RUMOUR Alert!!!

Logisitcs

LucasArts has the final say in everything Star Was related.

I'd be pretty sure sub model isn't SW related. That's not to say LA wouldn't have some control over that, but when you buy a licence you tend to have a fair bit of control, just not over lore stuff like Jedi Wookie(e)s.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be pretty sure sub model isn't SW related. That's not to say LA wouldn't have some control over that, but when you buy a licence you tend to have a fair bit of control, just not over lore stuff like Jedi Wookie(e)s.

They have stated that if EA makes a mess of this game or tries to, they will take the reigns. yes they have said that and can...if they wanted. Right now...EA isn't doing too much to mess it up though. Seems they are letting BioWare do their own thing, which is nice

dude..they said it last year.

Proof, please.

Go check the quotes on google.

No.

The burden of proof lies on the individual making the claim. It is not my job to find the quotes for people asserting their existence.

LucasArts HAS in fact said many times before if EA makes poor decisions due to marketing or publishing rights or anything else, they will take permission of the game because they don't want another Sony Online Entertainment DISASTER that screwed their first one.

If they have "in fact" said that many times, it shouldn't be too hard for you to drudge up an example, then. Bear in mind there's a difference between taking control of the game and rescinding their grant of license to use the Star Wars IP.

Proof, please.

No.

The burden of proof lies on the individual making the claim. It is not my job to find the quotes for people asserting their existence.

If they have "in fact" said that many times, it shouldn't be too hard for you to drudge up an example, then. Bear in mind there's a difference between taking control of the game and rescinding their grant of license to use the Star Wars IP.

If you do not want to find out. Sucks for you. It will take time finding the quotes. But I will :)

Granted, bioware are not in the capital to run independently but if they was able to legally separate from EA due to EA being a sinking ship, Bioware could be free to pick another publisher e.g SEGA or Sony

God forbid if they picked Sony there assuming that scenario would happend that they had to look for a new one...

Or, you could, you know, just quit playing, stop coming to the forums, and forget about it. Why are you so threatened by the fact that people enjoy playing this game? Did you lose a bet or something?

This ^

I just don't understand all the "allergy" to this game from some people! If they like WoW ,go to WoW! It's still the most played! This one is no threat to WoW as we all already saw.

Also, I don't support the idea of going F2P. F2P works when the game is released with that business model from the start. If they really are going to put this F2P, make it a mixed model: who wants to pay monthly fee gets all as it is today, the F2P players will have to ditch some cash for some stuff.

I think the problem with getting new players to SWTOR is the box price. Paying for game plus sub it's a no go for a lot of people. They should go with something like 20$ as in EVE.

If EA is switching the big boss, I hope it changes for better.

I don't believe this game will ever go F2P. EA would have to convince LucasArts that it was needed. Lucas does not budge for anyone, though.

- DIablo 3 F2P

- GW2 F2P

- EVE - can be pay with game money

.... think again .... after 50 level we have only WZ and Daily

- DIablo 3 F2P

- GW2 F2P

.... think again .... after 50 level we have only WZ and Daily

Diablo 3 isn't F2P, it's Pay to win... And where's all the new contents? Oh, there are none of significance. That's why F2P sucks. Diablo 3 =/= an MMO like WoW and SWTOR.

As for GW2, they're buy to play, but how will they be able to keep up with a subscription MMOs? Where will the money come from? Why would less money not make an impact on the quality? Yes, GW2's developers say they can do without, and that they'll get an income from expansions, but do you really believe that? Doesn't that rub you wrong? They'll just rush the expansions, which basically will be normal, free, content-patches, but it'll cost you. They'll also be released in a much slower phase. It's just a trick, a fraud.

And have Activision become even more of a King of Crop? No thanks. I like some competition even though the competitors are bad.

HAHAHA they're thinking of selling Activision blizzard, soon a dark age will be among us again. Only two that has the chance to save games is Nintendo or valve

HAHAHA they're thinking of selling Activision blizzard, soon a dark age will be among us again. Only two that has the chance to save games is Nintendo or valve

Vivendi is selling its part on Activision Blizzard which will continue to exist. Same thing with different shareholders.

Edited by BrunoLogan

- DIablo 3 F2P

Diablo 3 isn't an mmo!

- GW2 F2P

GW2 has the exact same model as the first one, which had no impact on any of its competitors - it filled a niche, just like the sequel will once the hype train de-rails like it has with every other mmo.

EvE same as GW, a niche game - completely different business model that has had no impact on competitors.

-.... think again .... after 50 level we have only WZ and Daily

and 5 story mode flashpoints, 8 Hard mode flashpoints, 3 operations - two with three difficulties, one with two..... yeah there's nothing to do at 50 :rolleyes:

Edited by The-Vortex

As for the original topic. It wouldn't be surprising if they can the CEO. Pretty standard practice when stock suffers over a period of time. It is a sacrifice to Wallstreet to build stockholder confidence. As for his replacement? I'm not sure it really matters much. Most of these guys are all cut from the same cloth. Rarely do you have a visionary that does something radically different that is successful. So, you can expect more of the same. Directionaly, EA and other big gaming companies are looking to subscription services for an infusion of revenue. This goes way beyond SWTOR and that will not change.

Besides, the gaming industry has been experiencing a downward trend for quite some time now. Over saturation and greed are the cause of it. Too many games, high price points, and a sluggish economy are to blame. That's not going to change either until we find equilibrium.

Diablo 3 isn't F2P, it's Pay to win... And where's all the new contents? Oh, there are none of significance. That's why F2P sucks. Diablo 3 =/= an MMO like WoW and SWTOR.

As for GW2, they're buy to play, but how will they be able to keep up with a subscription MMOs? Where will the money come from? Why would less money not make an impact on the quality? Yes, GW2's developers say they can do without, and that they'll get an income from expansions, but do you really believe that? Doesn't that rub you wrong? They'll just rush the expansions, which basically will be normal, free, content-patches, but it'll cost you. They'll also be released in a much slower phase. It's just a trick, a fraud.

Diablo 3 is not a MMO. And it is FTP once you buy it. It is basically a single player game with co-op options. GW1 did fine as a FTP and they had several expansions. It is wrong to say they cannot do it, because they have.

Diablo 3 isn't an mmo?

GW2 and EvE niche game ....

yeaaaaa

SWTOR, it is not MMO - it is movies game.

SWTOR is not MMO - it is single player game with chat and LFG script

SWTOR is not MMO - it is KOTOR & MassEfect mish-mash

:)

yeaaaaa

Except Diablo 3 actually isn't an mmo - its a single player / co-op dungeon crawler. The most people you can interact with in game is four other people... that sure as hell doesn't sound like an mmo to me, and before you even say it as long as you're not one of the few people still clinging to an origin server, you see a lot more than 4 people in this game.

Edited by The-Vortex

yeaaaaa

Mostly. They are slowly changing the second thing though. D3 is 90% of the "MMO" this game is (and this is coming from someone who likes this game)

Edited by islander

Hey there!

We're going to go ahead and close this thread as it is off-topic to this forum. Please keep all threads and topics in General Discussion directly related to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Thanks and may the Force be with you!