New Dyes Added, Then Removed?

Saregon

My guess is Habringer has them because the server crashed and had to be restarted a couple hours ago.

Interesting.. I wonder if this means that every server restart they automatically pop.. or if it's a bug and not intended to be that way. Seems like it would incent players to crash the servers if this is working as intended. :p I'm betting this is unintended on Harbinger since Eric promised to announce before they unlock them again.

Whatever... if you are on Harbinger and you have been jonesing for these dyes.. better grab them before they unlatch them again.

I also see the Corsec Electobaton on the CM on Harbinger too. I did not know it was released yet.. did I miss something?

Oh yes. I saw the Electobaton as well. Hmmm interesting.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need... to... go... home... and... buy... rare... items!!

But if I quit my job, then I can't spend all my pay on Cartel Coins...

Such a dilemma! See what you do to me, Eric??

Everyone, please buy some extra dye and Electrobatons so that when these vanish before I get home, you can sell them to me for millions of credits.

Well they need to correct the unfairness is what needs to happen now.

Apparently they're only on the Harbinger since they can never keep that server running and have to restart it three times a week. But they sure as heck aren't on the Ebon Hawk. My guess is they're only on the Harbinger.

Well they need to correct the unfairness is what needs to happen now.

Apparently they're only on the Harbinger since they can never keep that server running and have to restart it three times a week. But they sure as heck aren't on the Ebon Hawk. My guess is they're only on the Harbinger.

Going to guess this as well seeing that there is no mention on Jedi Covenant.

It wasn't there this morning was it?

I wonder it that sucker is limited sale too. :p

Or did it patch in to all servers today and I just missed it earlier?

No it wasn't there in the morning. So.. I didn't look at the CM before the server crash, but we can assume the reboot did something to change the CM since other servers don't seem to be offering these items. Or... can we?

No it wasn't there in the morning. So.. I didn't look at the CM before the server crash, but we can assume the reboot did something to change the CM since other servers don't seem to be offering these items. Or... can we?

Heh... going to be some ragin' in the forum tomorrow morning.

I'm sure that's exactly what happened.

Maybe they can program item changes in the CM to take affect on the next restart...well Harbinger crashed and was rebooted so it took that as the next maintenance so the items were there when it came up? Who knows...well I know who knows, but apparently they don't care right now.

AND.... B/B dyes selling tonight on Harbinger for less then B/W dyes (which are still random pack only).

We have had exactly two dye sales cycles on Harbinger so far (one on purpose and one from a borked server restart) and B/B are now selling.. multiple listings.. for under 2M credits. Current low list = 1.65M

A few more cycles of sales and these will be pushing down toward 1M credits.

So much for people not buying them from the CM and not reselling them on the GTN. ;)

Social experiment concluded. They growl and they grumble.. but they still buy. :)

Edited by Andryah

Lol! Of course they do and that is why BW sells them to begin with. Oh the outrage! Giving people what they so begrudgingly and maybe secretly will pay for.

Now logging in to check things out. I might buy one for creds. Why not, if the price is right?

Lol! Of course they do and that is why BW sells them to begin with. Oh the outrage! Giving people what they so begrudgingly and maybe secretly will pay for.

Now logging in to check things out. I might buy one for creds. Why not, if the price is right?

Hey.. maybe we should kidnap the hamsters so the server resets.. so everyone can get another shot at the dyes and the CorSec Baton. :D

AND.... B/B dyes selling tonight on Harbinger for less then B/W dyes (which are still random pack only).

We have had exactly two dye sales cycles on Harbinger so far (one on purpose and one from a borked server restart) and B/B are now selling.. multiple listings.. for under 2M credits. Current low list = 1.65M

A few more cycles of sales and these will be pushing down toward 1M credits.

So much for people not buying them from the CM and not reselling them on the GTN. ;)

Social experiment concluded. They growl and they grumble.. but they still buy. :)

I think every person who complains about the price buys 2 or more, and the people who don't complain only buy one:p

Saw W/W selling JM for 900k.

B/B selling for 1.2M

hey folks,

i will take the blame for this one as i forgot to post about the dyes at the end of the week to let everyone know about the limited availability. They will come back to the market at some point, but i have no details on when as of right now.

-eric

lol ultimate troll

• 4 weeks later...
Hey folks,

I just want to add a little bit of clarity and to reiterate what happened with the dyes on the Cartel Market. I know there is some thought that we have some sinister intent here, or that we just pulled the dyes out of reaction to some of the negative reaction around price, the truth is simple, I messed up.

We could have done a better job of messaging around that timeliness in the patch notes and we never actually made any posts following up to that to let folks know it was temporary in the forums. In both cases, the blame falls on me. Although we wont always message everything that changes on the CM all the time (sales, etc.). I will make it a point to make sure we are as crystal clear as possible about new items, or sales around limited time/availability items.

What I can say is that the dyes will be returning the CM in the future (I don't have timing right now) and when they do they will return at the same price you saw them at this past weekend. I will make sure you guys know they are coming when they do return!

Thank you again for your patience and I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion I caused!

-eric

Well to be honest it takes quite a lot for me to get annoyed at the swtor devs, but for the first time I'm annoyed. This isn't messing up. This is negligence. You don't put an item on the market and then just "forget" to mention it's temporary. So how long are we supposed to wait until those dyes come back? Is it like the mythical future in which the best event imho, the rakghoul event will return? Or is it the mythical time when the shipment one cartel packs will return? Or the mythical time when the pets currently only available for f2p will become available for subscribers? :rolleyes:

But they usually tell you if an item has a limited time on its availability.
It was insider trading. They let employee's and insiders buy as many as they could. Than shut it down so those peeps can charge the rest of us a fortune for them a few days later.