Time To Vote For Your Juggernaut Class Representative!

EricMusco

Who should be your Juggernaut Class Representative?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be your Juggernaut Class Representative?

• arkitip
    • ssfish
    • Ant_Venom
    • lMarlfoxl

My vote went to Purerage, and I think there are some very good reasons for this:

-Class balancing is going to go directly towards 2.4 arenas.

-Juggs in PvE are very solid and strong, there aren't actual issues with them. They fulfill their role better than the other two hybrid tank/dps AC's

-Juggs in PvP only one real viable spec and that is the tank tree.

/rant

This is where I started to laugh. I did finish your post, and while I myself pvp exclusively as well, I think people who've actively displayed that they understand the class should be considered. I could pvp all day with my jug, but unless I'm active in the community...

Don't worry bud, your rant will be disregarded and forgotten.

Considering the actual requirements/expectations for the position, skill is not important, while knowledge is. You and your cute little buddies from The Bastion may be skilled, but you have presented a poor showing for their intelligence.

And Op, you've never seen me play, so hollow compliments are not necessary or desired.

Purerage himself has showed great intelligence and upstanding throughout this thread. You yourself are the one who has responded back in snide comments and format. He is a really nice guy, and as far as players on our server go, he's easily one of the best and most helpful to the community. Posting on the forums means that you have some spare time outside of game to burn. Not everyone does.

I don't have to see you play to know that you are good, just looking at the numbers side, you are obviously skilled at the class.

My point is this, both of you are probably equally skilled at your roles in pvp/pve respectively. But PvP is where the game needs to be balanced right now. Not PvE. That should be blatantly obvious, and you need to remember, for a long time I was the top marauder for PvE on our server along with Beastfury. Not just on our server, I was one of the top ones in the game, and I will freely admit that the PvE side of this game at the moment is much more promising and well thought out than the PvP side. A lot of the issues that PvP players will bring up are similar to PvE concepts, so there should be little issue for you or any other PvE'r to at the very least concede one of the 2 slots for a mirror class to a PvP'r.

Ignore Krunchy if you want, he's a really good troll, and it shows because you're rising to it.

I don't appreciate how you responded to me, it was a sincere comment and quite honestly, if you lose its because largely of how you've acted here in this thread. Purerage has not campaigned for himself much at all, others have for him but I'm sure the same can be said of you.

Purerage himself has showed great intelligence and upstanding throughout this thread. You yourself are the one who has responded back in snide comments and format. He is a really nice guy, and as far as players on our server go, he's easily one of the best and most helpful to the community. Posting on the forums means that you have some spare time outside of game to burn. Not everyone does.

I don't have to see you play to know that you are good, just looking at the numbers side, you are obviously skilled at the class.

My point is this, both of you are probably equally skilled at your roles in pvp/pve respectively. But PvP is where the game needs to be balanced right now. Not PvE. That should be blatantly obvious, and you need to remember, for a long time I was the top marauder for PvE on our server along with Beastfury. Not just on our server, I was one of the top ones in the game, and I will freely admit that the PvE side of this game at the moment is much more promising and well thought out than the PvP side. A lot of the issues that PvP players will bring up are similar to PvE concepts, so there should be little issue for you or any other PvE'r to at the very least concede one of the 2 slots for a mirror class to a PvP'r.

Ignore Krunchy if you want, he's a really good troll, and it shows because you're rising to it.

I don't appreciate how you responded to me, it was a sincere comment and quite honestly, if you lose its because largely of how you've acted here in this thread. Purerage has not campaigned for himself much at all, others have for him but I'm sure the same can be said of you.

i know we're trying to keep this discussion civil and all

but lets be real.

"My point is this, both of you are probably equally skilled at your roles in pvp/pve respectively. "

^^^ that sentence is completely false. ssfish is not even close to the level of play that purerage is on.

but trebit, i totally agree with you when you said ssfish makes snide comments.

that's really all he's been doing throughout this thread. people are just stating their opinions, and he keeps quoting them and making passive agressive comments about how he's right and he just keeps arguing. i would hate to see these qualities in a class representative.

purerage on the other hand. i haven't seen him make any rude remarks at all. people have stated their opinions about why ssfish is better etc, and i haven't seen purerage rebuke those remarks once this thread. he actually respects peoples opinions unlike ssfish

I haven't responded to Purerage once. I've been addressing Krunchy. I'm a sarcastic and blunt individual, and my posts reflect that. I make little effort to be courteous to those that don't merit courtesy.

I've heard nothing negative about Purerage; if he ends up ahead at the end, then (as I've said previously) I hope he is capable of collecting and presenting the data effectively. I know that I would do well with it, just as I know Arktip would, because there is enough of a body of work to show that we would. I don't have that same confidence in Purerage, because I don't know him . None of my comments were digs at him, and if they were construed otherwise, then that is unfortunate.

First, the Guardian rep is going to be a PvP-centric player, so this "conceding one of the 2 slots" argument is pointless. Second, the representatives aren't going to be involved in any sort of balancing. And if y'all think they are, or those that are Reps use this as the platform for their pet projects to the detriment of their communities, then this program is doomed to fail.

Quite honestly, if I lose because of how I interact with a troll and a condescending reply to you, then oh well. The numbers trend shows the truth of how and why I was surpassed in the voting, and all I can do is reiterate, again, that if Purerage wins the vote, I hope that he does the job well. His buddy coming around and acting like he has been has, admittedly, soured my faith in that, so I hope to be proved wrong.

The amount of side-taking in this thread is hilarious. When will the Pot5 vs Bastion stuff happen? Those responses are always good.

Does the candidate:

-Understand and have knowledge on all three specs, in PvE and PvP?

-Have more than a pulse so that they can facilitate a good discussion on what to bring up to the combat team?

-If a lack of either of the above, have someone to help them out with it if they're stuck?

Anything past that is fluff and entirely un-needed for the rep spot - and comes off as a wankfest. We may need to do a poll of who is the prettiest, strongest, best, and most popular of each class however, since that has so much interest.

Are you on the bastion? Purerage and lift are both great candidates and people should stop arguing on this thread. Take that to the assassin thread where wakalord isn't getting enough support.

Edited by MarkXXIV