Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Sorry but I completely disagree with anyone trying to say that Gav is unplayable because of it's population.

I have a full roster of game activities and usually have to cut things out because I just don't have time to do them. This includes progression ops, dailies, weeklies, RP, world bosses... there's just not enough time to do them all. PvP for me is the thing that gets dropped because it's my least favourite and full of drama. I have alts that I haven't been able to level for months because I just don't get time

So I'm sorry, but I hardly call this situation unplayable. If people are having trouble getting into content then perhaps they need to look at their individual situations rather than blame it on the whole server.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As part of the first Empire teams to bring down HM EC and Nightmare pilgrim, I am not saying this lightly. Where major servers had the population to have teams accomplish these events in days to weeks after release, Gav Daragon didn't get this done for over 6 months after introduction to the game.

THERE IS NOT THE POPULATION TO MAKE THESE ITEMS AVAILABLE TO THE GENERAL PLAYER BASE.

Well even the devs avoid saying these things anymore.

Our internal testing and analysis show everything is perfect. So we are right. 99% of you players need look at your individual situations rather than complain.

Edited by Banegio

As part of the first Empire teams to bring down HM EC and Nightmare pilgrim, I am not saying this lightly. Where major servers had the population to have teams accomplish these events in days to weeks after release, Gav Daragon didn't get this done for over 6 months after introduction to the game.

THERE IS NOT THE POPULATION TO MAKE THESE ITEMS AVAILABLE TO THE GENERAL PLAYER BASE.

You know what, a lot of that is because of the type of people playing here. I like the end game stuff in this game, but I'm not busting my gut to do it. I'm happy trucking along where I am, as are a lot of people.

These challenges are doable, the difference for us is that people might need to work with others to get them done, which is how it would be on most other servers. Not many have full 24 man HM TFB groups ready to roll. My guild is getting close to getting their own Nightmare Pilgrim team ready, but for the meantime we support other guilds who do it.

The problem for us is the gap between the optimised players who can do HM TFB and Ni EC and those still plugging away at SM EC and TFB. The other is that like I said before, not everyone is keen on doing hardcore raiding which is what this content requires. Yes you do have to spend the money and get your gear augmented, yes you do need to have a certain level of gear. A lot of people just aren't up for that.

So whilst it may be harder to get into this content, it is not impossible. Like I said in my last post, if you're having trouble getting into it, perhaps the problem lies with you and not the server?

You know what, a lot of that is because of the type of people playing here. I like the end game stuff in this game, but I'm not busting my gut to do it. I'm happy trucking along where I am, as are a lot of people.

These challenges are doable, the difference for us is that people might need to work with others to get them done, which is how it would be on most other servers. Not many have full 24 man HM TFB groups ready to roll. My guild is getting close to getting their own Nightmare Pilgrim team ready, but for the meantime we support other guilds who do it.

The problem for us is the gap between the optimised players who can do HM TFB and Ni EC and those still plugging away at SM EC and TFB. The other is that like I said before, not everyone is keen on doing hardcore raiding which is what this content requires. Yes you do have to spend the money and get your gear augmented, yes you do need to have a certain level of gear. A lot of people just aren't up for that.

So whilst it may be harder to get into this content, it is not impossible. Like I said in my last post, if you're having trouble getting into it, perhaps the problem lies with you and not the server?

/facepalm

You're a politician aren't you.... Guys we are playing a massively multiplayer game wrong.... Everything's fine...

**** it.... Changing my vote.... I want to transfer to US servers and abandon APAC.

Ailie annoys me too much....

lmao . id say some people dont like change, shes clearly one of them. Im sure if transfers were opened and no merges , shed be the only one left in gav daragon

not everyone is keen on doing hardcore raiding which is what this content requires. Yes you do have to spend the money and get your gear augmented, yes you do need to have a certain level of gear. A lot of people just aren't up for that.

lol, hardcore?

how long has nim ec been released?

at last year, we can down few bosses in the 1st day with a PUG,

but now, average PUG even wipe at sm ops!!!!!!

how is that happen?

because average players are gone,

now only casual players remain, they like swtor's story, but they didn't learn how to pve when they lv up,

and BW don't wanna let endgame gears drop at lowbie hm fps,

that is one of the reasons why 1.7mil subs gone,

because it is neither casual nor hardcore,

but rest ppl who like REPEATED stories still love this game.

lmao . id say some people dont like change, shes clearly one of them. Im sure if transfers were opened and no merges , shed be the only one left in gav daragon

Just to run a 24man on Gav Daragon would need 10% of a factions online population to participate. It's not even about end game raiding... It's about Heroic 4 quests, **** its about Heroic 2 quests. On some planets there aren't even enough there to do that!

But it's okay, we just have to play like Ailie.... and her timetable/schedule... of which the reason she doesn't have time to do everything... IS BECAUSE IT TAKES SO LONG TO FIND ANYONE TO DO ANYTHING WITH.

