2.4+ DPS Leaderboard

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i Don't know why you are doing that. It is my fault if you can't play a guardian ? Is it my fault if you have the reaction time of a 80 years old person ? No. Im playing my class since 2 years, i know him by heart, doing maybe 2 hours of dummy each days to plays this class like that.

If you want to do that, just kilss thousands and thousands dummies and it will be fine. But don't insinuate that im a cheater because you can't play that class !!:mad:

I did have a closer look on your parse.

Human reaction time is about 0,1 - 0,2 seconds. Your reaction to cancel masterstrike and activate your next ability, is consistently about 100 times faster and you also cancel masterstrike consequently 0,001-0,002 seconds after each last hit.

Canceling Masterstrike and activating your next ability is not working over any ability queue window.

The reaction of most Keyboards is about 10 times slower then your reaction to:

recognize master strike hit

cancel master strike

use new ability

Your reaction when using all your normal other abilitys (out of your combat log) is about 70 ms (which when calculating normal Internet latency + ability Queue window is a very good but also very normal delay).

Consequently that means:

You are 35 times faster in canceling master strike + using a normal ability, then using a normal ability without doing anything else.

Therefore:

Personally i believe you use some kind of programmed hotkeys (a hotkey that cancels masterstrike and uses your next ability at the same time).

There's no other explanation (unless i miss something i am currently completely unaware) that you are able to be 35 times faster to activate your next ability after a masterstrike, then activating your next ability after a non masterstrike.

As far as i know it's not forbidden on these leaderboards to use any programmed hotkeys.

Edited by THoK-Zeus

I did have a closer look on your parse.

Human reaction time is about 0,1 - 0,2 seconds. Your reaction to cancel masterstrike and activate your next ability, is consistently about 100 times faster and you also cancel masterstrike consequently 0,001-0,002 seconds after each last hit.

Canceling Masterstrike and activating your next ability is not working over any ability queue window.

The reaction of most Keyboards is about 10 times slower then your reaction to:

recognize master strike hit

cancel master strike

use new ability

Your reaction when using all your normal other abilitys (out of your combat log) is about 70 ms (which when calculating normal Internet latency + ability Queue window is a very good but also very normal delay).

Consequently that means:

You are 35 times faster in canceling master strike + using a normal ability, then using a normal ability without doing anything else.

Therefore:

Personally i believe you use some kind of programmed hotkeys (a hotkey that cancels masterstrike and uses your next ability at the same time).

There's no other explanation (unless i miss something i am currently completely unaware) that you are able to be 35 times faster to activate your next ability after a masterstrike, then activating your next ability after a non masterstrike.

As far as i know it's not forbidden on these leaderboards to use any programmed hotkeys.

If you look at my worts tries, i always cut MS like that? Im editing bad parse ? Are you serious? You need a live, a video, i need to urinate in a bucket to prove that im not doped ?

You know i think that you must write a movie, it will be better than your skill in game ;).

Hi,

Your assumptions are only true for unexpected events. The timings of the hits of master strike are very predictable once the ability is activated, so you don't have to wait for your brain to register the last hit before reacting to it. You can just practice until the right timing is hardwired in your fingers (accounting for constant internet delay and your keyboard).

Ofc a keyboard macro would be a possibility, and it would be impossible to prove or disprove the use of one without standing near him, but it's not forbidden anyways (and quite sure some people use them to get the sniper jumping roll right every time). It would still have the same issues as a manual activation anyways or perhaps worse (any variation on server delay or on the ability activation would clip the last hit).

As far as the "edited logs" goes, it's easily disprovable : i've seen enough of his parses in real time (grouped with parsec) or parses uploaded a few seconds after his tries, and the results are always consistant.

Hi,

Your assumptions are only true for unexpected events. The timings of the hits of master strike are very predictable once the ability is activated, so you don't have to wait for your brain to register the last hit before reacting to it. You can just practice until the right timing is hardwired in your fingers (accounting for constant internet delay and your keyboard).

Ofc a keyboard macro would be a possibility, and it would be impossible to prove or disprove the use of one without standing near him, but it's not forbidden anyways (and quite sure some people use them to get the sniper jumping roll right every time). It would still have the same issues as a manual activation anyways or perhaps worse (any variation on server delay or on the ability activation would clip the last hit).

As far as the "edited logs" goes, it's easily disprovable : i've seen enough of his parses in real time (grouped with parsec) or parses uploaded a few seconds after his tries, and the results are always consistant.

Sorry, but the first part is not correct.

