Kudos to SWTOR's Operations

I have to say, this is the first MMO I have played where it is not a total pain the butt to find a group for a raid (Operations in this game).

Yesterday I played one Op with my guild, and this afternoon I did one with a group advertizing on general chat. Neither time did we fall apart from people quitting, everything went relatively smoothly.

Overall, not just with Ops but with Flashpoints as well, SWTOR has a very smooth transition to end-game content, and you don't feel cheated even if you end a run without getting any loot.

So again, Kudos to Bioware for making such a great endgame!

I have to say, this is the first MMO I have played where it is not a total pain the butt to find a group for a raid (Operations in this game).

Yesterday I played one Op with my guild, and this afternoon I did one with a group advertizing on general chat. Neither time did we fall apart from people quitting, everything went relatively smoothly.

Overall, not just with Ops but with Flashpoints as well, SWTOR has a very smooth transition to end-game content, and you don't feel cheated even if you end a run without getting any loot.

So again, Kudos to Bioware for making such a great endgame!

Duran'del here:

Not sure if this is a troll(Posts like these normally are), but if its not, I have to say I disagree with you. Ops groups are impossible for me to find, and Ops are near-impossible to beat because I get stuck with players who only play Tank-and-spank bosses.

Duran'del here:

Not sure if this is a troll(Posts like these normally are), but if its not, I have to say I disagree with you. Ops groups are impossible for me to find, and Ops are near-impossible to beat because I get stuck with players who only play Tank-and-spank bosses.

This is only the case on the server you play on. I am originally from BC and I agree its near impossible to find a good PUG group, but on other servers this does not exist.

Duran'del here:

If groups are impossible for you to find, then you're looking the wrong places, and if they're impossible to beat because of the people you run with, this is again your fault.

Try forming your own groups, and make sure people know the fights beforehand. If YOU don't, then dulfy.com.

This is only the case on the server you play on. I am originally from BC and I agree its near impossible to find a good PUG group, but on other servers this does not exist.

Well it all depends lol. After many raiders from the good old days left server, it got harder, but is still possible. I can't speak much to pub side, as I have spent the last two weeks since my return to game trying to form a raid team in the guild I help run. We don't quite have enough people yet, so have I've had to pug a few people every time. ( for clarification we only run story mode 55 ops ATM,) got 5 guildies together last week, and had to pug a tank, healer and dps for sm tfb.

Asked in chat for people who knew fights and/or had team speak. None of the three had experience or team speak. It took us a while cause I had to type explanations in chat, but we didn't wipe once on a full clear. There was only one 72 geared dps. Rest of us in guild were in 69s with me tanking on my new jugg in 61s. Pug tank was in 61s/66 and had never done an op b4, pug healer was in makeb mods and had done sm ev up to soa. Pug dps said he'd cleared all content but his actions and achievements said otherwise. Nonetheless after typing all explanations, we proceeded to one shot all bosses with no deaths except the aforementioned dps who refused to clear his doom stacks, stood in lightning, dced every 5 mins and so on lol. I couldn't believe we one shot it all with 3 first timers and a sadly under geared group. The pugs were fair on loot rolls and patient when I took 15 mins to type out the explanation for last boss. They even said they hoped they could come with our guild again.

Just goes to show you can get good pugs on BC. And if your ever on imp side and see Speresia looking for more for a guild run, durendal, feel free to come along and we will show you a great time.

Edited by taxidermis

Duran'del here:

You have a post here on the front page noting yourself that you lead raids but have gone into fights without making sure that the fights have been explained. Step up and help other players get better.

That said, I came in with a guildie to help another guild do their first EV HM, but despite explanations they couldn't even manage the puzzles. The mdps were tossing their sabers and then standing there on the adds, not clicking when their turn came up on the panels. They claimed their guild was experienced in raiding and was just new to EV, but the tactics were ugly in general and they neither used voice nor kept an eye on chat for relevant info.

Anyway, pug groups can be a mess, bug as long as there are a few experienced players it usually isn't too horrid. I don't see anything with actually learning the fights as you go IF everyone else is on board for that.