Update on Ability Delay from Georg

AllisonBerryman

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no! First custom UI news, then this? If it actually gets fixed, what will people complain about then? AA! Oh wait, they fixed that too....gosh darn!!

Except none of those things exist yet. If they are anything like 1.1 Illum fixes there will be plenty for those who are left to keep complaining.

Nice update.

Any chance about also dealing with animations and abilities playing after a casting time is up. For example the healing spells for the sage I believe casts after the channel instead of the heal taking affect exactly when the channel ends.

Also differences between abilities affects between mirrored class, will that be addressed soon?

As I mentioned, we are not stopping to work on this topic. The resolutions mentioned in the blog are some of the improvements you can expect to see very soon.

Work on other items continues and that includes us looking at a number of animation related feedback items and reported issues, ranging from faction balance concerns to responsiveness improvements. Please understand that I won't discuss faction balance concerns as part of this thread to keep the discussion focused on the topic of Ability Delay. That does not mean we are ignoring the topic.

Georg

Except none of those things exist yet. If they are anything like 1.1 Illum fixes there will be plenty for those who are left to keep complaining.

You win some and you lose some. Bioware made a mistake and its been voiced that they have.

Anyone remember when Wintergrasp just gave a buff to the outmatched side and they still got roflstomped most of the time?

Anyone remember when Cata launched and you couldn't win Tol Barad if you were attacking?

So when they changed the honor, it just made people win trade?

Yeah I do

World PvP zones are a tricky thing. You aren't going to get it right the first second or maybe even third time. I did Tol barad maybe 3 times on my DK in WoW. I hated it.

I am rerolling from a 50 Operative to a Scoundrel, love the class and only rerolling cos we need more republics. But I must say that I hate how the smugglers stun works. Why does it has to stop the movement? IA has a big advantage there. They can use their stun and keep running. I thought mirror classes should be the same, not worse then the other.

I'm quite happy to see this! Please, Bioware, try to keep up good relations. SWTOR has plenty of potential to be a stellar game and a solid competitor in the MMO market. Most of the big issues I've complained about personally are being patched up in a fairly timely manner. I hope the game can continue to head in the right direction!

Does the "delay between player input and ability execution" fix includes the ~1,5 sec delay before the start of the supposedly instant mortar volley of the trooper while the same ability for bounty hunter is really instant? Edited by Dreossk

For the LOVE OF GOD when are you going to address the ability animation delay between mirrors?

^This.

Additionally, I wish they were willing to hotfix things and not make the community wait until patch 1.2 for stuff like this.

I'm not saying don't test it, take the time to do so, but you need to put it in the full next patch?

Does the "delay between player input and ability execution" fix includes the ~2,5 sec delay before the start of the supposedly instant mortar volley of the trooper while the same ability for bounty hunter is really instant?

Or the supposedly "instant" Project ability of the Consular?

^This.

Additionally, I wish they were willing to hotfix things and not make the community wait until patch 1.2 for stuff like this.

I'm not saying don't test it, take the time to do so, but you need to put it in the full next patch?

Did it say 1.2? No, I believe it said next update...which eludes to the so far weekly updates.

You changed the Ability Cool down graphics without request from the players. We can no longer tell when our abilities are cooled down. This problem makes the ability delay problem worse. 700+ replies and more then 70 pages including other threads about this topic exits.

Not one BioWare reply yet. Please REVERT The changes. Thank you.

You win some and you lose some. Bioware made a mistake and its been voiced that they have.

Anyone remember when Wintergrasp just gave a buff to the outmatched side and they still got roflstomped most of the time?

Anyone remember when Cata launched and you couldn't win Tol Barad if you were attacking?

So when they changed the honor, it just made people win trade?

Yeah I do

World PvP zones are a tricky thing. You aren't going to get it right the first second or maybe even third time. I did Tol barad maybe 3 times on my DK in WoW. I hated it.

Tol Barad was never as bad as Illum, Hell even old school AV with windriders, shredding machines, and loktar summoned wasnt as bad as illum.

Does the "delay between player input and ability execution" fix includes the ~2,5 sec delay before the start of the supposedly instant mortar volley of the trooper while the same ability for bounty hunter is really instant?

"Working as intended"

Another thing we need, is for an abaility, such as Ravage, to end immediately when someone counters its effects with a skill such as "Unbreakable Will". This causes the user of ravage to be frozen in place while the skill repeats for a few rounds until finished, letting the target run free and whomever else to attack them while Ravage is having its "fit", unable to take any recourse.