Where to get my speeder, once the skill has been purchased?

CateLemnis

Speeder vendors are on the fleet (Ranks 1,2, & 3) Tatooine (Rank 1), Alderaan (Rank 1 & 2), Quesh (Rank 1 & 2), Voss (Rank 3). There are also speeders on the GTN that are adaptable to your piloting level. Edited by Gidrea

Not sure you can buy speeders on DK... Go to fleet and head to the vendors sector or travel to the likes of Tatooine which definitly has a vendor, and a different selection to fleet.

Hmm, I'm not sure how far away I am from Tatooine (following the narrative) as yet but I'll check it out once I get there.

Speeder vendors are on the fleet (Ranks 1,2, & 3) Tatooine (Rank 1), Alderaan (Rank 1 & 2), Quesh (Rank 1 & 2), Voss (Rank 3). There are also speeders on the GTN that are adaptable to your piloting level.

Ah hah! Seems a bit strange to have to go to fleet to get a speeder but that's definitely my best bet for the moment. Thanks for the different locations too!

Speeder vendors are on the fleet (Ranks 1,2, & 3) Tatooine (Rank 1), Alderaan (Rank 1 & 2), Quesh (Rank 1 & 2), Voss (Rank 3). There are also speeders on the GTN that are adaptable to your piloting level.

As our good friend posted above, you can get some speeders at these locations, you can also get one by buying the deluxe edition, inviting a friend to play SWTOR, who ends up subscribing, and there is another speeder that you can buy in the VIP Lounge.

It's not like Knights of the Old Republic. Travel is not restricted by storyline. Once you have your ship, you can go to Tattooine right away if you wish.

I had a look at the galaxy map after I got my ship, if I'm reading it all correctly, I'm far too under-levelled to make Tattooine anything but a massive headache. And besides which, I'm enjoying having a strong narrative to follow, so I'm more than likely to stick to where the story takes me this time around at least.

Oh yes, I forgot about the Digital Upgrade! $5 in real money gets you a speeder that ranks up with you!

I feel like a real dolt for asking this but, where's the VIP lounge ... and how do I become a VIP? An auto-levelling vehicle sounds quite handy.

Edited by CateLemnis
spelling/grammar errors

You get VIP if you bought the deluxe version of the game, otherwise you can pay for a VIP pass with 1m credits :)

I'd check the GTN for speeders, some types are very common with cartel packs and can't be sold to vendors. You might find something cheaper than speeder vendors and it'll be one of those that you don't need to replace.

There is a vendor at Balmorra for the imps and... on the aquivalent planet for the reps. So, yeah, a bit stupid because most reach lvl 15 on DK/Coru, but you'll be soon on Balmorra. And there is a GTN on DK, so you can buy a speeder from there, too. (Since there are always a few speeders that are cheaper than from the vendor, they are adaptive and offer excellent protection against getting knocked off, so it's worth to buy an adaptive speeder from the GTN.) Edited by abokado

You can go to the speeder vendor on Tatooine without having to fight anything, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing there you can't buy on the fleet.

You can buy the Digital Upgrade here: http://www.swtor.com/buy

for $4.99 US, and that gets you the speeder (on every character you have, now and in the future), access to the VIP lounge (Elevator near the bar on the fleet) and some other toys, like a flare gun.

Yeah, the change to lower the level accessable for speeders has meant it happens on a planet without a vendor now but when you get your ship you can travel to any planet and walk around the spaceports and starting zones without being attacked buy mobs. This gives you access to those vendors like Speeders and Companion Customisation. Obviously the other standard vendors will be selling items leveled for that planet.

they also added speeder vendors on Balmorra (Empire) and Taris (Republic).

Also have a look at GTN. Speeders dropped like hell from the cartel packs and they have those hypercrate things out now. Because lots of people bought those hoping for the big jackpot (white crystal, overlord throne type stuff), there are tons of speeders out there now and you can pick those up for as low as 4000 credits. They are adaptive speeders, better then from vendor.

I have a speedrer collection now, not paid more then 8K for any.

the lower level access is nice. I have the deluxe upgrade and get a free speeder on every alt. So much better to be able to have a speeder at lvl 1 for just a few CC's.

You must be level 10 to train for speeder piloting. 15 without Legacy.

If your legacy level is over 10, you can train at character level 1. I do it with all my alts.

The window clearly says "Requires level 10." My Legacy is at 50, so there's nothing else to unlock, and I took that screen shot 5 minutes ago, so it's not something that's changed.

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww51/GidreaLightsky/speederpiloting_zps3aea8718.jpg