The difference between 2 gcd (1,5 seconds) is also excactly predictable (as the time when master strike hits the target the third time).

Yet the difference between his delay of his normal gcd is 3500% higher then the delay between his clipped master strike and his next ability.

Therefore (as i said in my previous post), it's very likely that he uses keyboard macros for clipping master strike (as far as i see i don't see any other Explanation for the 3500% difference in delay).

Bioware forbids macros afaik (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=32270&page=2), the leaderboard doesn't.

@uriaces: I never said that you edited your logs.

What i say is, that the delay between your global cooldown to the next global cooldown is on average 3500% higher then your delay between masterstrike and the next global cooldown.

Oh and the skill in game line made me smile :)

Edited by THoK-Zeus

The difference between 2 gcd (1,5 seconds) is also excactly predictable (as the time when master strike hits the target the third time).

Yet the difference between his delay of his normal gcd is 3500% higher then the delay between his clipped master strike and his next ability.

Therefore (as i said in my previous post), it's very likely that he uses keyboard macros for clipping master strike (as far as i see i don't see any other Explanation for the 3500% difference in delay).

Bioware forbids macros afaik (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=32270&page=2), the leaderboard doesn't.

@uriaces: I never said that you edited your logs.

What i say is, that the delay between your global cooldown to the next global cooldown is on average 3500% higher then your delay between masterstrike and the next global cooldown.

Oh and the skill in game line made me smile :)

There is another explanation for this, basically if you mash your keys, you end up with false globals and a bit of delay between ability activations (I can only assume this is because of the ability action queue getting overwritten and trying to process which ability comes first and all that) but if you only hit your keys once, you generally get the ability to activate perfectly. Now when I play my combat sentinel, I generally mash my keys because it is a fast paced spec and I have very little patience for GCD's, but when it comes time to clip MS, I only hit my next ability once because I need MS to stop channeling at exactly 2.7s, so I hit my ability at 2.4s (I am from Australia so the delay is noticeable) and because I have a very good feel for how long each tenth of a second takes, as I have been watching it for the last 2.4 seconds, I am able to clip it perfectly each time. I will go find myself a log of it happening and show you how consistent my clips are. I won't be getting 0.002 seconds, but if I get 0.02s consistently then it makes it plausible that Uriaces is just that quick with reflexes and has a very good connection.

Are you serious ? Anyone here can mash buttons faster than once every 1.5 seconds. The delay reported between non interruptible gcd's won't be the time you pressed the key, but the time the ability queue sent the next command. It has no relevance at all with human reaction time.

You cannot use it as a reference.

Edited by oturak

Regarding clipping master strike: I think there must be a brief window where if you activate your next ability anywhere in that brief window, the last hit is guaranteed to happen, and then your activation happens right after (.003 or so seconds after).

I'm not great at it, but I looked through a random log of mine and I had various clips .1 to .2 seconds after, and then a couple clips exactly .003 seconds after, with nothing in between nor anything where I missed the last hit. If you look at other sentinel/marauder parses, such as the top 5 here, you'll see similar behavior. For example, Macedonicus's 4'22" parse has five clipped .1 to .2 seconds after, one clipped .003 seconds after, and one clipped .003 seconds after a cauterize burn but .1 after master strike (interesting behavior).

I think whoever it is we're discussing has just gotten good at clipping it in the brief window where it makes it activate .003 seconds after. This is then obviously a key skill for vigilance/vengeance.

Edited by cxten

There is another explanation for this, basically if you mash your keys, you end up with false globals and a bit of delay between ability activations (I can only assume this is because of the ability action queue getting overwritten and trying to process which ability comes first and all that) but if you only hit your keys once, you generally get the ability to activate perfectly. Now when I play my combat sentinel, I generally mash my keys because it is a fast paced spec and I have very little patience for GCD's, but when it comes time to clip MS, I only hit my next ability once because I need MS to stop channeling at exactly 2.7s, so I hit my ability at 2.4s (I am from Australia so the delay is noticeable) and because I have a very good feel for how long each tenth of a second takes, as I have been watching it for the last 2.4 seconds, I am able to clip it perfectly each time. I will go find myself a log of it happening and show you how consistent my clips are. I won't be getting 0.002 seconds, but if I get 0.02s consistently then it makes it plausible that Uriaces is just that quick with reflexes and has a very good connection.

Yes, that seems to be the excact reason (tested it).

Are you serious ? Anyone here can mash buttons faster than once every 1.5 seconds. The delay reported between non interruptible gcd's won't be the time you pressed the key, but the time the ability queue sent the next command. It has no relevance at all with human reaction time.

