30-54 bracket

DaedalusV

People were complaining about being in recruit VS WH opponents so BW did the only thing they could do, increased the level span so that you now get to face them while being bolstered to recruit, which knowing BW will be completely broken, AND with less abilties (bonus). Did I mention that the majority of lvl 30'es probably don't give a rat's *** about how they're geared so some will enter with a few empty slots. The premades have been lobbying hard for this change so show some gratitude, people. Edited by MidichIorian

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They take away all gear from the equation and minimize the skill gap as best as they can.

I guess I'm in the minority here of ppl who actually play the entire game, cuz now I see absolutely no value or reward for all those crafting skills I maxed out.

I guess I'm in the minority here of ppl who actually play the entire game, cuz now I see absolutely no value or reward for all those crafting skills I maxed out.

You used to? I've never wasted energy on crafting while leveling in swtor because you level so fast that by the time you have the mats for the crafting level you're currently on you've already outleveled the product. You basically have to stand around in the fleet for a day and give your companions a head start on the mats missions to be able to be somewhat in sync.

Hey gang, let me see if I can bring some clarity to the situation. We do indeed have a new level of "Recruit" that we are bolstering towards, that is based on the new 55 gear. We believe that this bolster level will allow players to complete with any possible gear combination in the 30 - 54 bracket. Obviously we've had a few bumps in the road on PTS regarding current bolster, but we should be getting that fixed up soon , and everyone can get back to the business of PvP.

Thanks for everyone's feedback, not just on this but on everything, it is really helping us make a better game.

I am not sold on the 10$ expansion, in fact I think i may avoid buying it and just stick to the 35-54 bracket. My healer will be OP and I can avoid what will be the dead 55 matches. It will become a hardore only que with 30 min que times and premades only. Regardless I'll wait and see what the verdict is on 55 before I agree to pay the extortion money for the privelage of being stomped by fully geared 55's. It may be easier to just exit the game and come back here and there for some noobie pvp. I don't see this 55 thing doing well. The more they add the worse it gets. They should have rebalanced the classes and done matchmaking before raising the cap level.

I don't see an issue guys. They are getting rid of war hero and elite war hero so ou won't have any epic gear at level 50 to melt lvl 30s with.

Uhh, they're getting rid of the ability to buy them from vendors, but people who still have their WH/EWH sets will be able to keep theirs. The new sets are specifically for level 55. The old sets won't be buyable anymore, but they're not being deleted from the game.

I wonder how many just won't buy the expansion to remain a level 50 twink forever?

Edited by RougeBeaver

I am not sold on the 10$ expansion, in fact I think i may avoid buying it and just stick to the 35-54 bracket. My healer will be OP and I can avoid what will be the dead 55 matches. It will become a hardore only que with 30 min que times and premades only. Regardless I'll wait and see what the verdict is on 55 before I agree to pay the extortion money for the privelage of being stomped by fully geared 55's. It may be easier to just exit the game and come back here and there for some noobie pvp. I don't see this 55 thing doing well. The more they add the worse it gets. They should have rebalanced the classes and done matchmaking before raising the cap level.

$10 is extortion? Lol ok.

Raising the level cap is par for the course in MMOs. It's an easy way to introduce new abilities and class balance. Saying that the whole 55 thing won't do well is just dumb. People will get to 55 and enjoy the game further because you get new abilities.

Sounds like you should quit though.

Edited by Smashbrother

Uhh, they're getting rid of the ability to buy them from vendors, but people who still have their WH/EWH sets will be able to keep theirs. The new sets are specifically for level 55. The old sets won't be buyable anymore, but they're not being deleted from the game.

I wonder how many just won't buy the expansion to remain a level 50 twink forever?

that twink is gimped, because they nerfed all the stats for level 50 even with bolstering the stats are much worse then now on live. You will be slaughtered most likely from people with greens/blues from makeb.

that twink is gimped, because they nerfed all the stats for level 50 even with bolstering the stats are much worse then now on live. You will be slaughtered most likely from people with greens/blues from makeb.

