Closing in on a target while using melee skills

Underbank

I'm very much liking this game so far. I'm trying to play a Jedi now. I sometimes find myself moving 90 degrees away from my intended direction, as I have a mob targeted, instead of right at it. I suppose I can only be strafing unintentionally. I use the standard movement of WASD. I set up target nearest enemy for "V". It seems hard to move to the target. I sometimes also get hung up on rocks and crates. Using my first character with a blaster was much easier. There doesn't seem to be any way to have your 'toon move to the target on his own. With not being able to hit my target unless I'm within 4 meters I find it difficult. The first mob is easy as I can just jump to him.

Any suggestions?

Do you have A and D set to left and right strafe or left and right turn? If you are playing WASD, you should have them set to strafe, but they default as turn buttons, with Q and E being strafe. It sounds to me like you are trying to turn and strafing, or vice versa; because moving 90 degrees away makes me think you are trying to turn toward your enemy, but strafing. Just use right-click to turn your camera and turn for your next opponent.