You cannot use it as a reference.

That's the same for clipping master strike (the ability queue works on every ability in the game). I suggest reading the post above you :).

Yes, that seems to be the excact reason (tested it).

That's the same for clipping master strike (the ability queue works on every ability in the game). I suggest reading the post above you :).

I made a 1 Minute video to show you what i am doing with MS. Just cliking on another skill during the cast.... You will see, no programm just 3 sec to click on another skill!

Just for you : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWkxtq5O7qM&feature=youtu.be

Here is the combat log, realy i can't do more? If you can't understand....

http://www.torparse.com/a/578855/1/0/Damage+Dealt

Edited by uriaces

I made a 1 Minute video to show you what i am doing with MS. Just cliking on another skill during the cast.... You will see, no programm just 3 sec to click on another skill!

That is one mightily ugly chest piece bro :p You look like someone from the Roman Empire.

Just kidding ;)

Nice timing.

Edited by Quickglue

Thraxara -Sniper - Marksman - 36/4/6 - 4'29.892s -3717.84

http://www.torparse.com/a/558323/6/0/Overview

AMR: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/59df7fa7-17ed-4d7f-a29e-48beac857d91

Done this on the PTS I think you've already saw it Falver from Paowee's PTS post. The one with completely stupid crit :D

9% crit on orbital strike, better try and get RNG on that too. :p

Looks legit, you've obviously played that class to death because that's beautiful clipping.

Anyway, here's my less than impressive attempt.

Falador - Juggernaut - Vengeance - 4/36/6 - 4'42.899s - 3517.49

Log Link: http://www.torparse.com/a/579011/time/1391617640/1391617922/0/Damage+Dealt

AMR: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/3104f065-3ed6-4837-a5e1-08b68efe1ea5

Find it interesting how Kishekzun has the same number of ravage ticks (although I cut one off) yet his parse in 20s shorter. Going to be difficult to even come close to that...

EDIT: On the Ravage / Master Strike clipping, my first 3 ravages were clipped with 0.002s on ~300ms ping. I can't execute it that well every time like Kishekzun can but it's not too difficult to get it mostly right.

Edited by SamuelAU

Thraxara -Sniper - Marksman - 36/4/6 - 4'29.892s -3717.84

http://www.torparse.com/a/558323/6/0/Overview

AMR: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/59df7fa7-17ed-4d7f-a29e-48beac857d91

Done this on the PTS I think you've already saw it Falver from Paowee's PTS post. The one with completely stupid crit :D

Like I told uriaces, PTS parses don't count, sorry.

@uriaces jesus clockwork clipping

Edited by Falver

@ Zahik

Just made a ~3mn parse to see, by myself, that MS clipping issue.

http://www.torparse.com/a/579001/6/0/Log

17:16:06.843 You hit Mannequin d'entraînement des opérations with Frappe experte for 9 703* énergétiques damage (9 703 threat)

17:16:06.846 You cancel Frappe experte

= 0.003s

17:16:14.151 You hit Mannequin d'entraînement des opérations with Frappe experte for 4 575 énergétiques damage (4 575 threat)

17:16:14.154 You cancel Frappe experte

= 0.003s

17:16:24.971 You hit Mannequin d'entraînement des opérations with Frappe experte for 5 437 énergétiques damage (5 437 threat)

17:16:24.975 You cancel Frappe experte

= 0.004s

17:16:36.879 You hit Mannequin d'entraînement des opérations with Frappe experte for 4 886 énergétiques damage (4 886 threat)

17:16:36.882 You cancel Frappe experte

= 0.003s

17:16:53.522 You hit Mannequin d'entraînement des opérations with Frappe experte for 5 697 énergétiques damage (5 697 threat)

17:16:53.625 You cancel Frappe experte

= 0.103s

17:17:02.563 You hit Mannequin d'entraînement des opérations with Frappe experte for 4 785 énergétiques damage (4 785 threat)

17:17:02.566 You cancel Frappe experte

= 0.003s

17:17:10.083 You hit Mannequin d'entraînement des opérations with Frappe experte for 5 389 énergétiques damage (5 389 threat)

17:17:10.088 You cancel Frappe experte

= 0.005s

17:17:19.190 You hit Mannequin d'entraînement des opérations with Frappe experte for 4 673 énergétiques damage (4 673 threat)

17:17:19.193 You cancel Frappe experte

= 0.003s

17:17:29.760 You hit Mannequin d'entraînement des opérations with Frappe experte for 5 257 énergétiques damage (5 257 threat)

