bots hacks and cheats killing pvp

akcac

How odd - i've tried doing precisely what you're suggesting and i was respawned at the previous objective's respawn UNTIL players had moved past the location of the new respawn.

You have to die physically past the door, but other then that it should work. I do this all the time, it's a great way to steamroll a match. Piss someone off in the first round and make them kill you right after the bomb blows. A lot of the time I can place the next 2 bomb before anyone catches up, as long as my team isn't killing people.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, explain to me, how a char can get up from 3% HP, to full, in 1 second, with just 1 healer around. Even with wz medpac, and crit heal for insane amount, he cannot go from 600 hp to 20 000 in 1 global.

It was a powertech that did this.

if it was before 1.3 the healer prob poped a relic and an adrenal and was in the process of casting on the guy before he was at 3% (while he was still dropping) and at the same time he pops his 15 percent heal ( he was a powertech) and a wz medpac throw in lag and the possibility the guy had some sort of hots rolling on him and this might explain things. You can't claim cheats from this unless you got more proof. I'd say 90 % of all cheat claims are the result of lag (client and server side), bugs/glitches, and misunderstandings of abilities, resolve, and ability synergy. The other 10 percent are prob legit, you can't deny there is a bit of cheating going on but it doesn't seem too rampant.

Edited by Rompdomp

@Rompdomp

With this explanation, it may be the case. But it wasn't pre 1.3, it happened the other day.

The lag is so bad in certain wz's, it feels like some guys sometimes cause it. All goes normal, green bars on the lag meter, but it takes 3 s to activate anything, and looks as if the enemy does unseen feats.

Whatever it is, hacks or server desinc, they better fix it fast. Most people i know just stop playing when the Lag King rules.

Do any of the people QQing know what HACKING is?

Hint: it's not typing fast and making helicopters blow up, and it doesn't involve a 3D holo-graphic interface

You are confused. I can't say this enough. ALMOST. NO. ONE. IS. HACKING. PVP and the classes in general are just so broken you are seeing hacks where there are none. For example;

A powertech / Vanguard can be immune to root / snare / knockback with a little help for a complete war zone.

With the right combinations of buffs you can run at 300% speed for up to 9 seconds.

All knights and warriors can instantly fill their resolve bar without getting stunned.

A sentinel or marauder can exploit resolve and one ability to be immune to stun for 15+ seconds.

By leaping to a target and being pulled at the same time you can make yourself untargetable for long periods of time, or warp around the map

You can use the map to become immune to AOE damage in a number of ways

You can use the map to become untargetable in a number of ways

You can use any knock down ability in a way that makes it impossible to get up before the animation starts, effectively increasing the duration by 3-4 seconds.

Various other "animation lock" abilities can be used to increase the length of stuns to the point where you will have no resolve by the time they are finished, leading to chain stuns where it shouldn't be possible

These are exploits and NOT HACKING. And even then, 99% of all the QQ isn't even exploits and comes from a simple fact you NEED to understand before PVPing in SW:TOR

ALMOST EVERY CLASS HAS AT LEAST ONE ABILITY THAT IS BROKEN AND CRAZY OP IS USED CORRECTLY. On top of that, classes like Sent / Vaungard / and sumgs have the ability to do things that are so stupidly over powered (like stand there not taking damage for crazy amounts of time or killing you almost instantly) that people ASSUME THEY ARE HACKS when they are, in fact, just results of the way Bioware has designed the PVP game.

Last night playing voidstar a sage on my team tried to get everyone to report an operatives for hacking because he dropped out of stealth and killed him in 3 hits while he was stunned. THAT'S NOT A HACK, it's what operatives do. I've seen shadows reported for hacking in huttball because they ran the ball from start to finish using a SPEED HACK (force sprint) and a RESOLVE HACK which made them immune to stuns and root (resilience). Learn how broken the game is before crying hack.

