Sorc or Operative heals

TrumpetNut

Hi there!

I have been wondering which class has better heals? Better meaning:

1. Faster casting

2. Lots of healing abilities

3. Insta cast abilities

also does either have good looking gear for a fem char? I find that most classes don't have anything feminine besides the exposing slave girl junk.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there!

I have been wondering which class has better heals? Better meaning:

1. Faster casting

2. Lots of healing abilities

3. Insta cast abilities

also does either have good looking gear for a fem char? I find that most classes don't have anything feminine besides the exposing slave girl junk.

1- Ops

2- Ops

3- Ops

But- sorcs have a stun bubble until it gets nerfed!

Really though- seriously... ops outclass sorcs (and mercs) on every single aspect, other than sorcs getting a stun on their bubble.

I try to be as helpful as I can without writing novels. That being said - there is simply too many reasons to list why operatives are better. They are both VERY fun to heal with but if you as asking directly about which is a better healer in pvp the answer is operative by a landslide. more CC, more insta casts, better mobility (arguable), free heals on danger-zone allies, more effective pvp aoe healing. stealth, combat stealth, sap.. on.. and on... and on..

Ops you can burn down even a good sorcerer healer while a good ops healer mine as well be called immortal. Better cast times, more insta casts and more powerful heals. Mobility is crazy with them I don't play the class but I do get healed by them and try to dps them down all the time. Ops is just a much better class for straight heals you will miss the pulls and the force speed but you gain other abilities in return.

So are you all mostly stating that sorc cannot nearly compare to a op? I like the force speed and the ally pull on sorc lol but is the difference that much? I still need more opinions though to decide.

I play a scoundrel healer and they are fantastic in pvp....with that said I've seen some pretty impressive sorc healing numbers. I've seen sorcs in voidstar with over 700k healing so they definitely aren't gimped in pvp.

I've done healing with both Sorc/Sage and Scoundrel. It's gonna depend on your playstyle, I prefer Sage/Sorc myself. It just seems to have more power behind the heals, with the scoundrel it feels like all i'm accomplishing. Is delaying the inevitable death. But that's just me, i'll give the scoundrel healing another go at 50.

Meh, in the past I would have said operative but now that I've done a decent number of warzones with my sorc I'm seeing it as the stronger pvp healer. I have both, though, and have done pvp with my operative as well which I still consider very capable.

Operative is like the default answer to this question, though, and I wonder how many people posting in this thread have actually played the class. All of the operatives big heals are cast heals just like sorc and merc, both of whom can actually do mobile insta cast heals (or bubbles) as well. Plus, cloaking screen has a relatively long cd, is fairly easily broken, prevents them from healing at all for the duration, and without the stealth speed buff from the concealment tree they'll have their speed reduced as well.

Loaded question here. The Sorc is neccessary for ranked warzones solely because of the bubble stun... The op is always used as well because they ar less interruptable and more mobile. The bubble stun is going to be nerfed though. Once bubble stun is gone, unless they make changes to sorc healing... there will only be one kind of healer in ranked pvp(Op). So with that I would probably choose operative as it is the safest bet right now. The op has better cc(disregarding bubble stuns) and is filled with hots and instant casts. That being said... the sorc can be incredibly fun to play. The friendly pull is one of the best ways to save a person, and is so useful in huttball(even if pugs pass to me as I am pulling them and dying -.-) The knockback on a sorc is nice, and innervate is just beautiful with resurgance to boost crit. Both classes are good healers, but in my opinion I think your safest bet is the op seeing as a bubble stun nerf is around the corner.

Hope I could help

P.S. I don't look for female clothing.. but I think you could find something pretty in custimizable light or medium armor :)

Operative is like the default answer to this question, though, and I wonder how many people posting in this thread ehave actually played the class. All of the operatives big heals are cast heals just like sorc and merc, both of whom can actually do mobile insta cast heals (or bubbles) as well. Plus, cloaking screen has a relatively long cd, is fairly easily broken, prevents them from healing at all for the duration, and without the stealth speed buff from the concealment tree they'll have their speed reduced as well.

