Concentration/Fury on Parsely Leaderboards??

merovejec

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So anyone noticed the 10500 dps Fury parses on Parsely?

Check for Fury

It is a good spec, I think it is balanced fine given that you need zen to power up that continuous dps and for zen to be available asap you need to be on target continuously and pewpew. But people were underestimating this buff. but again maybe 1% of players can get 10500.

It's all because of 1850 alacrity, even before the buff with those stats it was likely capable of 10.4k, it just so happened to be discovered around the same time (just before). It slightly changes the rotation to be extremely simple and significantly higher.

It's all because of 1850 alacrity, even before the buff with those stats it was likely capable of 10.4k, it just so happened to be discovered around the same time (just before). It slightly changes the rotation to be extremely simple and significantly higher.

Exactly this I find alacrity arguments are best for performance I use alacrity earpiece also for fury and carnage. Carnage feels amazing and so fluid it literally just tears through mobs lol like decep sin but that'll change after the nerf...

thanks for the alacrity tip! it is a shame few people experiment beyond bant numbers but I will give it a try.

because I too sensed dps was better on maras with high alacrity just from doing some quick tests (I upped my to 1600 but may go beyond that number now). I think classes with instant abiities (no cast times) actually benefit from higher alacrity more than classes with channeling attacks or some form of dot rotation intervals (io merc/ madness sorc).

And edit just a though: If you do run alacrity that high 1800+ maybe crit relic becomes better than power relic? - this is debatable though.

Edited by ottffsse

thanks for the alacrity tip! it is a shame few people experiment beyond bant numbers but I will give it a try.

because I too sensed dps was better on maras with high alacrity just from doing some quick tests (I upped my to 1600 but may go beyond that number now). I think classes with instant abiities (no cast times) actually benefit from higher alacrity more than classes with channeling attacks or some form of dot rotation intervals (io merc/ madness sorc).

And edit just a though: If you do run alacrity that high 1800+ maybe crit relic becomes better than power relic? - this is debatable though.

I would still prefer the power relic purely because of it's reliability. The power proc will always help you while the crit one might not. For 1850 alacrity and fury in particular, the way the flat cd reduction on some abilities combined with the normal alacrity cd reduction lines up perfectly so that the rotation becomes very streamlined. Any less alacrity and you'll either have to use an extra ability (screws up rotation) or wait a fraction of a second before using another attack (dead time).

I am strictly a PvP player and am not much good at dummy parsing - can you explain how an extremely high alacrity build changes the rotation? My understanding is that it wouldn't actually change the 2 blocks fury goes through but just speed up how quickly you move through them. Is that wrong?

Nah crit is more for healers personally. Because we have autocrit It's not really any importance in the crit bonus proc from the relic I just use power and mastery relics. Mastery + Power gives you sustained DPS and a little crit chance from the mastery but totally helps more than crit chance because of downtime and other abilities that don't work of autocrit procs.

But by no means am I a expert tbh

Edited by DarthSealth

I am strictly a PvP player and am not much good at dummy parsing - can you explain how an extremely high alacrity build changes the rotation? My understanding is that it wouldn't actually change the 2 blocks fury goes through but just speed up how quickly you move through them. Is that wrong?

Well it speeds up rotation and play because of the CD which in theory increases DPS because of the more abilities you can squeeze in a block.

Well it speeds up rotation and play because of the CD which in theory increases DPS because of the more abilities you can squeeze in a block.
How is it that you're going to squeeze more abilities into each block when alacrity speeds up everything involved by exactly the same amount (including the length of the block)? It seems to me the rotation would be exactly the same but just go by X% faster based on how much alacrity you run.

Just to make sure I'm being clear a given alacrity % will increase how quickly you move through each block but it will reduce the length of the block by the same %. This would leave the rotation the same but simply make it go by faster.

Edited by yellow_

How is it that you're going to squeeze more abilities into each block when alacrity speeds up everything involved by exactly the same amount? It seems to me the rotation would be exactly the same but just go by faster.

Meaning it makes it more fluid try having hardly any and post back because I did and when you're in a encounter after a good few rotations you notice the CD will start affecting it.

With carnage it is the same but because of berserk increases alacrity it's not bad.

Faster gameplay more hits more kills more dmg equals more fury.

Pretty simple really.

Example. If you're facing a opponent with say half the alacrity you have it means that you have double the output because they're restricted.

I'm not good at maths and description but basically I'd put that over any arguments being the extra Mastery/Power or Crit to me is pointless for the substantial increase in DPS since you'll double that with alacrity and for crit it's a chance which I'd use as a healer because there is time a crit heal is needed.

Edited by DarthSealth

Meaning it makes it more fluid try having hardly any and post back because I did and when you're in a encounter after a good few rotations you notice the CD will start affecting it.

With carnage it is the same but because of berserk increases alacrity it's not bad.

Faster gameplay more hits more kills more dmg equals more fury.

Pretty simple really.

In these perfect dummy parses being discussed does fury not follow a complete set 2 block rotation? That you just do over and over and over until you hit execute, where you edit vicious throw into the rotation and resume doing the same thing over and over? How is alacrity going to change the rotation in this environment?

