Give Fusion Missile back it's explosion!

Galbatorrix

Seriously, go look at the blazing fire animation for Plasma Grenade (Commando's mirror move) and then Fusion Missile. When they switched Tracer and Fusions animation, they left out the big explosion Fusion used to make.

It's small I know, but fix it anyway!!

Who uses FM??? 32 heat build up is not worth it imo.

Fusion Missile is the best, hands-down, opening attack you can make. It lights them up and starts a nasty DoT effect. Alpha with Fusion Missile, hit the unload/tracer, explosive dart, tracer, HSM, Railshot.

Explosive Dart > Fusion Missile > DFA. Insane AoE damage. The heat is quite a bit, and like someone else said, it's of more use to Pyro.

Yep, I'm still leveling up and high heat or no, we can down a group or 4 or 5 weaks/strongs nicely with our AOE combo. I use FM all the time for that.

My AOE rotation for fights with lots of grouped up mobs goes: DFA > Fusion Missile > Flamethrower (if I'm in range) > Sweeping Blasters spam til cooldowns are up. I'll usually use TSO on one of the Sweeping Blasters, because by then I need the time to vent heat.

It's how I handle the Trenchgutters on HM Kephess.

Seriously, go look at the blazing fire animation for Plasma Grenade (Commando's mirror move) and then Fusion Missile. When they switched Tracer and Fusions animation, they left out the big explosion Fusion used to make.

It's small I know, but fix it anyway!!

Short answer: No?

They changed the FM animation with tracer missile because 99% of mercs hated the animation for tracer, and since it is used far more they swapped it. Rightly so.

People who continue to post this same request over and over again really should think things through.. You actually believe they are going to cater to the .5% and change back something that most would say they vastly improved? Cmon.. :confused:

Short answer: No?

They changed the FM animation with tracer missile because 99% of mercs hated the animation for tracer, and since it is used far more they swapped it. Rightly so.

People who continue to post this same request over and over again really should think things through.. You actually believe they are going to cater to the .5% and change back something that most would say they vastly improved? Cmon.. :confused:

I don't think you understand what the OP is asking. He isn't asking for the Tracer Missile animation to be switched back, he's asking for the big explosion of flame around the target that used to accompany FM before the switch. Like he said, the Commando mirror ability Plasma Grenade has it.

So basically, keep the jetpack missile animation, but add the blanket of flame upon impact, like the original animation had. It's quite possible BW didn't even know the flames were lost with the switch.