

5k ticks would be sufficiently hard and enough time to interrupt, but, 20k even 35 and 60k I heard some of the peeps in my group say they got hit with (BH, heavy armour, same level of kit)

This defo needs either fixing or nerfing. Proper impossible mission!

Edited by Quelidge

My HM group has downed it twice now, but we have an assassin tank who can use force shroud to survive the first tick of damage (it just has to be timed really well -- definitely some luck involved).

Save all your cooldowns until he gains the Power of the Darkside buff, then try to burn him down as fast as possible, so that you only get one force lightning cast. We stand in for force storm in order to get more DPS time on him. If you get a second force lightning cast, you have to battle rez your tank immediately. But yeah, basically you get him to 20% and then he starts dropping the meteors. He doesn't cast force lightning while he's dropping meteors so you want to finish him off before those stop falling.

But yeah, if you don't have an assassin tank you are going to have trouble... it definitely seems unintended that the first tick would hit that hard.

Edited by hace

My group killed it yesterday aswell. I was totally convinced after first wipe that it is NOT doable due to the "bug" but others insisted on trying some of the strategies and tactics found on these sites. So we did and it died on like a 4th try or something.

My tank gear was mediocore at best (juggernaut) and had like 17,2k ish hp with BH buff.

He does Force Storm (or something like that) at 44-45% ish, which you just need to run away from, then at 33-35% ish he does the uber Force Lightning channel that "one-shots" you, unless you pop every defensive cooldown you have. Endure Pain, Invincible, Trinket etc and for me it was easily survivable IF the channel was interrupted before it ticks for the 2nd time, which is easily achieved.

After that its just a dps burn avoiding the rock boulders crashing down on you. At low health he goes in the immunity bubble in which he is supose to die but we had this bug once too and he stayed in combat and stompped our group while we could do nothing to him since he was immune to everything.

But all in all very doable boss once you get down the moment where you need to use all cd's and be quick on the interrupt.

I may just have to give this a go, i have 17.7K hp on my tank, i'd avoided doing this because alot of people i know who tried it turned round and said it was impossible. I figured i'd keep gearing up then go for it, but this shouldnt be too bad. It does seem excessive that he would hit so hard, but if its interuptable, it just means one of your fingers lives on a hotkey to interrupt him immediately.

I'm just curious are BW doing anything to fix these retarded bugs? Are we paying from beta or what the f....?

We managed to get him down to 5% three times, then EVERY SINGLE TIME it bugged with the shield and just smacked us down.

I'm just waiting that we get him killed, then the chest bugs (also known bug I assume)...

As I said: still playing beta!

we finally got our loot off of him. we got him into the 4% bubble phase countless times and every time he just kept killing us.
. it was ment to be a how it bugs out for us at 4%, thats why the elation at the end, bit of nsfw language as well cos of loot.

That only happened to us when he either enraged or we ****ed up a interrupt/stack. I'll get a vid up later.

Guess the bug is RNG too. We had good enough dps that not once did we see enrage, every single chain lightning got interrupted inside 0.5sec (rough estimate).

We did try stacking tactic only once, but only cause it had no different outcome.

No matter what "cheap" tricks anyone tries, it still is bugged (or just retarded hardmode). I'm happy that atleast someone has got him down properly, it means there's a chance if you just kill him enough times....

Guess the bug is RNG too. We had good enough dps that not once it means there's a chance if you just kill him enough times....

we have 10hrs + attempts on him, seems like everyone his having trouble with the force lightning. has anyone else experienced where he bubbles himself and keeps killing the group?

we have 10hrs + attempts on him, seems like everyone his having trouble with the force lightning. has anyone else experienced where he bubbles himself and keeps killing the group?

That will happen if you transition him sub 5% while he's channeling.