Hardmode Denova Last Boss - Bug?

Umm..

It's not broke guys. We got it just fine. You just have to get out of the purple stuff now, wheras before you didn't.

Bioware stop investigating. =p

http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/250136/unkillable.jpg

It is killable but, on 8man at least, but it keeps hitting you outside the purple. Check out our stream on mmomechanics channel (http://www.twitch.tv/mmomechanics) from tonight to see the bug and our 8 man kill from tonight.

And before on 8 man you had to get out of the purple. Only 16 man was bugged before. Now only 8 man is bugged from what I am reading (havent tried 16 man since patch).

Edited by LessQQMorePewPew

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE ran into 30 k hits while not in circles on 8m hm last night then we decided to clear normal real fast for black hole comms and sure enough an hour later we had 26 k hits on our first pull of normal we said screw it we will come back. Awesome patch for this boss btw! Way to let us bang our heads against a wall.

Hey folks, I just wanted to update this thread with the latest info. Our designers are still investigating but they're hopeful that they'll find a solution to this fairly soon. However, it may take a bit of time for the fix to be patched in. I will keep you all posted. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. Edited by JovethGonzalez

Hey folks, I just wanted to update this thread with the latest info. Our designers are still investigating but they're hopeful that they'll find a solution to this fairly soon. However, it may take a bit of time for the fix to be patched in. I will keep you all posted. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

"May take some time for the fix to be patched in." So you're telling everyone who raids the operation in 8 man difficulty that yes it's broken, but we are not going to hotfix it anytime soon. Good job Bioware.

We have managed to kill the boss now even with the bug.

This is what we did: People who could not survive the running out, now stand out of line of sight of the boss inside a sniper shield and just try and heal up while using every single possible cooldown. Here is a short clip from my stream maybe it helps someone. http://www.twitch.tv/calebbb/b/316256307

Hopefully the unscheduled maintenance will fix this bug.

Same here, we managed to kill the Boss despite the bug. Lots of planning went into how to survive the phase, and we managed to get it down. Everyone switched to +Stam Stims before the phase, popping cooldowns after he pulls you in, etc.

Quick video clip from just this phase:

http://youtu.be/yVw76e87AL8

Edited by xfosehbk

Just to add some more clarification to the issue, the AOE range of the damage spell is larger than the graphics it puts down on the floor by a good bit. Not sure if it's a bug or intentional.

Like with "almost" every aoe in this game.

But I have seen videos from this mechanic and I dont think its intentional.

I mean lets say the circe has a diameter of 10 metres and you get damage if you stand 20m away then something is terrible wrong.

It's not the purple aoe. I was fine in the aoe, yes i took damage but i got out just fine. Its his cleave aoe that's hitting our tanks and raiders for 25-30k when he gets the empowerment of the masters buff. It even hits people standing behind him, not too sure if this is what everyone else is experiencing. Unless the aoe is bugged and the purple aoe damage is hitting outside of it's intended radius.

It's not the purple aoe. I was fine in the aoe, yes i took damage but i got out just fine. Its his cleave aoe that's hitting our tanks and raiders for 25-30k when he gets the empowerment of the masters buff. It even hits people standing behind him, not too sure if this is what everyone else is experiencing. Unless the aoe is bugged and the purple aoe damage is hitting outside of it's intended radius.

If anyone is getting hit by that cleave, other than your tank, he's doing it wrong and needs to be replaced.

He puts a debuff on one tank to drop purple circles, if he hits that tank, it hits for about 25k dmg. You have to tank swap so the tank that doesnt have the debuff is always on the boss. If anyone else is getting hit by cleave, they need to be replaced.

He puts a debuff on one tank to drop purple circles, if he hits that tank, it hits for about 25k dmg. You have to tank swap so the tank that doesnt have the debuff is always on the boss. If anyone else is getting hit by cleave, they need to be replaced.

Thanks Saviorr, I should have thought before i posted that. Our raiders were dying after the Tank died, the other tank wouldn't pick aggro fast enough before the next highest dps threat received the debuff.