Your cast heals take less time then a sorcs will... you have an instant cast available at anytime you have a tactical advantage...(chiv can't be interrupted:p) and on top of that it can be spammed under 30% on any target. You have hots that are instant cast and your aoe heal(basically another quick hot) is instant cast. Sorcs have bubble with a 17 second lockout, resurgance and the new insta self heal on a 30 second cooldown. Resurgance is weaker than your hots, surgical probe is miles better than our new instant heal and you have sheild probe which is the poor mans bubble. Also you have a real defensive cooldown in diversion...

I play a scoundrel healer and they are fantastic in pvp....with that said I've seen some pretty impressive sorc healing numbers. I've seen sorcs in voidstar with over 700k healing so they definitely aren't gimped in pvp.

yeah, with strategic aoe placement they can pull crazy numbers sometimes, but in general I'd say the circle loses efficiency most of the time since in pvp you have to move if you want to live, meaning you can't stay in the aoe for the full duration, while you receive the full healing from the OP aoe

I play an op healer as main and it's a really good class. The 2 biggest thing i feel lacking in respect to a sorcerer are:

1) Pull

2) Cleanse force effects. In the actual meta cleansing force effects is 10x times better than cleansing tech. One good sorc will just shut down any number of derpsmashers.

I have both classes and play as healer for both. Op wins hands down.

• More mobility
  • Def CDs
  • Minimal cast times
  • Stealth
  • Emergency Heals

Only thing sorc has thats better is bubble stun, force speed and extricate (situationally fun but not directly useful in most PvP).

I am levelling an operative healer atm and its great with the mobility, only lvl 31 but its still a lot of fun. At 50 I have played a sage which was nice, but I am now dps on it since I pvp on my tropper also which is useless in any other role than heals so its nice to have a dps class for pvp. Bubble stun is a great utility, but I think that the operatives ability to escape is great, plus the healing animations are fairly cool :D, and the CC is fairly good, makes dealing with lolsmashers a lot easier. With healing PVP I wish that they would make the unit frames more customizable since its hard to see with a glance who has HoTs and how long is left on them (unless I am missing something)

I am levelling an operative healer atm and its great with the mobility, only lvl 31 but its still a lot of fun. At 50 I have played a sage which was nice, but I am now dps on it since I pvp on my tropper also which is useless in any other role than heals so its nice to have a dps class for pvp. Bubble stun is a great utility, but I think that the operatives ability to escape is great, plus the healing animations are fairly cool :D, and the CC is fairly good, makes dealing with lolsmashers a lot easier. With healing PVP I wish that they would make the unit frames more customizable since its hard to see with a glance who has HoTs and how long is left on them (unless I am missing something)

No, it's actually hard to track buff/debuffs at the present moment.

The only reason sorcerer healers are useful in comparison to operatives at the moment is the stun-bubble to take care of the bad lol-smashers. The good lol-smashers will still hurt, but with stun-bubble on the field it takes considerably more skill to deal significant damage.

Smash has to be significantly tuned down before the stun-bubble can be removed or nerfed from the sorcerers repitoire. If it isn't the bad lol-smashers are going to be running rampantly free.

Just my 2 cents. Having played both (although not very much the scoundrel) I would also say scoundrels are better for heals, but in my opinion only slightly especially at the moment with sages bubble stuns. I didn't see anyone mentioning that the instant bubble armor is also always a 4-5k damage prevention and together with rejuvanate and healing trance are in my opinion the best emergency heals. Also in my opinion a hybrid sage has better resource management. Sages might also be slightly easier to play without much experience as you don't have really to keep track of anything, unlike scoundrels that have to make sure they have 1 upper hand buff for healing bonus, although I think it becomes like second nature for experienced scoundrel healers. In terms of survivability scoundrel healers I think are better than sages as they have nice defences, cc, drop attention and the instant 2xstack hot helps quite a bit in these situations. And as others mentioned 1 of each is nicer. Edited by MusicRider

ranked teams needs both healers, 1 op, 1 sorc for utilities and each can dispell different dots...

both classes can heal more than 1 mil. and over 1000 hps...

and both classes can respec for dps if needed ...

play what youlike or lvl up both and choose one what your team is short ....

when 2-3 ppl focus healer, doesnt matter if sorc or op and guarded, he is dead soon