Gibberish named guild hacking?

TrixxieTriss

Just had a match with a particular guild on SF with a guild name of gibberish letters like xhdiemskenx

Two of them, a healer and a Mara were using teleport hacks to get away.

Now, I do know that Sorcs can phase walk and Mara’s can camo, but here’s the thing, they were using those abilities to hide what they were doing.

The Mara would stealth out then teleport away. I know, what about predation and blade blitz? Well I’ve never seen a Mara go around a wall, up some stairs and make that much distance in such a short time. It was nearly instant and I had a speed buff on too, so my speed was the same as his.

Next the Sorc? Could it have been phase walk? Probably was a few of the times, but I know when a Sorc drops the phase walk marker it is visible. I saw this Sorc phase walk “teleport” past me to be behind where I was. The area was open and there was no marker because I’d just run over that spot.

The Sorc’s portrait was also bugged, the picture was blank and the only way I could target him was to click. Tab would not work on him.

What stood out was when both of them did it, there was this sort of “the flash” type zoom affect that I’ve never before witnessed except back in the day when people were using teleport hacks. (This was not the dysnc effect we are all use to by now). I didnt see this effect from the other Sorcs or Mara’s in the game.

Now, could I be mistaken, sure I could. I’ve no proof, I’ve got what I saw and my experiences to go on. What I will say is if it is hacking, it was very well done as a way to disguise it. Actually, it’s quite brilliant because anyone that sees it will most likely decide it was camo and phase walk. And anyone like me who brings it will get derided as confusing abilities.

It’s a perfect system and I think only a moderator with access to the raw data would be able to know 100%

What I do suggest though, is if you see this guild, just take a minute to scrutinise how they are playing and what seems to happen if certain abilities are used. I know I will be keeping a close eye on them and if I get a chance, I will try and record to send to the Devs.

Edit: next match with them after doing a system restart and the Sorc still has a borked portrait. They were also accused of hacking that match. Not by me, I stayed quiet so I could watch. But I wasn’t near them enough during the match to see anything untoward.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The Sorc’s portrait was also bugged, the picture was blank and the only way I could target him was to click. Tab would not work on him.

Ohhh is that a hack / exploit of some kind? It happens from time to time, but I thought it was my crap that was bugging out. Color me not surprised.

So now you do find cheating something worth to look into? Is not anymore "ridiculous" to address as an issue wherever and however one can, huh?

Last notable cheat I've seen one day ago, one I've not spotted at all in the last year and a half, was a +++++ capping all Denova 3 points before the door force field opened and the match started.

Second place I'd give to a mara: we were 3 on top of him and he still stood his ground, holding us to cap, and just when he was about to die, he pumped up his hp to full, but this is not so unusual.

In rest only a whole lot of Speedy Gonzales offsprings (although the rodent is not a Disney char, he is always present in Swtor !! + the devs side with the cheaters > I testify for it!), a few almost as fast as the infamous Jazee.

As a side mention, rather lately I've noticed the cheaters do not bother to guard an caped point - only casual players are still guarding...silly folks!!! - from that I understand that beside a speedhack, that allows them to intercept any attempt to steal or conquest, as they do of course, they also use a wallhack that makes even stealthers visible on the whole map... those 2 cheats are very old news, but not guarding at all is not.

= This is a pointless subject, no1 that "matters" will ever do anything significant about it, is a waste of energy imop.

Edited by Marmeladix

Ohhh is that a hack / exploit of some kind? It happens from time to time, but I thought it was my crap that was bugging out. Color me not surprised.

To be honest I’ve no idea what it is. I’ve come across it a few times and even a system reboot won’t remove it from the particular player. The fact that you can’t tab target them makes it even more suspicious.

About the portrait, yes is a new hack > seen a player having the gear of his comp... he changed to that just when the speeder was about to pop > and he never lost health and beat down all > so he did play with his healer comp program on, invisible, but healing him.

About the portrait, yes is a new hack > seen a player having the gear of his comp... he changed to that just when the speeder was about to pop > and he never lost health and beat down all > so he did play with his healer comp program on, invisible, but healing him.

How the heck can you do that in pvp?

Whoa now that is indeed interesting!

I've only ever encountered a handful of actual hackers / exploiters during my time pvping. Seeing as you seem to encounter them constantly might I recommend recording your sessions? It's easy to do and uses up hardly any cpu resources, hopefully that will help bioware catch these dastardly hackers and silence all the people on the forums who just think you have no idea what you're talking about.