Edited by yellow_

In these perfect dummy parses being discussed does fury not follow a complete set 2 block rotation? That you just do over and over and over until you hit execute, where you edit vicious throw into the rotation and resume doing the same thing over and over? How is alacrity going to change the rotation in this environment?

I'm no expert but through experimenting this is what I found my guildy uses Fury but crit'd out he cares little for alacrity and accuracy < granted the last one so it is personal opinion if you feel it makes no difference crit out or personally mastery because that's what I was.

Edited by DarthSealth

Thank you for making me go back and test this stuff, turns out I had attributed the difference for a rotation change, however there is no rotation change, I was just basing that off of the previous rotation and I had assumed (wrongly) that the previous rotation was a good one.

The main reason is something that I don't completely understand why it happens though is that the difference of 1.3% alacrity (changing one crit enhancement for alacrity to reach 1850) causes an apm difference of 3 which is a huge difference. That apm difference is by far the biggest reason. I'm pretty sure it's because of the way the game rounds the GCD. With 1850 alacrity it rounds to 1.3 seconds per GCD while with any lower it rounds to 1.4 seconds which adds up to a ton of extra time saved over a few minutes for very little lost in crit.

Thanks for making me actually understand what's happening so I don't look like an idiot anymore.

probably Bants numbers were correct - the thing is that since BW buffed the class, and there are no new calculations, those calculations are outdated now.

Thank you for making me go back and test this stuff, turns out I had attributed the difference for a rotation change, however there is no rotation change, I was just basing that off of the previous rotation and I had assumed (wrongly) that the previous rotation was a good one.

The main reason is something that I don't completely understand why it happens though is that the difference of 1.3% alacrity (changing one crit enhancement for alacrity to reach 1850) causes an apm difference of 3 which is a huge difference. That apm difference is by far the biggest reason. I'm pretty sure it's because of the way the game rounds the GCD. With 1850 alacrity it rounds to 1.3 seconds per GCD while with any lower it rounds to 1.4 seconds which adds up to a ton of extra time saved over a few minutes for very little lost in crit.

Thanks for making me actually understand what's happening so I don't look like an idiot anymore.

Is this for real? Like to they really round up to the closest 0.1s? I see the 3-4 APM difference you are talking about in the top fury parses on parsely (with people having the exact same rotation, higher APM generally has a bit less crit, but still parses a few hundred more). This would affect more than just Fury tho, unless I don't understand what you just said. Please elaborate.

(can someone also tell me what % 1850 is for cause I gotta math stuff)

Edited by Eloi_BG

Is this for real? Like to they really round up to the closest 0.1s? I see the 3-4 APM difference you are talking about in the top fury parses on parsely (with people having the exact same rotation, higher APM generally has a bit less crit, but still parses a few hundred more). This would affect more than just Fury tho, unless I don't understand what you just said. Please elaborate.

Yes I think it would affect all specs - but it would be more significant on specs with many auto-crit procs on others it would be just trading higher apm for less crit damage or vise-versa.

Yes I think it would affect all specs - but it would be more significant on specs with many auto-crit procs on others it would be just trading higher apm for less crit damage or vise-versa.

Good point about the autocrits. My issue is really about the round-up tho. I'd be very surprised if it's so clumsily done (rounding up to closest 0.1s). I mean that would make lots of alacrity changes useless (as in if you add 300 alacrity but it takes you from a 1.42 GCD to a 1.37 GCD then it doesn't change a thing). I'd test it in game but wont be able to until tomorrow.

Note: Values are random just for the sake of making my point clear.

It makes sense mathematically, the amount of GCD's you get with a 1.3 second gcd is 46.15, and with a 1.4 second GCD it is 42.86, which is a 3.29 difference, the other off the gcd abilities aren't affected as much which is what would bring that down to around 3. It doesn't quite make sense with rounding though because with 1840 alacrity on my sorc my gcd is brought down to exactly 1.3 seconds (doesn't need to round), but there definitely is a very noticeable difference in fury with a very small alacrity change. 1840 alacrity gives me 15.29% alacrity.

Also when I tested a 1.3 second (what is says on castbar) lightning strike vs a 1.2 second lightning strike by just changing 1 augment, the minimum cast time for 1.3 seconds was 1.282 through 50 tries, while for 1.2 seconds I had a minimum time of 1.228 seconds. Both of them had an average around 1.3 seconds however (1.305 vs 1.302 respectively).

Edited by shyroman

It makes sense mathematically, the amount of GCD's you get with a 1.3 second gcd is 46.15, and with a 1.4 second GCD it is 42.86, which is a 3.29 difference, the other off the gcd abilities aren't affected as much which is what would bring that down to around 3. It doesn't quite make sense with rounding though because with 1840 alacrity on my sorc my gcd is brought down to exactly 1.3 seconds (doesn't need to round), but there definitely is a very noticeable difference in fury with a very small alacrity change. 1840 alacrity gives me 15.29% alacrity.

Also when I tested a 1.3 second (what is says on castbar) lightning strike vs a 1.2 second lightning strike by just changing 1 augment, the minimum cast time for 1.3 seconds was 1.282 through 50 tries, while for 1.2 seconds I had a minimum time of 1.228 seconds. Both of them had an average around 1.3 seconds however (1.305 vs 1.302 respectively).

This is so weird. Thanks for sharing, will look into it.