You're saying a lvl 50 with min/maxed purples that are level appropriate and have the same ratings (afaik) as the level 55 PvP stuff will get slaughtered by the lvl 51-54 people in the warzones...

What chance does a level 30 guy have against those people then?

How fun is it for the people trying to level through PvP or just play a few games a day while leveling?

Maybe hardcore people get to the lvl 55 bracket in a couple of days... Well. That hardcore player still needs his other 4-7 alts to ding 55, it will be weeks before the present lvl 50 toons get out of the 30-54 bracket, even if alot of those toons belong to hardcore players. It's quite impossible to play 2 toons at the same time.

IF the new bolster system takes gear quality and level disparity into account (like it does now) Then I predict those level 50 twinks won't be gimped at all from gear.

Well, as a min/max EWH pvp'r, I have no plans to do much PvP after 2.0 hits until i hit level 55. I am sure there are quite a few others who are in the same boat. Now, once the majority of those players level to 55, the bracket will be a little bit better, but if course will still have the EWH players who are F2P, or haven't bought the xpac, so they stay in that bracket and keep owning people, but I don't think it will be as bad as some people are making it out to be.

Hey gang, let me see if I can bring some clarity to the situation. We do indeed have a new level of "Recruit" that we are bolstering towards, that is based on the new 55 gear. We believe that this bolster level will allow players to complete with any possible gear combination in the 30 - 54 bracket. Obviously we've had a few bumps in the road on PTS regarding current bolster, but we should be getting that fixed up soon , and everyone can get back to the business of PvP.

Thanks for everyone's feedback, not just on this but on everything, it is really helping us make a better game.

Thanks for the reply. This new bolster system... It would be nice for us to know a few details about it, so if you or someone else in the know would clarify further on the following points, I would be much obliged.

1) Does the new bolster system take into account level disparity between character level and gear level

2) Does the new bolster system take into account the quality of the gear you wear (will purples be better than greens?)

I see no harm in revealing those things to us now instead of when 2.0 hits live.

----edit----

Found your reply in another thread;

The bigger change is in how we bolster and add stats to players to even out the playing field. Instead of focusing on player level, now the bolster system will take a look at each individual item on your character and use that as the baseline assumption of power for that item slot. We then bolster each slot up to what we feel is the "entry level" of PvP power, at which we think everyone can be happy playing without getting simply out geared to death. Effectively, we bolster players to something like what our recruit gear set tries to do now in 1.7, but with much better accuracy and effect. Additionally, the bolster system will now grant players expertise when it feels it is necessary, bringing our entry-level power gap even closer to the end-game PvP power.

Thanks for listening!

I'm afraid that your bolster system will fail at doing it's job due to the disparity presently seen in what people can wear in the 30-54 bracket.

pre- 50, people are limited to PvE gear that closely follows levels, but any and all people who presently sit at max level have a plethora of options...

1) People have present end-game PvE gear min-maxed (will the bolster system handle them by decreasing main stat and endurance and increase expertise?? What about armour ratings?)

2) Present end-game PvP gear, how will the bolster system work there? What about the min-maxed people who haven't bought the expansion?

I'm very confused as to why exactly you're doing a 30-54 bracket instead of keeping the old 10-49 one and create a 50-54 one and a 55 one. You see the need for 3 brackets, why make the balancing act so difficult for yourselves by doing the very arbitrary split of 10-29/30-54/55??

A main reason the current lowbie bracket works is the fact alot of the advanced classes have a VERY useful capstone ability (e.g. guardian leap/intercede) Putting level 30-49 people up against 50+ people is inherently flawed due to how useful a 50+ char is compared to a guy under level 50.