Soooo I don't post her often because, well let's face it, there is a general opinion and anything said to the contrary is brutally rejected in a childish manner as it's often accompanied with personal insults aimed to belittle anyone who speaks out as I'm sure this post will also receive the same treatment.

It's clearly true we don't have as many players as the US and EU servers, no real surprise there. However, as I hear most of the complaints being "We don't have enough to make 50 pvp pop" I feel pretty safe in assuming people aren't checking what 50's are on. If you did, and I do when people in guild complain about no 50 pvp, which is daily, I see enough people at least on the rep side to have a game of rep v rep, more then enough in fact. This tells me that it's not popping because people aren't q'd, probably because they don't want to PvP. I don't see this as an issue, we're an RP server, if people don't want to PvP it's hardly a reason for a merge. This also extends to PvE, if **** doesn't pop, it's not 'always' and I say always cause we do have dead times, mostly early mornings and early afternoons from what I've seen but I rant. It's not always a lack of numbers, it's people's choice not to PvE or PvP for whatever reason, but it's not a lack of numbers, quite often, especially during peek times for our time zone, there are a lot of 50's and tone of sub 50's online, they simply aren't qing for either.

Anywho, that's what I've seen as someone who up until about two days ago was one from about 10am till 5-6am with a few breaks in between.

I think I've said it before, I feel a merge would give us a pop similar to US servers, but it'd ruin the game for RPers, considering we get griefed for RPing on an RP server I don't see mixing us with PvPers and PvEers helping. That aside, numbers we lack sure, but not enough to make the game unplayable, well at least not for me as I never have trouble getting something going, unless people are in PvP.

I think that's about it, have fun with the slandering and abuse.

Just to run a 24man on Gav Daragon would need 10% of a factions online population to participate. It's not even about end game raiding... It's about Heroic 4 quests, **** its about Heroic 2 quests. On some planets there aren't even enough there to do that!

But it's okay, we just have to play like Ailie.... and her timetable/schedule... of which the reason she doesn't have time to do everything... IS BECAUSE IT TAKES SO LONG TO FIND ANYONE TO DO ANYTHING WITH.

Seriously whatever problem you have with me just get over it. You're only digging yourself an even greater hole by making yourself look like a not so nice person.

Btw, there are people there, perhaps they just don't want to play with you?

It's true I guess, you really only do need 32 people on the server to do everything.

Just have to all arrange to be on at the same time and do the same thing. Or you could have 1000 people and do whatever you want whenever you want to!

People have been making efforts to make the game playable, but when someone goes on holiday, and someone else takes a break, it has a big effect. BECAUSE THE POPULATION IS SO SMALL.

Well, in any case, the majority of the people on APAC are for a server merge. I'm sure transfers will precede/follow, so any sensitive RPers can transfer to a US RP server.

Or you could have 1000 people and do whatever you want whenever you want to!

That's really not quite true, you could have 1000 people on a server and still not get to do anything above what's available on Group Finder. Just go to any populated WoW server and try get into a top end raid. It's tough, because people don't like to take PUGs. Same thing here, which is why a lot of people don't like using the GF.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be great to have more people, it would, but it won't necessarily solve the problems people are having if they don't play along with what the rest of the server is doing. That is, if you want to get into large group content, you need to join a guild that's doing it. It's like this for any MMO.

People wishing to stick to themselves are always going to have issues getting into end game and that's nobody's fault but their own.

That's really not quite true, you could have 1000 people on a server and still not get to do anything above what's available on Group Finder. Just go to any populated WoW server and try get into a top end raid. It's tough, because people don't like to take PUGs. Same thing here, which is why a lot of people don't like using the GF.

Reroll on Harbinger. See how long it takes you to find a random pug OP group or PvP team. Maybe you won't get into a "top end raid", but you will get into one. I'm sure RPers are nice people, but really, some of you seem very out of touch with reality. Populations are fine enough to do the content? You may be right, but that is not the issue. The issue is the quality of our playtime.

Higher populations mean:

1) Higher frequency of interactions and pops, meaning you can spend more time playing rather than looking for people to play with

2) Higher quality of interactions because you can interact with a much wider base of players

3) Higher level of skill, because you're not playing the same 10 people everytime, you learn new things from a wider base of skillsets and abilities

4) A slew of other benefits, e.g., people to help you on out on the fly for minor quests/datacrons, better economy, access to more items on GTN, etc. etc.

The APAC servers are a disaster.

And I can tell you exactly why the situation is the way that it is. Some people at Bioware pitched to their bosses the need for APAC servers. The bosses reluctantly said OK, but it's on you if it fails. Nobody wants to tell the bosses, "hey, we made a mistake here, we need to merger them now." This has nothing to do with "studying the situation" or "the servers are actually doing fine." They're not. Bioware is putting their jobs and livlihood ahead of the desires of the APAC player base. Nothing wrong with that. All we're left to do is deal with it, unsub, or reroll.

