Sage armor broken and or Kephess NiM broken.

While the mechanic sounds broken if its hitting tanks for 50K or so, I'm just finding the irony amusing that people complained that nightmare Kephess was too easy, now he's too hard! Oh the irony! (again though, probably due to a bug)

While the mechanic sounds broken if its hitting tanks for 50K or so, I'm just finding the irony amusing that people complained that nightmare Kephess was too easy, now he's too hard! Oh the irony! (again though, probably due to a bug)

I don't think he's too hard at all

It hits me for a little over 36k without anything used on me. Add bubble and extra armor from your sage healer's rejuvenate or decreased damage taken from 3 different commando healer abilities, maybe even guardian leap and you'll survive. In the old days of orbs in Soa fight oneshotting us we used rakata medpacs to get 15% to max hp but they removed that now :p

Plenty of ways to survive, as long as you and your team know what you're doing.

At this point, I think logs are needed. As indicated before, as a Balance specced sage, I was able to survive it in full 72s with my own bubble (albeit very little health left).

Perhaps also double check your spec to make sure you are specced into Jedi Resistance or Telekinetic Defense.

It hits me for a little over 36k without anything used on me. Add bubble and extra armor from your sage healer's rejuvenate or decreased damage taken from 3 different commando healer abilities, maybe even guardian leap and you'll survive. In the old days of orbs in Soa fight oneshotting us we used rakata medpacs to get 15% to max hp but they removed that now :p

Plenty of ways to survive, as long as you and your team know what you're doing.

Pelara is OP and needs nerf dont listen to what hes saying..

The OP is the healer in my nightmare group and I have seen him get one shotted by this mechanic several times. He is full 72 min/maxed, guarded and bubbled.

I suspect that there might be a bug but dunno.

We complete the encounter if he doesn't get targeted more than once.

The log looks a little odd due to the timing of the stun wearing off before the damage occurs. Assuming this is a lag issue with the combat log, it is possible that the 1 point in Mental Defense (15% less damage when stunned) I have in my spec might be the difference since it looks like the stun is applied before the damage occurs. If you have that point as well, then I'm not sure.

i think people are missing the point here lol... i mean the guy is killing NiM Kephess getting to Phase 2, do we really think "use your bubble" or "force barrier" is the actual answer? lol, he might have barrier in CD from P1 laser... he should be using bubble as well plus there is 0 dmg towards him after the jump lands..

heres the thing, because i have seen some in my group get one shotted too: the mechanic (8 man) is strictly as: P2 start... random jump on anyone... then nanites... after this... incluiding jump on pillar 2 and pillar 4, the mechanic has 6 persons with nanites + 1 main tank (never has nanites) + 1 free of nanites.... this because... 6 persons has to click, 1 person without nanites will always get the reticle (move away)... main tank free to taunt him back, theres been cases where main tank got reticle as well instead of other clear person.

what normally happens that ive seen in our 1 or 2 one shots, is that when people miss to cleanse the debuff from nanites, for whatever reason, miss click or barrage or mistake... the next round will have all 7 persons with nanites, so 1 person with nanites will get the reticle, and i am almost sure reticle + nanites debuff is an instant kill (saw it twice two shotting people for over 40k.... it killed me once with killed by target with 0 Damage)... so i assume, part of the mechanic is "if you miss nanites cleanse, unless you are lucky, you will get someone dead by reticle".

i think people are missing the point here lol... i mean the guy is killing NiM Kephess getting to Phase 2, do we really think "use your bubble" or "force barrier" is the actual answer? lol, he might have barrier in CD from P1 laser... he should be using bubble as well plus there is 0 dmg towards him after the jump lands..

There is aoe dmg often shortly after the jump (within 3 seconds)

i think people are missing the point here lol... i mean the guy is killing NiM Kephess getting to Phase 2, do we really think "use your bubble" or "force barrier" is the actual answer?