I've only ever encountered a handful of actual hackers / exploiters during my time pvping. Seeing as you seem to encounter them constantly might I recommend recording your sessions? It's easy to do and uses up hardly any cpu resources, hopefully that will help bioware catch these dastardly hackers and silence all the people on the forums who just think you have no idea what you're talking about.

Trixxie sees more hackers in this game than every other player combined. Its impressive.

Trixxie sees more hackers in this game than every other player combined. Its impressive.

And if people who go on a quest to make fun of people who report hacks whenever the opportunity arises were non-existent, it would indeed be odd. As things are now, it is impressive she still chooses to keep at it and tune the likes of you out.

And by the way, it happened to me too. I was fighting a sage in the rakghoul tunnel, and he didn't have the phase walk buff, yet he "stealthed out" when he was near death and I couldn't find him again.

I never seen hacks/cheats for years and remained silent for the most part regarding what others always complained about in years past but I have seen 3 hacks in less than two weeks now. Some how people are going through walls that normally block the avatar.

Two of them I seen fell down to the bottom floor in Quesh Huttball taking fall damage before the match started, then were able to grab the ball as soon as it spawned, the last one I just seen yesterday capped a node before the force field went down in Novare Coast. Others seen it before I did, I didn't even know the guy did it till people on my team said, "really bro you got to do that?" Then others commented "hacker" etc. Then, the opposite team was going ballistic in /say claiming to report all of us for hacking. I never could figure out who did it though so I couldn't report him.

These were not mistaken lags, they were actual actions being done outside the realm of the rules for those games. The one grabbing the ball after taking fall damage was lag-zooming heavily; speed hacking to try to score, and after the match he had 1500ish total damage and ZERO heals all the while running the ball to score. That's pretty impossible to do too.

Anyway, I understand people's hesitancy to grant credence to Trixxie's posts about hacking due to how much in the past she and others claimed hacking was a plague on the game, and maybe back then I felt it was hyperbole too because I honestly never seen it myself either, and I PVP I do nothing but PVP myself... But it's happening now.

If you queue regs on SF frequently, I would guess you'd see it now too. Like I said, in less than 2 weeks now i have seen 3 different occasions of this stuff and it's obviously hacks it's nothing but some sort of cheat / hack occurring. it's really obvious stuff, nothing vague about it.

If you're seeing hackers on a regular basis, I'd recommend you do the same thing. With the two of your powers combined I'm sure we'd have a mountain of evidence.

Also, I'm not making fun of anyone, I'm just pointing out how there's a very easy way to gather evidence so that posts like this don't get ridiculed.

Two of them I seen fell down to the bottom floor in Quesh Huttball taking fall damage before the match started, then were able to grab the ball as soon as it spawned

Queshball is a mess of a map, you sure they're not just dropping down as soon as the gates drop?

This is my crew's strat for Queshball...Jugg Tank drops to ground floor from the side of the spawn as soon as gates drop, grabs ball, activates ED, and Mad Dash's to edge where he Intercedes to waiting teammate on edge. My Sorc then pulls him to the endzone. Guaranteed goal in less than ten seconds and in the meantime our two DPS are waiting at mid for the ball respawn.

Queshball is a mess of a map, you sure they're not just dropping down as soon as the gates drop?

This is my crew's strat for Queshball...Jugg Tank drops to ground floor from the side of the spawn as soon as gates drop, grabs ball, activates ED, and Mad Dash's to edge where he Intercedes to waiting teammate on edge. My Sorc then pulls him to the endzone. Guaranteed goal in less than ten seconds and in the meantime our two DPS are waiting at mid for the ball respawn.

Christ... this is why I detest queshball. A pug team has zero chance against that kind of coordination.

OT: I had a sorc that phase walked to his spot while we were waiting for the barrier to come down. This was in an arena. It served no purpose in this case, but "hacks" are certainly active.

If you're seeing hackers on a regular basis, I'd recommend you do the same thing. With the two of your powers combined I'm sure we'd have a mountain of evidence.

Also, I'm not making fun of anyone, I'm just pointing out how there's a very easy way to gather evidence so that posts like this don't get ridiculed.

I seen hacks 3 times in 2 weeks. I don't know if this would be considered "on a regular basis." It is alarming though seeing I never have seen hacks so blatant in over 6 years of playing swtor.

As for joining forces with Trixxie and setting up a virtual dragnet to catch dastardly hackers by creating video footage of their activities; as appealing as that sounds I don't have the tech knowledge to do that. I hate using voice apps and headphones so setting up an app to record game footage isn't going to happen.

I am quite sure when these people are reported en masse by people in the WZs that's all the evidence needed and should render BW to act on protecting their game.

