Since we're getting HK-55...

TyrFoge

A Shroud of Memory Access Authorization was on the pts.

That's the chapter where you play as HK 55 and get ZOOM (had to be subbed continuosuly from Jan 11 to Aug 1 2016). If you don't care about the companion or the janitor decoration, you can just as well watch it on youtube.

The quest to get HK 55 rebuilt is Arma Rasa (had to be a sub on Jan 11 2016)

(Of course the former wouldn't make much sense without including this one).

Edited by Mubrak

A Shroud of Memory Access Authorization was on the pts.

ok, so you no longer have to be a sub when promotion are out, you can whine and piss about it later, then just buy it off the gtn/cartel market........So when will the founder title be available, or the special deco subs got for the 5 year anniversary, etc, etc, etc...:/

ok, so you no longer have to be a sub when promotion are out, you can whine and piss about it later, then just buy it off the gtn/cartel market........So when will the founder title be available, or the special deco subs got for the 5 year anniversary, etc, etc, etc...:/

Don't forget wait 3 years. And we're not talking about a title that makes no sense to have unless you are actually a Founder nor a deco that no one sees beacause no one visits SHs anymore. We're not even talking about the special HK weapons, helmet, or mount that we got. We're talking about a story chapter in the game and access to a companion that would otherwise be free at the Odessen terminal like all the rest. But you know what? I like many others are happy for new(er) players having access to it. They're going to have to pay for it and its moot to complain. It certainly doesn't take away from MY gaming experience to have others be able to enjoy theirs.

This dude just wanted an HK-47 skin for his HK unit. :D

That's the chapter where you play as HK 55 and get ZOOM (had to be subbed continuosuly from Jan 11 to Aug 1 2016). If you don't care about the companion or the janitor decoration, you can just as well watch it on youtube..

Thank you.

I'm not annoyed by a lot, but I do get a little annoyed with how many players think Arma Rasa and Shroud of Memory are the same thing.

I don't mind asking for subscriber rewards, but just make sure you're asking for the correct thing when citing stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Excuse I am new and must have missed it. Can we get hk55 back as companion or not? I am current sub.

HK-55 was subscriber reward. You needed to be a subscriber by January 11th, 2016, to receive the HK-55 Alliance Alert Arma Rasa, an alliance alert to recruit HK-55 into your companions.

I'm only posting this since there does seem to be confusion as to the two rewards, but this reward is also completely different from the HK-55 Bonus Chapter Shroud of Memory, where HK-55 is playable, which was a subscriber with the condition being... I believe, being a subscriber from January to August 2016. Don't have the specific dates.

Unless you were a subscriber back in January 2016, which means you'll get an in-game mail to your characters informing you you have the HK-55 Reward, you don't got it.

Edited by absolutetristan

Locking companions and content behind a exclusive reward is awful practice period.

The only exclusives that should stay exclusive is titles, cosmetics, mounts, event rewards, toys, crystals and decos. Since these items are not entirely important as such.

If they choose to make a subscriber reward in the realms of companions, content or species they should place these items for purchase, I didn't use the term exclusive as these rewards shouldn't be, similar to the Nautolan you get it as bonus on top of your monthly coins but people can purchase it.

In the case of HK he is apart of the story leading up to his ending which in my opinion destroyed the possibilities for his arc out of their own greed, for me I would have proposed the companion and content to be free for any subscriber but the exclusive items we received over the time period.

Anyone who subscribes has spent money on the game and is in fact entitled to have all the content and yes companions fall into that category since they have story arcs.

Edited by DarthSealth

• 2 weeks later...
The only exclusives that should stay exclusive is titles, cosmetics, mounts, event rewards, toys, crystals and decos. Since these items are not entirely important as such.

I disagree about one of those item categories: decorations. Decorating is a whole type of gameplay in itself. To those for whom it's the most interesting part of the game, saying decorations aren't "important as such" wouldn't be accurate. :)

I disagree about one of those item categories: decorations. Decorating is a whole type of gameplay in itself. To those for whom it's the most interesting part of the game, saying decorations aren't "important as such" wouldn't be accurate. :)

LOL it's too time consuming, heck I'd rather be killing Jedi's.... I mean it isn't game breaking if a particular deco is locked behind exclusivity unlike companions or story.

I don't mind decorating my characters but the problem is I end up spending £30 like yesterday I said to myself my limit is £10 but ya know, normally I just pay others credits to decorate for me it reminds me of real life in some way xD

LOL it's too time consuming, heck I'd rather be killing Jedi's.... I mean it isn't game breaking if a particular deco is locked behind exclusivity unlike companions or story.

It isn't *game-breaking* if a single tragicomic(1) mission and two companions are locked away like that. There are achievements tied to Arma Rasa, but in one of them, your friend has to let you accompany him as he does the mission, and that allows *you* to get the cheevo.

In this sort of context, "game-breaking" would be a piece of main-line story content that depended on the locked-away story. (Er, not "made a sideways reference to", but actually required you to have done it. No game company would do that.)

