Best unlocks for leveling?

Kroonermanblack

I've barely returned after 9 months idle, most of my friends are gone and I'm starting over.

I've got a fist full of cartel coins, and an active scrip. I've got a single char, level 10, on my friends server.

What can I buy to make my life leveling up better? I prefer passives, account unlocks, and similar, rather than one use items.

I was thinking buying the human legacy might help, since it gives 100 presence. Any other suggestions?

I have recently come back and have some 1300 Cartel Coins that I am not sure what to do with. Credits aren't a huge issue right now and I can afford my speeder riding and bag slot increases (I made credits back when Slicing was insane), is there much else that people would consider mandatory for sub 50 subscribers?

Or is it best to just hold onto the coins and use them for gear once I get to 50 as I do not plan on leveling more than 1 other toon in the foreseeable future.

As written above, the rocket boots are nice for those long tunnel runs back to the entrance. The field repair robot on the field to empty your inventory and repair, the field mailbox are both nice things to have too.

One unlock I like is the reduced cooldown on quick travel (from the default 30 min to 20 min)

I would advise against any XP boost, as if you like to do the missions, you'll quickly outlevel the content. XP boost are for people who run their 4th or 5th character and don't want to bother with content they know by heart, but if it is your first character, my opinion is that you should not look at your level but just enjoy the story and where it leads you (well you still have to keep your gear up to date of course).

If you are a casual gamer (meaning you don't plan on doing lots of PVP/ warzones or PVE/ operations), one thing you could do with your cartel coins is to buy all the F2P unlocks (hide headgear, display title, event requisition, crew member appearance, crew skill slot) so once you cancel your subscription, you can still play like you've been doing (without access to end gam content of course).

Edited by Oggthebase

I've barely returned after 9 months idle, most of my friends are gone and I'm starting over.

I've got a fist full of cartel coins, and an active scrip. I've got a single char, level 10, on my friends server.

What can I buy to make my life leveling up better? I prefer passives, account unlocks, and similar, rather than one use items.

I was thinking buying the human legacy might help, since it gives 100 presence. Any other suggestions?

^ This! Easily worth double the price when you're starting out.

Don't waste credits or coin on gear. Although if you can get your hands on a pink purple +41 power cartel crystal, that would be worth the price. They are lvl 10 with Columi stats!

A cartel speeder is also a good idea, they are fairly cheap on the GTN and scale to your training level, so you don't have to replace it.

Rocket boots, companion gift bonus, repair droid, mail droid, leadership (companions sell trash faster).

Class story xp bonus is also very good.

Depending how loaded you are, the cartel xp bonuses could be an excellent investment.

I would advise against any XP boost, as if you like to do the missions, you'll quickly outlevel the content. XP boost are for people who run their 4th or 5th character and don't want to bother with content they know by heart, but if it is your first character, my opinion is that you should not look at your level but just enjoy the story and where it leads you (well you still have to keep your gear up to date of course).

this. i know you wanna level fast, but don't rush the story. that's hands down the best part of the game.

Edited by happysister

• 2 weeks later...