I like how this started as "obviously he tried barrier and shield, he's on kephess nightmare and those are things anyone could think of", and ended as "OP probably had nanites and didn't realize it".

thats a 45k hit after armor... these op designers are twisted sick people. hitting people for 60k+ pre mitigation. dont they know there are light armor users in this game?

No, you subtract the Absorbed from the amount it says it hit for to get how much it actually hits for so he got hit for 34420.

There is aoe dmg often shortly after the jump (within 3 seconds)

yeah but the actual jump is whats killing them, not the aoe after, i mean if the kill shot is 30k-42k is not aoe, its the jump, its what i am trying to say, if hes dieing by 2k dmg then he should know by know hes doing something wrong am i right? lol

No, you subtract the Absorbed from the amount it says it hit for to get how much it actually hits for so he got hit for 34420.

you dont need to have a sorc healer, theres a Bug, or mechanic we have yet to really understand, we cleared it with 2 operative healers, none of our people were close to die.... then again our first attempts with sorc shield, some people got killed thru, and i got killed by 0 dmg... so its either what i say "nanites" thats how i got killed by 0 dmg, just like TFB P1 adds you cant "shroud" thru it.... or it is a random Bug / calculation... just like TFB P1 when first adds doesnt show, its normally tied with "when you push fast enough dps", normally when we have tentacle at 40% before beacon they doesnt show... but like one of my raiders say, it might just be mixing 2 different things and its a bug :).

also i was thinking maybe something like... the more distance you move the harder it hits.... sorc and Ops tend to force speed outside the group / exfiltrate, its worth the try... the fight doesnt require sorc shield becaues we did it few attempts without it and no one dieing, and OPs doesnt give 10% armor buff either, so... either is a bug or we are missing something :p.

0 dmg deaths on this fight with red circles in most cases mean someone else had the red circle and you didnt get away from them in time.

As for the sorc issue we noticed this happen a couple of times but it seemed okay as long as our sorcs remained topped off and put up an absorb.

0 dmg deaths on this fight with red circles in most cases mean someone else had the red circle and you didnt get away from them in time.

As for the sorc issue we noticed this happen a couple of times but it seemed okay as long as our sorcs remained topped off and put up an absorb.

might be the case, but like, almost 100% sure i have yet to get hit by someone elses circle, but i dont remember... i just saw our stream kill in our title run, yeah it seems like both our OPS get hit for like 35-38k and survive with shield + shield probe lol, but again we have done without Sorc shields and survived, so its confusing lol

The log looks a little odd due to the timing of the stun wearing off before the damage occurs. Assuming this is a lag issue with the combat log, it is possible that the 1 point in Mental Defense (15% less damage when stunned) I have in my spec might be the difference since it looks like the stun is applied before the damage occurs. If you have that point as well, then I'm not sure.

I have a point in that too

So its decided sorc/sages are getting undying rage and an execute.

Thanks bioware

OT: I've never died to the red it just drops me to sub 10% (self-heal/medpac back up to 50+)

OTv2: Both dulfy and I tonight survived the jump without force barrier. Both went under 10% but shouldn't outright kill you

Edited by JDotter

It seems like some people automatically assume people do not know what they are talking about. This is unrelated to nanites because the OP did not have them and to force barrier as the cooldown is too long to be used more than once. Ive seen our gunslinger at 100% reduced to 5% with his defense screen up while in full 72s and over 34k health with my force armor on him (with the 10% force armor talent, and 1168 bonus heals so its not like it is an underpowered bubble). How would a sage survive that without barrier with less armor and no short cooldown defensive cooldowns? Alternatively, how would my gunslinger survive without a bubble? Can we not run with a combination of scoundrel and commando? But the damage appears to be inconsistent. Sometimes that same gunslinger comes out with 25% health. Maybe Kephess is critting on the jump, maybe it is something else, but there is definitely something wrong if sages are getting one shot on an attack that is impossible to avoid being targeted by. Also something wrong if a sage bubble must be present for someone else to survive.