So basically im BROKE if i dont pick slicing?

Slazz

my friend is 3 levels under me and has 150k already at lvl 29... im sitting at 32 with f'n 8k to my name after buying all the new training skills i needed.

something wrong here?

I have slicing in the mid 300s right now, and I have to agree. I have about 130k at level 32 right now, but on my level 24 jedi knight, I never had more than 20k at a time. I think Bioware went a little overboard on training and repair prices, but that's just me.

if you don't do crew skills your fine. If you do slicing your rich. If you do anything else your constantly struggling for enough to even buy skills.

Is about the sum of it

Endgame though every skill is very nice, including slicing since it provides the mission items for the guaranteed artifact missions.

Just slicing is super OP for the first 49 levels and maintains it's free to do and really nice rewards status at 50 without even having to work the auction house if you choose not to

my friend is 3 levels under me and has 150k already at lvl 29... im sitting at 32 with f'n 8k to my name after buying all the new training skills i needed.

something wrong here?

I have a lvl 27 Jedi Knight who is sitting on 80k right now. I have spent well over an additional 80k on extra items, and I do not have the Slicing skill.

Im armstech/scavenging/investigation. Level 41. I have about 100k right now. This is AFTER spending about 280k previous level for new mount, skills and ship upgrades. My armstech is about 370/400. Investigation 50/400.

Dont know what people are doing to not have money in this game. I sell BoE gear on the auction house and i never buy vendor items/gear. Dark side gives a few extra credits when i get to sell people out. I raise my armstech through only crafting barrels which is dirt cheap. And i get by just fine...

I have Slicing at 400, and I have no idea how you Slicers are rich. I pay 1200-1400 credits a trip to come back with maybe 2K a box. I've spent the last hour or so hovering just above 80K because half of my returns barely break even with what they cost to go out and do.

Only run Rich/Bountiful missions. Rank doesn't matter (except skip the single rank 1 Rich mission, it is much less profitable than the others). Rich and Bountiful missions give approximately 3x the credits per hour that Moderate and Abundant ones do.

the problem is overally with crafting not just slicing. From jsut a bit beta weekend expirience i could tell that if you do crafting alot you are broke all the time.

Quest rewards are good, planty of options with commanditions pvp gear etc.. this all makes very hard time selling stuff - not to mention if other guys also level up their crafting they are broke too so they cant afford buying gear of ah.

At top of that missions are so expensive .. you pay 1k for some missions already at 25+ lv and i imagine everyone want to be ahead in craftign so they can equiip new shinies jsut after ding.

this is a huge money sink

im 41 400x in all proff craft included + slicing. got the 40lv mount, bought quite some mats on ah but also sold crafts so thsoe even out. Siting at 550k now.

Edited by Crawler

Players with slicing have more credits because slicing breaks even, so it doesn't cost anything to level, whereas most players are trying to level a third mission skill while they're leveling, which their quest income simply can't sustain.

At lvl 50, slicing doesn't make credits very quickly.

I never had trouble with money - Always had cash for the skills, even the pilot 1/2/3 AND i got all craft skills at 400 when i just hit 50 yesterday. Only Investigation wasn't maxed the last five'ish levels

But (yes there was one, hehe) I almost never used any money on the regular vendors. No expensive specialty goods crap. I probably used 300-400k on marked, but not more then that i'd reckon. Didn't really need much more as i crafted my own barrels (mostly blue - sometimes purple) each other level and got commendation mods for the gear all the time. I usually leveled armstech by making barrels as well, since the other gear is too costly resource wise - and getting purple

All other drops was just sold to vendor - didn't have time to sell it at the marked :p

You aren't rich if you do slicing, you are just poor if you do crafting.

This. Slicing honestly doesn't make that much money - but crafting is very expensive. Slicing yields a net gain, the other missions skills (with the exception of Treasure Hunting that is also quite profitable) yield massive losses.

