if Darth Maul can return, then so can Mace Windu

Macetheace

Of course not, but that's what not I'm saying. I'm just saying that leaving Maul and Boba dead would be such a waste of potential, its just plain silly. In such a sense they did need to be brought back, and I believe the positives outweigh the negatives (or rather 'negative' as the only bad thing is the implausible survival scenarios - which aren't that implausible.)

I mean, think of it like this:

Who raged when Malgus and Serevin were killed? I did, they could have given so much more. Who wants them back? I do!

Well Malgus has done a fair quite abit, reaching his own goals and all that. So I wouldn't say that he himself got wasted really. Though didn't the station blow up? I dunno if Malgus could survive getting tossed down a shaft, and then be able to get up and escape.

But anyway, focusing back on topic...ya Mace Windu is dead.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, bringing back minor but popular characters does not harm the franchise. If anything it makes it better because it takes the huge potential of these sidelined characters and expands on them. Before TCW Maul was just a brutish weapon of Sidious who did his bidding and then was killed. Now we see he is not an unintelligent brute, he is cunning, manipulative (and his voice acting is great!) and he want's revenge. We're finally seeing the good guys lose, especially Obi Wan who has been owned twice, the second fight was actually quite suspenseful, and Adi Gallia was killed. And we're finally going to see Sidious pick up a lightsaber! I really don't see the negatives of bringing back a character like Maul, who was wasted in The Phantom Menace. (And in the real-world its boosted popularity for the show, and secured future seasons.)

Not sure about Boba Fett, I know little about his EU exploits. But what I do know is his potential was equally wasted in Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. He said little and did little, his character was not explored at all. The EU is doing that, its exploring and expanding on a character with incredible potential, and giving them a good reason to resurface the Mandalorians. I see nothing but positives... except coming to terms with slightly implausible deaths.

In a nutshell, I have nothing against, and wholeheartedly support the revival of minor characters whose potential was never fully realised. Mace Windu is not one of those characters, and I therefore would not support his revival. And I reject the resurrection of Sidious for the same reasons. Some characters should stay dead, they've fulfilled their purpose. Boba and Maul are not those characters, they have so much more to give.

There is no reason to explore BF. He IS a minor character that fans blew out of proportion. I hope he stays dead in the next set of movies. He may be alive in the EU but as far as LA is concerned, the EU is just fanboy BS that they let people write. The movies are their own canon. (And apparently TCW since LA directly tied them to the movies.)

Edited by Arkerus

IMHO TCW is a bastardization of SW and isn't worth the poodoo it's made out of. BRINGING BACK DARTH MAUL?

Guy is cut in half and somehow MIRACULOUSLY SURVIVES? DAFRAK? Sorry no, just no. I knew I hated TCW cartoon for a reason. This only further proves my point.

Person dies in SW, LET THEM REMAIN DEAD. Seriously, anything for ratings these days...

What I find strange is that barely anyone here against bringing back the likes of Boba and Maul are acutally giving reasons for their point of view. Only that the deaths where unrealistic, and then a bunch of meaningless emotive statements 'its StuuPid!' But who really cares about that? Surely its the character that matters, not how he died and how he survived. No one here has said that the reincarnations of Maul and Boba are badly written characters, why? Because clearly they are not, clearly they have brought no negatives to the Star Wars franchise in any way - apart from anger a few fans who thought their survival was 'StuuPid!' But then again I bet very few people here have watched TCW or read the Boba comics, so you really can't comment. :p

Go watch and read them, then come back to me.

Maul...I could see surviving, I mean Vader willed himself back to life in one comic and survived on the Darkside alone. So Maul surviving? Is ok, though I question why the reactor pit had vents given that the heat from the reactor would cause injury to other beings I don't think that is entirely safe unless its in space...

Boba surviving however? Ya I find hard to believe, I mean what are the odds that he would find someone who was telepathically linked to the sarlacc then goad him into constricting the tentacles on his jetpack and launching him out?

But anyway I can let the slide, however what I can't let slide is him surviving 3 more times! Or was it 2? The 1st and then the other 2 times? But anyway, regardless no....1 time wasn't really believable but can slide...however I am suppose to now believe he can survive 2 more times? HELL NO!

