[Suggestion] - Big improvements to existing LFG in small steps

Hello Bioware,

I got a few ideas of just minor changes that will improve the LFG system a lot for me.

I think that these changes can be partially implemented and still improve the system a lot.

1. Advocate the use by adding a LFG button just like you have the PvP button at the rightside corner of the minimap
  2. Make a separate window for LFG and don't use the Who tab for it
  3. The LFG Comment should be a lot wider so make it possible to either resize the "window" or just make the "LFG window" larger so you actually can read what people write there. Right now the text is just chopped off.
  4. Make sure that only people who are looking for a group are listed in the LFG window.
  5. Keep "Search Terms" input... that is good
  6. Make it possible to "scroll" for the people who are looking for a group. This "scroll" can be exactly like the one you have in the Galactic Trade. You just press next/previous of the current list with applied search term filters.
  7. Add a checkbox that asks somthing like : "Only look for others on this planet". If you unclick this the list will server wide.
  8. Add a level range text box just like you have in Galactic Trade so you quickly can filter out what you want. Set it default to something sane like -3 levels below and +3 levels above my current level when I'm leveling. At level 50 default to 50 as min/max since I think most common uses will be for hardmodes or the group quests in Ilum.

Doing these "minor" changes will give us a LFG system that won't require you to rewrite the entire LFG engine and still make it so much easier for us who want to do hardmodes or heroic quests to do so.

Also these changes will not "break" any community but rather encourage them since people might actually use the system.

It will be easier for me as well to check if there's any point in "waiting/shouting" to create a hardmode group.

Otherwise I think this game is great!

Cheers,

/c

Edited by curzed

I think the LFG system should be a complete opposite of this.

Have groups listed with members, roles needed, instance & time to start plus a comment.

Make it so you can plan your night of gaming in advance.

I don't really want to "plan" my groups, though. When I want to run a Flashpoint or Heroic or Operations, it's because I benefit from or need that mission completed to move and don't want to wait around for hours or plan on doing "later". I feel that with a time to start it would just generally say "Immediately" because most groups are planning on running as soon as they find a full group. Especially when only four people are needed, the roles needed would be useful but overall would make the process a little redundant.

For operations this might be a useful idea, otherwise a system that doesn't involve extended amounts of time of waiting or looking would be nice. Planned things are generally only useful for group of friends or colleagues.