Couldnt have said it better myself...I used to be the guy screaming hacks...since then, i sucked it up and shared accounts with friends...I have pvped most classes and saw first hand how many expoits are really running out there. What i thought were hacks were well played exploits. Hacks do exsist, ive seen a sorc fly from one end to the other in hutball, but what most people are calling hacks are really exploits.

That being said, why arent the expliots being fixed? Using a death exploit to your advantage, or camoing as the hutball is being thrown to you violates the EULA. And yes, using a skill other than the way its intended is an exploit and should be treated as a bannable offence. Those examples are easy and the people talking about them or bragging about using them are idiots. These types of exploits will get fixed...just like the force speeding across voidstarr gaps, or harpooning enemies up on the ledge in hutball and killing them.

The real question is, did BW intend for specific classes to be able to run for +300%, or be almost unkillable with cooldowns and hots running, or be immune to stun for long periods? These are the grey areas of exploits that get confusing. If BW would just come out and say if things are working as intended or not, things would smooth out.The simple fact that most of these individual skills are still running in the game...This tells me they dont care about them.

That leaves you with 3 simple choices....

1. quit playing swtor

2. stop pvping

3. deal with it...learn how different classes work. While some classes have strong abilities, they also have weaknesses.

(ex. I play a sawbones and normally team up with a solid vanguard. Normally we are almost unstoppable and regularly get accused of hacking (we dont). 2 days ago, we got owned. The duo we came up against didnt try to kill me, but instead kept me pulled/pushed/rooted and line-of-sighted from the vang. It was such a great strat, i logged over to my emp and congradulated them...it was the best pvp i had seen in a while).

Edited by VLAHD

Like players who think only cheaters can beat them.

pfft, I'm terrible, I know that, I only smash for 5k-ish, which I'm told is horribad, my reactions suck, &c. &c. &c.

I've no illusions that people can beat me w/o having to cheat.

But that doesn't mean I'm ok with seeing a bomb on the void door just disappear, even when I smashed directly on it moments before (ie, not possible to disarm it).

I'm interested to hear which servers this occurs on.

I am on Pacific Master Dar'Nala, and have never once seen a hacker. It may be because us Australian and New Zealand people have no time for hacking or I don't know, but I have never seen it (or if I have, didn't think anything of it).

I'm not going to deny the existence of hacking as it clearly has a bunch of people knickers in a twist, but I would love to see a recorded demo of it.

I have yet to see any hacks personally. Maybe something that i dont notice perhaps.

I have been accused of hacking once though, pretty funny since i dont know jack about computers.

I feel like 85% of accusations are just QQ players that lost.

I have yet to see any hacks personally. Maybe something that i dont notice perhaps.

I have been accused of hacking once though, pretty funny since i dont know jack about computers.

I feel like 85% of accusations are just QQ players that lost.

Ebon Hawk - doesn't happen offten, but I've seen void door bombs just disappear even with 4 or 5 guys aoe'ing the hell out of it.

I've never seen a pvp hacker, yet have been obviously called a hacker for many reasons because my new char i play is a mara. "Defense hack he only took 1 damage!!!" "His Ravage hit me for 8.6k on the last ticks, bs!!!!!" and the all too old, "Speed hacker, enjoy your ban!" I however have seen 2 hackers while leveling in my long sw:tor career. A speed hacker in tatooine across the leveling area, and a bot that would log in on a timer, pick up a chest, use a cheat engine teleport location to a next chest, and so on, and log off. Still even if it happened to me in pvp I would never make a thread about it lmao. Send a ticket, report the guy, and go on with your day. People act like it ruined there entire experience with the game, or that the vanguard who used hold the line throughout your huttball game was blatantly rubbing his hacks in your face. I genuinely dislike the QQ'ers more than the actual hackers.

pfft, I'm terrible, I know that, I only smash for 5k-ish, which I'm told is horribad, my reactions suck, &c. &c. &c.

I've no illusions that people can beat me w/o having to cheat.

But that doesn't mean I'm ok with seeing a bomb on the void door just disappear, even when I smashed directly on it moments before (ie, not possible to disarm it).