But anyway were getting off topic here folks, Mace is dead, he ain't coming back...so deal with it.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Mace needs to stay dead because it was an important part of anakins development and fall

Maul should have stayed dead but there was no real purpose to killing him because it did not affect obi wan in the story at all by. AOTC was so long after phantam that he might as well have not existed

Mace Window is dead. If I remember correctly, Yoda felt his death in the RotS novel. The man needs to stay dead. The fewer characters that "return from the dead" the better. I am a huge Mara Jade fan and was quite upset when she was killed off, yet I do not want to see herr brought back to life. Death should be a permanent thing. Window is dead, get over it.

So,

Mace Windu, I accept his death - even if it was a painfully written scene (if the lightning did'nt finish him off, the dialogue would've...)

I love idea of Mace surviving but only in a 'What if...' scenario.

http://www.secretalliances.com/Comics/SecretAlliances/Preview/SecretAlliances.htm

Darth Maul, fine - he was THE bad guy in Episode I, he killed Qui Gonn, he deserved being sliced in twain, the fight that claimed him was excellently choreographed!

However, bringing him back was utter BS and exceptionally implausible, it goes up there with all the other episodes that have blurred the lines of Star Wars lore (Nightsisters, Mortis, Mandalore etc)

As far as Fett is concerned, read the book whereby he frees himself from the Sarlaac; Bounty Hunters (I think), he explodes himself out with charges. If you read the early graphic novels, the above book and ignore TCW and the latter EU on Fett - you will likely have a new appreciation for him, as usual concepts have been taken to far, instead of new refreshing ideas and characters being imagined.

:)

Edited by Farstrider

Mace Window is dead. If I remember correctly, Yoda felt his death in the RotS novel. The man needs to stay dead. The fewer characters that "return from the dead" the better. I am a huge Mara Jade fan and was quite upset when she was killed off, yet I do not want to see herr brought back to life. Death should be a permanent thing. Window is dead, get over it.
Lol, Mace 'Window' was that a pun or a typo :D

Maul is dead. Windu is dead too.

But if you were going to have one of them survive which seems more reasonable? The guy who was blasted out a window or the guy who was chopped in half?

Windu > Maul

And who would have a place in Star Wars lore when they returned? Maul or Windu.

Maul > Windu.

If Windu survived the entire original trilogy would have to be rebooted, as its story would be rendered obsolete. Maul however, has a place in the Clone Wars - as made clear in the series. The last episode with Maul in by the way - was awesome.

Edited by Beniboybling

you've seen clone wars right/ Darth Maul returned

well if he managed to survive it is all too possible MAce Windu can also. that would be soo cool though.

What about Anakin? what feel you guys about that? would you believe an Anakin come back... the metachorines reconstintute him, we have no idea whether it is possible, kinda like a Gandalf return, , or a medivh return, it's not quite certain how it happens, but it is to combat a great evil like a punishment of sorts to make up for the stuff he did as VAder.

In a technical aspect you are correct, but in an in universe aspect, you are not. Preserving one's self beyond their lifespan is an aspect of the Dark Side. To live on, the discussion between Anakin and Palpatine states:

Anakin Skywalker: He could do that? He could actually save people from death?

Chancellor Palpatine: The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be... unnatural.

So if Mace Windu was actually a good Jedi, he would not be able to hold death at bay as Maul did. It was his hatred of Kenobi that kept him alive. Sure it drove him mad for a time, but his brother's connection pulled him back from that personal abyss.

While Master Windu was a BMF (since it is also engraved on his activation switch), he is not so "bad" that he can maintain his lifeforce within his body once his body failed. Having him resurrected would be a farce, similar to the resurrection of Captain Kirk after the events in "Generations."

Cut in half and grabbed something? laughable. IF you lived through that you would be in shock and unable to do anything. PERIOD

Windu was not dead or even unconcious as he flew out the window, the fall killed him and thats that. Force lightning didn't kill luke or knock him out.

Gotta love the way people pull EU stuff to prove a point. Its retconn fan fiction that just messes with movie cannon.

Cut in half and grabbed something? laughable. IF you lived through that you would be in shock and unable to do anything. PERIOD

Windu was not dead or even unconcious as he flew out the window, the fall killed him and thats that. Force lightning didn't kill luke or knock him out.

Gotta love the way people pull EU stuff to prove a point. Its retconn fan fiction that just messes with movie cannon.

