Passion or Serenity?

iamthehoyden

When it comes to playing Sith and Jedi, you have some options on whether your toon is focused on light or dark, passion or serenity, order or chaos. What code is your Sith or Jedi following?

My jk is a fan of Revan's "passion coupled with tranquility," and she values independence of will. She's very Sith-like in not rejecting emotions, but she becomes focused and calm with razor-sharp intensity when lives are on the line. The worse the situation is, the calmer she becomes. (And she knows she's probably going to get thrown out of the Order at some point, which she's not too broken up about, lol.)

Well, my Sith War was all about passion and serenity. She showed mercy and compassion most times, having way more LS points than DS points. But when an NPC in her class story pissed her off, all mercy/compassion flew out the nearest airlock and she happily took those Dark points with no regrets.

On, I believe it was Hoth, when Daahg hurt her crew mates and she saw their unconscious bodies in the airlock....ooo, she was mightily pissed. She was just glad Quinn agreed with her on which direction she took. She booted that ****er right over the side and would have roasted marshmallows over his burning corpse if she had them

My Jedi Knight on the other hand, she's the daughter of a merciful agent and of course Vector. She does have her dark days, mostly opting for a neutral response rather than an all out LS or DS one. The only true DS points she got was when she began her relationship with Doc. She tries to follow the code somewhat, but she has a lot of influences from her parents, her mother's crew (why hello thar, Kaliyo!), and her aunts/cousins.

Lest see:

Guardian: Mostly follows the Jedi Code, but does not agree with the whole 'No Emotion' part. He sided with the in-love padawans back on Tython and married Kira, he has also made some DS choices to ensure the safety of the galaxy. So Serenity with a dash of Passion.

Sage: Pure good, despite being a pure Sith. So most definitely follows the path of Serenity.

Assassin & Sorcerer: Both are completely and utterly insane, so I guess Passion.

Marauder: My current one is a complete sadist, still smiles about what happened after he killed Lord Grathan (Poor Vett). Though with the release of the Cathar I am most likely going to reroll him and he will be more 'For the good of the Empire' so I can see him doing more LS choices if they benefit the Empire. So Impassioned Serenity.

Both my Jedi toons are definitely 'Serenity', I just play as I feel I would behave... I'm not a very emotional person :D

Should really consider doing some different styled characters; perhaps my Vanguard would be a good option for this..

Well, my Jedi Sage in my personal head canon is a former Force Adept and remembers the war. He disagrees with the Jedi on the "serenity" angle, but he's mostly light side. He's more "guardian of peace and justice" and less "durrhurr, we have to do what the Republic wants!" He pursue's relationships openly and prefers mercy and other positive emotions where other Jedi would probably call him foolish or emotional for doing so. He also makes somewhat less-than-jedily decisions sometimes. For instance he chose to preserve ancient writings on war and poetry and love rather than preserve jedi teachings on meditation.

My Sith Warrior so far has been very calm and ruthless. She's kind when it will get her ahead in life, or when cruelty would leave a living enemy behind. When she backstabs, she backstabs to kill. But so far she's spared people in hopes of cultivating allies who can help propel her to power. She's actually less emotional than the Jedi is. A cold, ruthless, and efficient killer.

And I'm waiting for Cathar and Cyborg unlocks to do the Jedi Knight and Sith Inquisitor story lines.