I aint going to fret about it too much because 3 times in 2 weeks isn't going to make me quit but the thing is the more exposure hacking gets by people doing it in the WZs the more others will do it so I am just hoping it is nipped in the bud before it does become an epidemic. They really need to punish the offenders hard.

Nope they clearly drop well before the gates open. I do the same pattern on all my toons when gate opens I drop asap to the first level. By the time we all dropped the guy already had the ball and was out of sight on the first level lag-zooming his way to a fast score.

I am not a silly hack-calling nub, I know exactly what I seen here. These players are circumventing natural game borders moving to spots that the rest of the team are locked behind.

It's not just the fact he got to the floor before anyone else. He clearly took fall damage, I was on my healer so I tried to heal him and he showed as out of range. Dude was not even in the starting area. When the gate popped, people hit the basement only to see the guy lag-zooming to a score. Others called hacks throughout the whole match too. I am not the only one that seen it, both teams were aware of it.

I can understand people poking fun at others that have called hacks for 6 years and counting but you can see my very prolific post history and never have I mentioned hacks, ever.

I know what I see, and so have the other people in the matches that I seen hacks in.

There's a reason why the devs have openly come out recently and addressed fixing hacks and I can only deduce that is because well, it's a reality.

Christ... this is why I detest queshball. A pug team has zero chance against that kind of coordination.

OT: I had a sorc that phase walked to his spot while we were waiting for the barrier to come down. This was in an arena. It served no purpose in this case, but "hacks" are certainly active.

Some pug teams have great players and even if the other side has this coordination if you got a great team you can still beat them regardless of their initial fast score. Still the map is very easy to exploit for fast scores especially if the other team is a bunch of subpar nubs.

I’m not sure this was or wasn’t a hack. It was very subtle and I’m not sure a recording program that lags slightly would highlight it. They all do, even your twitch feed is jerky. Which means unless the recording shows something blatant like what J*Z** does, then it’s probably going to be hard to really pin point. Especially with the dysnc we have now

I’m learning towards it being something not right because I’ve seen the same guys today doing the same thing. Others have commented too.

Like I said, I think the only way Bioware could assess this particular situation would be with a mod running the version that shows what’s happening in the code (yes there is a version like this so they can test things, my old GM use to have a copy for some reason. I know he had a contact on the dev team)

Why I see more than you or other people? Bad luck maybe? I tend to think it’s more the US servers over the EU servers and I also think most of them are Asian players because of the times these usually happen (APAC times). Maybe they are doing it to make up for the 220-300ms lag they probably have. There are also a hell of a lot less people in the queue when I play, so it only takes one cheat on multiple Alts to play at my time and I’ll see what looks like a lot of them. When it’s probably only one a-hole.

I have also offered to send “proof” I’d gathered when reporting to Bioware. I never get a response asking for it. Either because they know they won’t be bothered to do anything or because they don’t need it to check. I stopped bothering to collect it for them because it requires me running recording programs all the time and that is bad for 2 reasons.

One, it’s bad for SSDs and reduces their life.

Two, with my high ping, even the smallest amount of cpu interrupts from any extra programs is enough to kill me in a close fight. I’m sure with less than 100ms I wouldn’t even notice it,

I don’t need people to believe me. I’m also never going to post proof on this forum. If Bioware want proof, they should have asked for it when it was offered or they should send some mods into the game to investigate it.

I’m not the Bioware police, it’s not up to me to do their job of investigating and obtaining proof. Plus, If they don’t really do anything. What’s the point of making the effort if all they are going to do is slap them on the wrist with a 24 hour ban?

When Bioware can be bothered to impliment some deterrent policies to ban hammer cheaters, then I’ll start making more of an effort. In the meantime, I’ll continue to post like this so others know they are around and to look out for it and report if they can be bothered.

I believe I saw a jugg changing his map position on Queshball few days back just before reset on DM. He had this alt-code name. When I said that over pvp channel, he dropped the match. Probably afraid of something? :rolleyes:

I’m not sure this was or wasn’t a hack.

Then by all means, make a flame thread with the guild name in it and label them as hackers. All because you saw something you didn't understand and weren't sure of. Makes perfect since. #MeSeeHackToo movement.

Edited by Wimbleton

Then by all means, make a flame thread with the guild name in it and label them as hackers. All because you saw something you didn't understand and weren't sure of. Makes perfect since. #MeSeeHackToo movement.

For the record, I have seen 3 hacks in 2 weeks and have no problem calling them blatant no-question hacks.

#Iseehackstoo