Edited by DaedalusV

its only going to last for a couple of weeks, cause all the hardcore, premades will be hitting 55, and since they;ve removed 50 pvp gear now all future 50s wont have *** gear anymore, so fret not, just dont play lowbies for a few days!

Well, there may always be someone around who aquires the full WH/EWH set now, but DOESN'T buy the expansion.

That player can basically sit at lvl 50 forever, and be god-of-warzones.

Turning the 50 bracket into 50-54, turning EWH or at least WH into a new lvl 50 recruit set and then adding a new 55 bracket would've made more sense.

THe lack of skills cant be matched by any bolster. Pvp will die.

Does mean tommrrow? lol. that would be nice

devils' advocate...

what if they screw things up so bad that a purpled out level 30 is potentially more "powerful" than a level 54?

my level 10 sniper doesnt need a ton of skills when i have cover snipe and ambush available

just sayin'

Wow. You really told them....:rolleyes:

Anyway...PvP happens at 55 the way it intended to be. Anything under that isn't meant to be balanced.

Thanks for the reply. This new bolster system... It would be nice for us to know a few details about it, so if you or someone else in the know would clarify further on the following points, I would be much obliged.

1) Does the new bolster system take into account level disparity between character level and gear level

2) Does the new bolster system take into account the quality of the gear you wear (will purples be better than greens?)

I see no harm in revealing those things to us now instead of when 2.0 hits live.

----edit----

Found your reply in another thread;

I'm afraid that your bolster system will fail at doing it's job due to the disparity presently seen in what people can wear in the 30-54 bracket.

pre- 50, people are limited to PvE gear that closely follows levels, but any and all people who presently sit at max level have a plethora of options...

1) People have present end-game PvE gear min-maxed (will the bolster system handle them by decreasing main stat and endurance and increase expertise?? What about armour ratings?)

2) Present end-game PvP gear, how will the bolster system work there? What about the min-maxed people who haven't bought the expansion?

I'm very confused as to why exactly you're doing a 30-54 bracket instead of keeping the old 10-49 one and create a 50-54 one and a 55 one. You see the need for 3 brackets, why make the balancing act so difficult for yourselves by doing the very arbitrary split of 10-29/30-54/55??

A main reason the current lowbie bracket works is the fact alot of the advanced classes have a VERY useful capstone ability (e.g. guardian leap/intercede) Putting level 30-49 people up against 50+ people is inherently flawed due to how useful a 50+ char is compared to a guy under level 50.

i would guess that the reason for splitting 10-29/30-54/55 is that it is about lvl 30 that you have gotten most of your abilities.

you have a point there with the lvl "50 ability". but taking into account that a lvl 10 has like 2 or 3 abilities? a lvl 10 is as usefull compared to a lvl 49 as a lvl 30 is to someone 50 to 54 probably.

i would also guess that 50-54 wont be that crowded once most hit 55. to be honest , for me it makes sense to go 10-29/30-54.

Might wanna take a look at the new enhancement on pvp gear and compare them with the war hero and elite one, especially on DPS gear. Using "old" enhancement would provide slightly less exp rating but would gain much more power.

As for ... well... i dont think i need to clarify more :p

i would guess that the reason for splitting 10-29/30-54/55 is that it is about lvl 30 that you have gotten most of your abilities.

you have a point there with the lvl "50 ability". but taking into account that a lvl 10 has like 2 or 3 abilities? a lvl 10 is as usefull compared to a lvl 49 as a lvl 30 is to someone 50 to 54 probably.

i would also guess that 50-54 wont be that crowded once most hit 55. to be honest , for me it makes sense to go 10-29/30-54.

Well my point is that I see no logic at all in the 30-54 bracket choice. 40-54 maybe... 42 or 45-54 maybe... but 30?? It's such a strange choice..

the 10-29 bracket will be starved (you level alot faster in those levels compared to later ones)

the 10-29 bracket will be ill-suited to prepare you for the 30-54 bracket (kiddie pool is very shallow, grown up one is too deep.)