Hmm maybe he used resilience m8. Or another defensive cool-down that made your smash miss. It only takes 3 seconds to disarm the bomb.

The one and only odd thing I've seen in a WZ is...

While guarding west base in Ald WZ, my guarding buddy decides to go aid mid turret. So he runs towards mid wall, then proceeds to jump over it. Not in one big jump, in several smaller jumps from point to point. But he got over. I was at the time thinking more of 'wow I'm so gonna learn that'. Still not 100% it was a hack, but I guess so. 'Cause it's not doable by normal means right?

Other than that seen nothing. I'm abit suspicious about some stealth detects I'd admit. You're not supposed to be that easily detected and backstabbed by shadows when you have stealth+3 as an Op right? Then again I can't be sure it wasn't me looking away at the moment. I'll admit this is 99.5% likely to not be hacking going on :)

But other games had all kinds of hacks, so why wouldn't SWTOR be hackable too? Majority of reported 'hacks' likely have other explanations than the ones given by the poster though.

Edited by zoofar

i just ran into something interesting in a WZ this morning. A specific shadow was able, on 4 different occasions, to use mind trap (shadows version of it) on me while in combat with him (and obviously not in stealth). Being a sin myself at the time, i know that skill cannot only be used in stealth and out of combat.

To add insult to injury, when he used mind trap on me when we were fighting, i was stunned the entire duration and he was able to continue damaging me and knocked me down from ~19k to ~3k before it wore off.

I do not have a shadow, so this may be functioning as designed. But i know the Assassin's mind trap can only be used in stealth on a target not in combat and it breaks on damage. It could be a L2P issue on my part, i am hoping someone here can educate me on the shadows version of mind trap if that is the case. Of course, it could be a bug, but the fact he did it to me 4 different times in the wz, means he was taking advantage of the bug, if it was indeed a bug.

Edited by mulzii

The one and only odd thing I've seen in a WZ is...

... he runs towards mid wall, then proceeds to jump over it. Not in one big jump, in several smaller jumps from point to point...

You used to be able to make a couple of hops to get over the wall into mid if you could jump right - made getting there appreciably quicker. Bioware adjusted the scenery to make it impossible with patch 1.3. From the description, this may have been what you saw, and you can't do it any more.

Which is a bit of a shame in my book, one of the few occasions in WZs where you could use a bit of movement skill and strategy with the landscape, bar LOS-ing. Never mind.

Edited by Wainamoinen

You used to be able to make a couple of hops to get over the wall into mid if you could jump right - made getting there appreciably quicker. Bioware adjusted the scenery to make it impossible with patch 1.3. From the description, this may have been what you saw, and you can't do it any more.

Which is a bit of a shame in my book, one of the few occasions in WZs where you could use a bit of movement skill and strategy with the landscape, bar LOS-ing. Never mind.

I liked this trick too and was disappointed when they changed it. On top of the wall was a nice sniping spot also.

Just reported a player for the second day in a row, nothing happens. The hackers money is just as good to bioware as it is from non cheaters so that the game has no integrity now. I wish I had looked into all the hacks available for this game prior to my purchase of it and I will now research my games MUCH more closely from now on. They can't keep the code from being hacked and they don't seem to know when hacking is occuring, it is a complete mess. Even with the hacking gone, the continuous stuns, roots, and disparity between low and high level pvp gear is making this game no fun anyway. Being killed in 2 shots is only marginally worse than being able to do so to a low level opponent that PvP in this situation is not worth playing. Seldom do you get two teams relatively close and that makes matches fun and exciting!! I said SELDOM! The rest is just maddening and boring, respectively. Ugh, this game is just a waste of my money at this point.

At this point I think it is just handing out speeding tickets at the indy 500. Bioware remains clueless on most activities including how to write, test and compile workable code.

So far the imbalances are glaring proof of incompetency of any sort of game implementation. Most of us that are still here are somewhat forced due to not getting a full refund for time not used. I been asking for the balance remaining since 1.2 released and finally when my time is up it will be a sweet released for this implemented epic phail.

