General Chat is Killing SWTOR

MiddleDarkness

Out with general chat, in with chat bubbles. I enjoy every aspect of SWTOR with time played 149 Days, 17 hours, 10 minutes EXCEPT GENERAL CHAT, its poison killing the game and any enjoyment I get from it. The first thing I read when I sign on is “swtor sucks, I hate this game, the event is lame’’ etc....... non-stop all day and if isn’t SWTOR bashing it’s innate never-ending ending stream on stupid questions from so many trolls no one ever helps people that actually need help. There is no reason for gen chat, why does some guy talking about his personal hygiene on the other side of the planet not even playing game have to be broadcast for all to see, or crafters spamming “buy my junk, buy my junk, and buy my junk”. Have a noob/stupid question channel with a GM in it to answer the 1000 “where did I park my spaceship” questions. General chat is seriously ruining game. The social people who just like to blab can blab to their guild and if they don’t have a guild it’s because no one wants to hear them so don’t give them a way to reach everyone trying enjoy the game by having general chat. Please employ chat bubbles

General or world chat in every game I've ever played is a mess of idiots being idiots. Cheap idiots are no worse than paying ones.

Really obnoxious non-paying idiots can be booted and banned a lot faster than paying ones. The company has nothing to lose for kicking out freeloaders.

• 3 weeks later...
I play on Gav Daragon and our General chat is actually pretty decent, Republic side at least. Don't get me wrong, you'll log in and see some pretty stupid stuff going down if your on fleet, but most of the time it's just people having a good time. I'd say while our General Chat isn't perfect it isn't as horrible as the rest of yours sounds... There is hope ^_^ Edited by Lucas_Sorrell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I felt this way from the begining.

SWG did not have general chat. Everything that said was said in a chat bubble. Face to face talking very good for the community

That being said I would love if /say had a chat bubble, then i would just turn ofg general chat and be immersed. The good thing about general chat is /say was in chat bubble is that there would be less non sense in the chat bubbles.

The problem now is i cant turn off general chat because i love random RP and if want to be IC, alot of the time newer players will talk to me in general chat because they are still learning.

the default /say with the chat bubbles made it very easy to communicate is SWG and after 8 years of that game i was confused about general chat when i first started playing.

• 3 weeks later...

So, why doesn't the OP just remove General Chat from his chat tabs? That's the first thing I do in all my new characters.

gold sellers

TOR is the third Star Wars MMO and none have ever had a gold seller in them.

Credit Sellers on the other hand have been a real threat.

SWG did not have general chat. Everything that said was said in a chat bubble. Face to face talking very good for the community

That being said I would love if /say had a chat bubble, then i would just turn ofg general chat and be immersed. The good thing about general chat is /say was in chat bubble is that there would be less non sense in the chat bubbles.

Amen. Seriously, it's 2012 and TOR doesn't have chat bubbles. People are griping about rated warzones and other frivolous themepark garbage yet TOR doesn't have the 15+ year MMO standard of chat bubbles?! Misplaced priorities!!

Edited by JekRendar

• 2 weeks later...
I find it funny when people get yelled out for trying to find groups in general chat ("You know there's a group finder right? " or "Join the que and quit spamming chat"). Heaven forbid someone actually mention something relevant to the game in general chat, lol.

I find it funny when people get yelled out for trying to find groups in general chat ("You know there's a group finder right? " or "Join the que and quit spamming chat"). Heaven forbid someone actually mention something relevant to the game in general chat, lol.

Or trade in general... I hate it when people do that.:mad:

General or world chat in every game I've ever played is a mess of idiots being idiots. Cheap idiots are no worse than paying ones.

Really obnoxious non-paying idiots can be booted and banned a lot faster than paying ones. The company has nothing to lose for kicking out freeloaders.

kicking them will get rid of some yes,,but not the very worst of them,,the hackers

EVERY F2P game is infested by them,,as soon as they get banned , they make a new account

the fact, that not even blizzard is immune to these people is a reason for concern

worst scenario: it will be like APB,,i wonder how they get anyone to pay for that

Wait is no one else worried that the OP has spent 5months of time at his computer playing swtor over 11 months?

I think someone needs to go visit this dude and play a boardgameand with him or take him to a sporting event like a basketball game or a football game.

Omg is worse... He posted that back in August. That means 87% of his time over 8months was just sleeping or playing swtor - that's means only 1 month of time over those 8 months were out of bed and away from his computer.

Edited by Dacer

So, why doesn't the OP just remove General Chat from his chat tabs? That's the first thing I do in all my new characters.

Ha ha, I love this. Simply acknowledging what is, instead of waiting till you're driven mad.

Edited by Andge