17:17:29.763 You cancel Frappe experte

= 0.003s

17:17:41.881 You hit Mannequin d'entraînement des opérations with Frappe experte for 4 679 énergétiques damage (4 679 threat)

17:17:41.884 You cancel Frappe experte

= 0.003s

17:17:56.853 You hit Mannequin d'entraînement des opérations with Frappe experte for 5 145 énergétiques damage (5 145 threat)

17:17:56.856 You cancel Frappe experte

= 0.003s

17:18:07.488 You hit Mannequin d'entraînement des opérations with Frappe experte for 4 853 énergétiques damage (4 853 threat)

17:18:07.491 You cancel Frappe experte

= 0.003s

17:18:14.805 You hit Mannequin d'entraînement des opérations with Frappe experte for 5 763 énergétiques damage (5 763 threat)

17:18:14.808 You cancel Frappe experte

= 0.003s

17:18:25.377 You hit Mannequin d'entraînement des opérations with Frappe experte for 8 036* énergétiques damage (8 036 threat)

17:18:25.380 You cancel Frappe experte

= 0.003s

17:18:35.865 You hit Mannequin d'entraînement des opérations with Frappe experte for 5 547 énergétiques damage (5 547 threat)

17:18:35.868 You cancel Frappe experte

= 0.003s

17:18:46.602 You hit Mannequin d'entraînement des opérations with Frappe experte for 4 816 énergétiques damage (4 816 threat)

17:18:46.605 You cancel Frappe experte

= 0.003s

17:18:57.244 You hit Mannequin d'entraînement des opérations with Frappe experte for 4 738 énergétiques damage (4 738 threat)

17:18:57.247 You cancel Frappe experte

= 0.003s

17:19:09.160 You hit Mannequin d'entraînement des opérations with Frappe experte for 4 889 énergétiques damage (4 889 threat)

17:19:09.163 You cancel Frappe experte

= 0.003s

Brief summary (I play with ~60ms server lag):

I get:

• 103ms 1 time
  • 5ms 1 time
  • 4ms 1 time
  • 3ms 15 times

I guess the program Kishekzun sold me failed on that damn' 103ms :p( JOKE )

More seriously, try by yourself, clipping MS is not a big issue....

Edited by LongHornTx

Log: http://www.torparse.com/a/578995/time/1391616073/1391616350/0/Damage+Dealt 3616.07

AMR: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/b8755b6a-4694-4930-aa05-fa93d0ec0816

Character: Rosalyn | Class: Sage | Spec: Telekinetics (2/36/8) | TTK: 4' 36.9s

Got a couple more enhancements and at least all 75 armorings. Still missing that amazing crit parse...I'm getting there slowly. =P

@ multiple Posts above me:

As i already wrote before in this thread, Elai'a has a wonderful (and in my opinion) correct explanation. I tested that and I can confirm it (as i already wrote). I didn't know that parsing delay was cpu and not Internet/latency related.

Basically the 3500% difference comes from Uriaces being very good at some parts of his parsing and not so good on other parts of his parsing (as his Video showed :)).

Little side note: Everyone claiming to not be able to parse good because of his Internet Connection is wrong :). That MS clipping is a good prove for that :).

Edited by THoK-Zeus

Gonna be testing each Sniper/Slinger spec for the next week the goal is to see if 3700+ is achievable in each and which is superior. I will be basing the "superior" spec based on avg parse numbers. I believe the flyby nerf hit hard but not hard enough for people to reroll to other classes. IMO 3700+ as max w/ 3650+ avg is good numbers, it makes 150-250 DPS loss we all feel Flyby nerf has brought us down to more like 100-150 DPS loss. Which, I don't know about you, but it makes me feel a little better inside about the whole thing (less violated lol). Anyway here is first day and I will be updating with each spec. At the end of this week I will give a deiailed summary of what I think of each spec.

Day 1 - Full Lethality 5/5/36

Volcom - Sniper - Lethality 5/5/36 - 3724.87 (4:30.301s) - didn't do the math on TTK, this is just Torparse crop

http://www.torparse.com/a/578617/time/1391590191/1391590461/0/Damage+Dealt

Same AMR

Note: Once I got my feet set into the rotation my Avg parses were around 3650+ give or take. Gonna work with this spec a bit more (once this week is up), still playing with rotation but this so far gave me the best avg overall. I think I might be able to squeeze more out of this with maybe a blue adrenal and maybe playing around with abilities, gear/stats etc...

Edited by M_o_s_e_s