By the way, we've been asking for mergers/transfers since July of last year.

Edited by iheartnyc

How are you having trouble on Gav? Trouble with what?

Gav population is pretty good, biggest problem I have is that people just don't use the GF system. That's not because of low pop, that's just people not queueing up and waiting for pre-made groups.

Obviously you never played in a populated server,i have 2 level 50 on Red Eclipse,a European server.

And when i login on Gav Daragon in a prime time between 19:30 to 22:30 p.m i can find a max of 32 people on Repubblic Fleet,then when i login on Red Eclipse at their prime time there are at least 3 instances in the RF

Said so,i'm European but i live in Japan,so for me it would be better to play in an APAC server,but the paradox is that when i login on gav Daragon i'm never able to do easily simple WZ or FP to don't mention OPs.

but if i login on Red Eclipse at 20:00 p.m where i live,which is 12:00 p.m there (11:00 in the UK) i can see over 100 ppl on RF,and FPs WZ and even OPs are easier to do.

So you see? There is something wrong indeed with the 3,APAC servers.

as for me at this point i would prefer to transfer my character from Gav to Red Eclipse,as an alternative a merge would also be good,but to deny that Gav Daragon like in the other 2 APAC/O server things are not so bad as it seems,it's incorrect for sure.

I think the Gav Daragon comunity is really awesome and we always try to help each other,but the good will of a few people can't give us a full experience in game like in the EU/US server.

Edited by Marshal_Ney

Seriously whatever problem you have with me just get over it. You're only digging yourself an even greater hole by making yourself look like a not so nice person.

Playing the "nice person" card on an online forum is ridiculous. In fact, ad hominem attacks on an online forum (especially passive aggressive ones such as your "look like a not so nice person") makes me inclined to think you're kind of an unpleasant person in real life. See what I did there, Ms. Nice Lady?

There's no hole to dig from Ailie. You're delusional. 86% have voted for a merge and I bet 10% want off and to the US servers. And yet you persist with this rubbish that Gav is fine and we're all playing it wrong. I'm a nice guy but I have my reservations about you, each post you seem to look down your nose at the majority of players.

Good for you that you want to RP and pretend to be a Jedi and pretend you are really on Tython. Whatever floats your boat. But it still remains a MMORPG and the game design needs players to work. A majority don't want to play it your way.

Everything is fine for YOU on Gav Daragon not the majority. You are selfish and I'll call you out on it because that IS THE TYPE of person I am.

There's no hole to dig from Ailie. You're delusional. 86% have voted for a merge and I bet 10% want off and to the US servers. And yet you persist with this rubbish that Gav is fine and we're all playing it wrong. I'm a nice guy but I have my reservations about you, each post you seem to look down your nose at the majority of players.

Good for you that you want to RP and pretend to be a Jedi and pretend you are really on Tython. Whatever floats your boat. But it still remains a MMORPG and the game design needs players to work. A majority don't want to play it your way.

Everything is fine for YOU on Gav Daragon not the majority. You are selfish and I'll call you out on it because that IS THE TYPE of person I am.

Just to make clear my vote,i would like to be trensfered to a EU (not us) server:)

Anyway,IF they decide to let us transfer,they should allow us to choose to go to play with the old or new continent.

Edited by Marshal_Ney

Quoting a star trek line i heard on big bang theory, the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few.

People wishing to stick to themselves are always going to have issues getting into end game and that's nobody's fault but their own.

Not entirely their own fault. The game simply makes it too easy to solo. Not only that, it offers a finely crafted and engaging single-player experience and bolts it onto a tired, formulaic themepark MMO framework. You can't really blame players for sticking to themselves when the game's design positively encourages it. And when that rather passive, linear experience reaches its conclusion, you can't just offer up some turgid gear-grind of an endgame and hope they'll hang around because it's Star Wars.

Anyway, this debate is getting tiresome. If the personal attacks continue, the thread will probably be locked. It does seem as though most people who are interested in playing this game long-term are in favour of a merge. I dislike the idea, but I'm not likely to be hanging around for long once I've finished my class stories so my own objections are really of secondary concern. An answer from BW is long overdue and frankly it would be nice to get this issue resolved just so this thread can finally disappear from the first page and give way to more enthralling posts about crop-tops, wookies and server transfers.

Quoting a star trek line i heard on big bang theory, the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few.

Last quoted by Leonard Nimoy as justification to wipe out Earth in favour of restoring Cybertron to it's glory.

Despite that though, I'd still like to get access to a larger population. The thing stopping me from simply abandoning my Gav Daragon character is the Cartel Market items I've bought.

Edited by DuckimusPrime