No the lighting killed him, he was blasting Mace Windu with full power with Luke he was just torturing him. To reiterate

Defenseless, Windu was bombarded with Sith lightning as Sidious unleashed a torrent of deadly energy at the Jedi Master. The forked bolts of lightning penetrated Mace's body, illuminating his form from within. The final blast bodily lifted him into the air, sending his form hurling into the Coruscant skies, to crash lifelessly somewhere in the vast cityscape below.
Edited by Wolfninjajedi

No the lighting killed him, he was blasting Mace Windu with full power with Luke he was just torturing him. To reiterate

I just go from the films, he is still concious as he goes out, either he gets hit by a speeder or hits a walkway or hit the 'ground' whatever that may be

Erm, you'll also find in the real world people can't use a invisible field of energy to lift objects of the ground and shoot lighting out of there hands. PERIOD. However in the Star Wars world rules work differently. Yes Maul was partially in a state of shock (not so shocked to scream like a banshee) but he also had the Dark Side of the Force which changes the rules completely. (Remember what Kreia said? "Nothing is impossible with the Force.") Drawing on his anger and rage he obviously managed to stay conscious (he was not dead yet) and use the Force to propel himself towards an air vent. Oh and does still have hands, more than Windu could claim...

And Windu was defintely dead or unconcious when he fell out of that window. Watch the scene again (1:50) - oh yeah, that guy was soooo conscious. Just look at his face, full of life! Oh and compare that to Luke's 'ordeal'.(5:30) As you can see Sidious' lighting was nowhere near so strong as the lighting he applied to Mace Windu, and was partly in short bursts.

And what EU do you speak of pray tell? The novelizations are on the same level of canon as the films you do realise? They are not EU, or FanFiction. They are movie canon.

But really this debate is pointless. Any mature individual can get over a fairly illogical 'revival' - what you really should be asking yourself is, what good/bad has Maul's 'revival' done for Star Wars? Besides his arguably illogical resurrection?

The thread title says if Maul can return, then Windu can too. This I agree to. I only treat the films as cannon, novelizations always add stuff that isn't present in the films. They are treated with the same disdain by me as all the other stuff. I stand by what I said about Mace dying from the fall, though shock played a part as much as it did with Maul.

All Palpatine did to Luke when he actually tried to kill him, was apply lightning for longer. Force lightning on screen was force lightning. It was applied Less to Mace than to luke.

As it stands, they are both dead. If you can prevent yourself dying from a fall, then why didn't palpatine levitate or slow himself with the force somehow?

As it stands, they are both dead. If you can prevent yourself dying from a fall, then why didn't palpatine levitate or slow himself with the force somehow?

Because that's impossible. :confused:

Have you ever seen Jedi or Sith fly in the films?

P.S. I only believe Mace Windu was dead after he got rocketed out the Windu is because the film made him look dead. And few beings could have survived such a obvious concentration of powerful lightning. Luke didn't die because the Emperor was prolonging his pain.

Edited by Beniboybling

The thread title says if Maul can return, then Windu can too. This I agree to. I only treat the films as cannon, novelizations always add stuff that isn't present in the films. They are treated with the same disdain by me as all the other stuff. I stand by what I said about Mace dying from the fall, though shock played a part as much as it did with Maul.

Mace Windu was dead. Sidious applied the full force of his lightning to Windu's body, to the point that his skeleton was visible. He was dead within seconds of the lightning hitting him.

All Palpatine did to Luke when he actually tried to kill him, was apply lightning for longer. Force lightning on screen was force lightning. It was applied Less to Mace than to luke.

He was torturing Luke. You can clearly see that. Comparing both incidences, you can see that Sidious was clearly using more power to attack Windu than he was Luke.

He had been caught completely off-guard, there was no time to react. By the time he was falling down that shaft, it was too late. If you'll watch the Death Star II battle, you will see Sidious amp up the lightning upon being grabbed by Vader. That was all he could do.

Because that's impossible. :confused:

Have you ever seen Jedi fly in the films? Unconscious/dead and after suffering severe injuries?

P.S. I only believe Mace Windu was dead after he got rocketed out the Windu is because the film made him look dead. And few beings could have survived such a obvious concentration of powerful lightning. Luke didn't die because the Emperor was prolonging his pain.

Not in the films, but Sidious was capable of Force Flight. Just didn't have enough time to do it.

which is my point, you can't come back from falls like that.
Unless of course their is an air vent to propel yourself into... and you haven't experienced the effects of Force lighting. Its not a coincidence that Sidious and Windu where both subject to Force Lightning before their fall. Because its incapacitating.