Most people's bets are the fact when this thing becomes free to play and considering most of the failures here I would consider making the game open source. The hackers might have more luck at repairing things then the current paid for game developers that exists here. Considering they could barely write an acceptable ending for Mass Effect 3 how do you think future progress on this game will help?

-Tordo is a nab

QQlazors

Bugs are not cheats and/or hacks; people often make that mistake, it seems!

True, but a bug systematically exploited is just as bad as a hack.

Real problem is that Bioware has no handle on the situation. The Hero Engine is client-heavy and, logically, a hacker's paradise (i.e. one could simply dl the source code for 1.3 client if so inclined). Bioware can detect some hacks, but mostly they rely on user reports - most of which are probably erroneous - so they are wasting a lot of time and resources sorting the good from bad reports. It certainly doesn't help that the game has so many genuine bugs as well.

Since the server merge, many player names include non-standard characters borrowed from a variety of languages. If you report a player and don't get the special characters in his name correct (there is no copy/paste option, no chatlogs and no easy way to submit a combat log or screenshot), Bioware cannot find them in their database - and that's exactly the response you get from them: "Sorry, character not found".

If someone finally gets caught for exploiting/hacking, he gets a one week suspension and can keep everything he might have gained from the exploits/hacks (valor, commendations, ranking, etc), even if he has been doing it for months.

In my opinion, that's not punishment, that's encouragement to cheat!

Edited by Totaltrash

All I can say is that they seem to be cracking down overzealously right now. I had a guildmate get suspended for "speed-hacking" last weekend (he wasn't). He's an AP Powertech, so he has hydraulic overrides as a speed boost + slow/root/etc. immunity and he rolls with me (carnage marauder) - so I hand out improved predation like candy. Took him ~18h worth of e-mail appeals for them to lift the suspension and compensate him with 15 days free.

Seriously, we get accused of speed-hacking EVERY DAY (multiple times, usually) - yet we don't hack. Sure, hacks are out there, but there has to be something wrong if the people that can give out suspensions/bans don't actually understand the mechanics in the game they're moderating and are willing to jump the gun without proof - this actually has me concerned - do they not even have an accurate method to detect the presence of such hacking programs that might be running?

For them to have suspended him for "speed-hacking" because he was using HO and I was using predation, they must be rather desperate to resolve hacking (sure, I can dig that), but it's the fact that SWTOR always checks our system for other programs that might be run at all times (and the obvious fact that he wasn't using any since they lifted the suspension, apologized and compensated him) which is giving me significant concern as to whether or not these people even fully understand their own game's mechanics for each class/spec and their potential perfomances when combined (or compounded - i.e. multiple characters with a speed boosting ability, as was the case in our situation).

^^ This made me laugh since something similar has happened to me. I'm at least happy that I'm not alone.

I Stopped playing this game in mid April. I didn't Log in again until after 1.3 patch just recently. As I am now getting back into the game, I've being reading forums and relearning some things. A Few days ago i checked my email account I have associated with SWTOR. I only use that email for this game and nothing else so I don't check it often. But in my inbox I see an Email from SWTOR that says My account has been suspended for seven days due to 3rd party software being used... ... I was confused since I was actually logged in the game as i was reading this email. But then i looked at the date of the email.. May 15.... I remember that day specifically because i was enjoying playing my Barbarian on Diablo 3 so much... Then i thought... "...is that what they meant by third party software? Am I not allowed to play other games while my SWTOR sub is active? I knew i should've read those terms and conditions before agreeing to them.... "

After telling a few friends about this, they laughed at my ignorance and then explained it to me. I learned that they meant some kind of cheating software used to hack games. Since I hadn't logged into the game in months I thought this email was sent in error so I replied to them explaining that it must be some mistake... but im still waiting for a response. It's not that big of a deal to me since i wasn't even playing at the time this suspension took place... but it still annoys me that my account was suspended for no reason at all...