(1) There's one moment in particular which is simultaneously soul-crushingly tragic and hysterically funny.

It isn't *game-breaking* if a single tragicomic(1) mission and two companions are locked away like that. There are achievements tied to Arma Rasa, but in one of them, your friend has to let you accompany him as he does the mission, and that allows *you* to get the cheevo.

In this sort of context, "game-breaking" would be a piece of main-line story content that depended on the locked-away story. (Er, not "made a sideways reference to", but actually required you to have done it. No game company would do that.)

(1) There's one moment in particular which is simultaneously soul-crushingly tragic and hysterically funny.

Sorry but it's game breaking in the stand point that you can't overlook the fact that it is one of the chapters that is tied to the overall expansion/story which involves ties to a NPC that was previously available to everyone without exclusivity that is the term of filthy dev practices that shouldn't be allowed.

As stated, when you buy/pay for a game or dlc you're suppose to get all the content that you paid for not part of it.

When I buy a cake from the shop, I get the full cake not a slice missing because I was "a day late".

Shines are not and I repeat game breaking or immersion breaking.

Sorry but it's game breaking in the stand point that you can't overlook the fact that it is one of the chapters that is tied to the overall expansion/story which involves ties to a NPC that was previously available to everyone without exclusivity that is the term of filthy dev practices that shouldn't be allowed.

As stated, when you buy/pay for a game or dlc you're suppose to get all the content that you paid for not part of it.

When I buy a cake from the shop, I get the full cake not a slice missing because I was "a day late".

Shines are not and I repeat game breaking or immersion breaking.

To you it is not game breaking, to others it is. Let's put in the right context shall we. I have HK and the chapter, and have done the story once. Nothing important there for me and therefore it wouldn't be game breaking if I didn't have it. So you see it depends on the person whether they think it is game breaking. Decos could be game breaking and immersion breaking to someone else. I have learned never to say it is not game breaking or immersion breaking without saying to me as each person is different.

Shines are not and I repeat game breaking or immersion breaking.[/

1. This isn't a cake, if it was, you'd be buying it a piece at a time, so yes, if you were late, you'd miss a piece. The game and it's DLC are sold at different times, that's just the way it is.

2. It's not tied to ANY expansion, doesn't forward any 'Knights' story. Has no relevance on anything that happens later in the game. It's a fun little teaser, no more, no less.

3. Although you find decorating boring and time comsumning, others don't. The fact you over spend on getting decorations is your problem, not others, so why should something they want be locked away, but not something you want.

4 And one of the most important points. These itmes were released at a time when people abandoned the game, leaving snotty 'goodbye' posts, and wishing doom on swtor and all the players left. These players who stayed, kept the game going through these times, and the reward was a big bonus to them for their loyalty. To release is a big kick in the face for the people who stayed.

There are other reason it should never be released, on many posts like this, so if you want more, go and look.

Also these rewards stated that you had to be a sub on a particular day, or on a particular timeline from a to b. That time is gone, wether you were here, and ran like a rat from a sinking ship, or never joined is irrelavant. You can't walk in to a cake shop and demand that the cake that as there last month be sold to you as you missed it.

On topic- great idea, a HK-47 customization would be nice.

Another great idea would be to let all HK customizations work for both HKs.

And thank you for actually STAYING on topic. I don't know why for years people feel the need to derail HK threads with their opinion on whether or not he should be re-released or not. It's almost as if they are incapable of staying on topic. In this particular case it's a pointless argument. It is so that's really all there is to say about it. Now back to your question and topic at hand. HK customizations just like the Dashade ones do work that way. Except I'm not entirely sure if you can put the new HK-55 skin we were given (and in the nearish future purchase) on HK-51 I'd have to go check. So yes if we got a skin of 47 (like I was asking for) it would be universal.

And thank you for actually STAYING on topic. I don't know why for years people feel the need to derail HK threads with their opinion on whether or not he should be re-released or not. It's almost as if they are incapable of staying on topic. In this particular case it's a pointless argument. It is so that's really all there is to say about it. Now back to your question and topic at hand. HK customizations just like the Dashade ones do work that way. Except I'm not entirely sure if you can put the new HK-55 skin we were given (and in the nearish future purchase) on HK-51 I'd have to go check. So yes if we got a skin of 47 (like I was asking for) it would be universal.

*blush* sorry about that, will stay on topic from now on :) Yes, I think you can use both of them, on hk-51. And if they do a 47, it shouod work for both too. It would also be great to have other options too, although not sure what's left that hasn't already been used or turned in to a CM droid companion.

Edited by DarkTergon

Except for one little thing about this topic, this wasn't started because of people wanting HK, this was someone saying that they were getting HK-55 when that has not been announced.

Except for one little thing about this topic, this wasn't started because of people wanting HK, this was someone saying that they were getting HK-55 when that has not been announced.

the header was 'so we're getting HK-55' but the actual topic was wether we could get a HK-47 customisation. But it got derailed by myself and others into a wether we should get HK or not, and during that 'debate' someone asked a question about wether it was for just 55, or both. So it was on topic, but slight off too ;)