Darkness tanking stats? - simple answers only please!!

CARNAGE_FU

As title says I'm not looking for a 1000 word essay going off subject and not being remotely helpful by not answering the question I posted. (Which is what I have experienced so far)

All I am looking for is the answer to the following, for darkness end game pve tanking:

How much defence rating?

How much accuracy?

How much shield rating?

How much absorb rating?

Thanks in advance!

As title says I'm not looking for a 1000 word essay going off subject and not being remotely helpful by not answering the question I posted. (Which is what I have experienced so far)

All I am looking for is the answer to the following, for darkness end game pve tanking:

How much defence rating?

How much accuracy?

How much shield rating?

How much absorb rating?

Thanks in advance!

Don't bother with defense. You get more than enough of it if you're gearing for tank stats, since it's everywhere.

No accuracy at all, tanks get a passive +10%, which is enough.

Shield and absorb rating share the same slot, so you split them. Have between 50-65% of your stat budget for them in shield, rest in Absorb. How much shield is pretty much personal preference.

The more shield and the less absorb you have, the more damage you take overall, but you're less prone to spike damage and vice versa.

Edited by Torvai

How much defence rating?

How much accuracy?

How much shield rating?

How much absorb rating?

Thanks in advance!

Defense and accuracy - dont actively acquire, as you will get it anyways

Ultimately any split of shielding/absorb between 40-60% will be fine, as the difference is minimal at max stats.

Ive found max endurance with 40-60% absorb/shielding split to be the most effective for survival, according to in game, parsing, and theorycrafting.

• 9 months later...

Not sure what the others above are going on about, but I'd go with more shield (I run 1800 shield and 1300 absorb). More shield means taking more damage, sure, but less spikes. But yes, you get passive 110% accuracy so don't run any of that.

Tank stats hit really low diminishing-return areas especially defence so you might want to trade in the token unlettered mods and enhancements for higher endurance ones that sacrifice tertiary stats with little to no effect on your mitigation overall, particularly lethal B mods, whatever the enhancements with more endurance are called. The higher endurance gives your healers a little extra breathing space for failed mechanics and the minuscule drop in mitigation can be very much made up through proper use of your over 9000 cooldowns.

• 4 weeks later...
That's very low for a shadow :(

Depends on gear rating and augments. But My DPS Shadow has 130 HP but its fully 248 with augments ( the tier below the newly added ones).

Edited by Yezzan

• 1 month later...

The normal build: 2/3 of the tertiary stats into shield rating, 1/3 into absorb rating. Lethal B Mods (or Warding B Mods), medium endurance, high tertiary stat enhancements (if possible). Otherwise, 248-Token-Piece-Enhancements, Relics of Focused Retribution and Serendipitous Assault.

Reason: You don't need Defense Rating, the stats are more useful if invested into Endurance.

My current build: >750 alacrity (GCD-breakpoint #1), 1-2 Enhancements with absorb rating, the rest into shield rating

I am using the high-endurance-alacrity enhancements (around 3 of them). Relics of Focused Retribution and Shrouded Crusader.

Reason: You don't need Defense Rating, stay above 30% and everything is fine. Shield around 2000, Absorb around 500. HP is at ~143k. Relic of Shrouded Crusader + Recklessness combined are turning into a reliable Defensive Cooldown (with around 70% Shield Chancen and 70% Absorb Chance, if both are active). Alacrity increases DPS and lowers cooldowns of Recklessness and Saber Overcharge.

From my perspective, there are only very few bosses, where more Tank Gear increases the overall survivability. Also, our heals are good enough, to heal through it without any problems.

For all builds - you can also run full tank or full dps-gear - it is most important, that you know, what you, your class and your group are capable of. The last thing, that should be subject to blame is your gear, as long, as you carry a shield genarator, have 248/246 armorings and the correct set bonus.

Happy tanking and may the taunt be with you!