Class imbalances in pvp

justintong

Going to point out imbalances in pvp straightforward:

1. Tank assassin(shadow) - how can a tank speced assassin becomes a DPS player who can be an actual threat to a dps speced player in a 1 v 1 situation, ie, the tank has the ability to kill a dps? It is funny how a tank specced assassin can be one of the top3 most damage done in a game.

2. A dps guardian(juggernaut) using soresu form to guard people meanwhile outputing insane damage. They can be one of the top dps in a game while having protection points of 20k? This is riduculous.

3. Tank guarding a commando (merc) healer - Simple, heavy armor + guarded = unkillable. Even if players gang up the commando(merc) healer, pop their shield and full hp again. This is ridiculous and makes them very very hard to be killed.

These things are ruining the enjoyment of playing pvp now because people simply just play the easy classes and win easily.

I hope these imbalances can be fixed where a tank is a tank, they should not do dps that is equal to a dps speced player. Guardians (juggernauts) soresu form should have an effect that greatly reduces their damage output so they either guard a person which will sacrifice their damage output or use their aggresive form to actually do dps.

Lastly, guarded commando(merc) healer, in a rated wz they are impossible to be killed due to their heavy armor and guarded PLUS 'chain healing' - other healers help healing the commando (merc). I hope there will be adjustments for commando(merc) healers so pvp playing is fair.

A tank that dies once or twice throughout the course of a pvp match will always end up doing more damage than a squishy DPS that dies a few dozen times.

Because of their taunts and guard, healers also tend to pay more attention to tanks than they do to DPS, further lending to the survivability of tanking classes, and thus to the total amount of damage they can deal while living.

When a damage dealer gets surrounded by 3-4 enemies, he ends up poofing pretty fast, even if a healer is with him. A tank that gets surrounded by that many enemies - especially with a healer present - is more likely to survive and to take out those enemies.

Deal with it.

1. Tank assassin(shadow) - how can a tank speced assassin becomes a DPS player who can be an actual threat to a dps speced player in a 1 v 1 situation, ie, the tank has the ability to kill a dps? It is funny how a tank specced assassin can be one of the top3 most damage done in a game.

2. A dps guardian(juggernaut) using soresu form to guard people meanwhile outputing insane damage. They can be one of the top dps in a game while having protection points of 20k? This is riduculous.

3. Tank guarding a commando (merc) healer - Simple, heavy armor + guarded = unkillable. Even if players gang up the commando(merc) healer, pop their shield and full hp again. This is ridiculous and makes them very very hard to be killed.

These things are ruining the enjoyment of playing pvp now because people simply just play the easy classes and win easily.

I hope these imbalances can be fixed where a tank is a tank, they should not do dps that is equal to a dps speced player. Guardians (juggernauts) soresu form should have an effect that greatly reduces their damage output so they either guard a person which will sacrifice their damage output or use their aggresive form to actually do dps.

Lastly, guarded commando(merc) healer, in a rated wz they are impossible to be killed due to their heavy armor and guarded PLUS 'chain healing' - other healers help healing the commando (merc). I hope there will be adjustments for commando(merc) healers so pvp playing is fair.

I would just like to point out that im a jugg (rage) and i do 20-30k protection just using my taunts.... and im Shii-Cho Form. So if they have someone guarded topping dmg and only doing 20k protection they are bad...

I wonder why people want everything to be nerfed...

This kind of thing (to nerf stuff) is what spoils and make a game boring over time in my opinion.

A few days ago i saw another thread from a guy saying to nerf scoundrels / operatives healing.

This thread's owner will probably won't like my next comment, but to me, people that complain and ask to nerf a certain class is only having a hard time to beat them down in PvP arenas and / or are the main targets for such classes.

I play mostly RDPS classes, like the gunslingers and snipers and when a scoundrel / operative give me a hard time in PvP, I just "tendon shoot" them to get them "stuck" to the ground and then I start to discharge all my most powerfull abilities on such enemy to kill him.

If that doesn't work at first, I retreat, "tendon shot" again, DPS again and so on.

It's just a matter of knowing what to do when you're in trouble.

Playing as a sniper, if there's a force sensitive on me, I just "Ambush" shoot them throwing them 10 meters away from me, then "tendon shot" and again start using everything I've got to take them down.

It's simple...

Every class has its particularities and depending on the gear that each player use, they can do more or less damage regardless if they're a tank or healer or dps...