Guildie of mine is sitting over a million creds from slicing. I was broke 2 days ago from maxing cybertech and spamming underworld trading for mats. RE'd a blue l50 earpiece. Other crafters know how hard that is.

Picked up slicing a little over 24 hours ago, Im now sitting on 400k.

You aren't rich if you do slicing, you are just poor if you do crafting.

No, you are only poor if you are bad at decision making and put very little on the auction house. I don't have slicing on my Jedi Knight Guardian and have Cybertech, scavenging, and underworld trading. I make plenty of credits by putting higher quality items and mods on the auction house and do my daily space missions every day as well. I may not make as much as slicing but it's enough to get by for sure.

I had almost 70k at level 23 just from selling grey items and greens. Could of made more if I wanted to tax players for crappy greens.

2 hours after I trained for speeder skill at 25 I was sitting on another 40k just from greys, quests and greens.

Money seems fine imo. You have to spend some to level trade skills but thats a given in any mmo.

Slicing? Are you serious? I took Slicing, but only because I don't care to craft and figured that being able to open lockboxes around the world is a decent trade-off.

I have 500k creds at level 37 with all pack slots, current gear, every speeder bike I have encountered so far (I like collecting them) and all skills. How? Because I took a gathering skill and a crew skill and I sell EVERYTHING on the GTN. As I'm typing this I have over 120k worth of sold good waiting for the money to make its way to me from the AH (darn one-hour delay).

I powerleveled the heck out of my crew skill, and it has been a good investment. I am the only provider of Tier 4, 5, and 6 crafting mats on the Republic side of my server, and since I'm the only game in town I can charge whatever I like and people will pay -- especially the hardcore guilds that are gearing up for Operations and need to level their crafting.

I have figured out how to make the system work, but my secrets are my own. I can't remember the last time I sent a crew member on a Slicing mission -- it's a waste of time, and time is money to me.

Sigh, just be smart with your money people.

Cybertech/Underworld/scavenge.

I could buy all my skills, speeder training. While still having enough to keep 2 companions deployed on missions at all times and buying vendor stuff from specialty goods vendors

Wrong, wrong wrong.

Slicing does not make you rich.

Crafting does not make you poor.

Proper credits management and using your brain makes you rich (or less poor)

First off all, you do NOT need to buy new ranks for every skill on your trainer.

Check your advanced class, check the skill tree you invest points in and learn which skills you will use in your rotation and which skills you will never ever ever use with your current advanced class. Don't upgrade those skills. They are a waste of money until we get dual speccing.

Secondly, do you really need that extra 10% speed from buying speeder piloting 2 at level 40? I don't think so. That's 200k saved right there. Just get it when you are swimming in credits later on. (Same for the level 50 speeder piloting, which is only another 10% speed increase)

Thirdly, don't buy loads of expensive gear from the auction house that you will out-level in 2 hours. Total waste of credits. You can get the occasional nice piece of gear for a good price but too many people go overboard when they see that shiny purple item for "only" 20k on the auction house. That's 20k wasted on an item you'll replace within a day when you are still leveling up. If you don't have an armor crafting profession, then make some friends who do. Ask them to make you some armor for a fair price or buy some cheap materials off the auction house and have your armor made. Gatherers are swimming in green quality crafting materials and are throwing them practically for free on the auction house this early in the game.

Lastly, don't pay your companions to go on gathering missions. Gather stuff yourself (scavenge, bioanalysis, archaeology)

I'm currently level 39 with about 310 armormech, 330 scavenging and 395 underworld trading. i'm sitting on 300k+ credits and don't know what to spend it on.

I haven't done a single scavenging mission in my life and have 100-200 spare of each grade 1 to 4 scavenging material, just from questing and grabbing all the junk I find on the floor. I also haven't sold a single underworld trading material on the auction house yet. All my credits are from quest rewards and selling grey / green junk to vendors.

If you still can't make any credits after reading the above 4 points then maybe you are just destined to be poor. But that is NOT due to the game design.