So that's my two cents.

ooh, a tank guarding a healer like they're supposed to- so overpowered! An bounty hunters actually have probably the worst shield of all the healers- it only reduces damage by 25%, while making you immune to interrupts. The agent and inquisitor shields actually block ALL of a certain type of damage.

I wonder why people want everything to be nerfed...

This kind of thing (to nerf stuff) is what spoils and make a game boring over time in my opinion.

A few days ago i saw another thread from a guy saying to nerf scoundrels / operatives healing.

This thread's owner will probably won't like my next comment, but to me, people that complain and ask to nerf a certain class is only having a hard time to beat them down in PvP arenas and / or are the main targets for such classes.

I play mostly RDPS classes, like the gunslingers and snipers and when a scoundrel / operative give me a hard time in PvP, I just "tendon shoot" them to get them "stuck" to the ground and then I start to discharge all my most powerfull abilities on such enemy to kill him.

If that doesn't work at first, I retreat, "tendon shot" again, DPS again and so on.

It's just a matter of knowing what to do when you're in trouble.

Playing as a sniper, if there's a force sensitive on me, I just "Ambush" shoot them throwing them 10 meters away from me, then "tendon shot" and again start using everything I've got to take them down.

It's simple...

Every class has its particularities and depending on the gear that each player use, they can do more or less damage regardless if they're a tank or healer or dps...

So that's my two cents.

Yea well a **** ton of classes have already been nerfed and now there is a HUGE disparity in PvP.

I think the main thing here is that he's expecting to be able to 1v1 a tank as a DPS class...

To me, that's backwards. Tanks are meant to be who kill DPS classes in a 1 on 1 scenario, but you need a DPS class to take down dedicated healers. And, for the majority of this game, that's more or less how it plays out. A defensive tank who is able to withstand "3 to 4" people's worth of damage is certainly not going to have the raw dps to kill a healer. I'm sorry, but I just don't see that happening in competitive play.

I guess this is kind of a "know your roll" argument. If your a hard dps class like a Sniper or a Marauder, your sure as hell shouldn't be making a bee-line for there tanks. Let them get CC'd and taunted into oblivion and laugh at there paultry damage and crush the squishies...

1. Those assassins that do, use dps gear and even tho they can guard. they die almost as easy as a dps

They also they cant dish out the damage of a dps.

In the crushing majority of mmos DPS vs tank means a dead dps. How can a tank be a threat so you don't simply ignore it and move on if it cant kill you ?

But not in this game.

2. Classes that have taunt and use it, My personal record of protection due to taunts with no guard is something like 90k

3. You are not wrong there. But don't forget that a good tank protector will also taunt you when you attack the healer meaning another -30% damage.

A tank that survives for the duration of a WZ opposed to a dps that dies in 10 seconds and waits re spawn every 20sec The DPS might appear to do less damage. Its an illusion. Especially if the tank is constantly attacked and uses aoe attacks in the middle of 2-3 people for the duration of the fight.

ooh, a tank guarding a healer like they're supposed to- so overpowered! An bounty hunters actually have probably the worst shield of all the healers- it only reduces damage by 25%, while making you immune to interrupts. The agent and inquisitor shields actually block ALL of a certain type of damage.

Have you ever played an agent or a sorc ?

Agents shield for some reason blocks almost nothing. and works randomly.

Sorc shield under heavy fire by 2-3 dps trying to kill you ? Goes away in 1 hit. One hit of the 20 you will get.

Merc shield doesn't go away under heavy fire.

We know you don't want your class nerfed. That's no reason to say silly things my friend.

The food chain in pvp currently is different. Guardians, mercs and assassins are not OP classes currently. Everyone will tell you powertechs and marauders are the strongest dps, and operatives are the best healers.

Translated to: I should be able to beat every other class easily as a solo player and therefore any class I can't, no matter if they are playing as intended, deserves a nerf.

It's always the same old B.S. in a forum. I wonder how many of these posts are from spoiled crybabies used to getting everything their own way off their mummies and daddies who, after getting beaten off "class A" come straight on the forums to ask for a nerf?? People like this spoil MMO's for the rest of us because they have zero idea of what they are asking for.

PvP will always be imbalanced in these types of games. The only way to fix it is to essentially have all players have all the same abilities and gear and then they would complain about it being boring.....who would be a developer these days when you just can't please some people :)