1.1.2 PvP bag changes.

ReRuined

Well now that I have about 1/3 Champion Gear and rest Centurion, along with about 6 duplicates that I can't really do anything about but stare at.

Remove the mod and enhancement and put it in your centurion gear. You've just closed the gap from about a 5% stat difference to a 2% stat difference.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yall mighta missed something. Here let me spell it out for you:

Your rage information:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=260938

Items

General

Rakata weapons are now correctly rating 140 and are fitted with mark 25 modifications. These items were previously less powerful than intended.

The number of commendations in Champion and Battlemaster Bags has been greatly increased, and the direct item trade tokens appear less frequently in Champion Bags. This change allows players to obtain PvP gear at a steady and significantly more predictable rate with an occasional bonus.

The information you evidently missed:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=260731

It is our intention to gradually, over multiple patches, reduce the impact of situational consumables on endgame combat resolution and shift the factors which determine the outcome of combat more towards personal skill. As part of this effort, specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high.

And a few more goodies for good measure:

On a more general note about crafting, our changes to make BioChem consumables freely tradeable are just a small first step as part of a larger scale effort to extend our crafting gameplay, for all professions, into the endgame.

Major changes are currently on schedule for the next major content patch, such as extractable basemods (armoring, barrel, etc.) from purple items, critical crafting successes on orange outfits, more bind-on-equip schematic drops for artifice and other professions, increased relevance of augments, better reverse engineering chance, and other improvements. We want to create significant incentive for players to engage in the crafting economy – as provider of goods or supplier - without requiring players to take up a specific profession as a ticket into endgame.

Ya, ya I know March seems far away. But hang in there :). Maybe roll an alt or two for pressure release when high end gets frustrating. I find myself effective with all characters in 1-49 PVP with blue gear and I roll alot of alts.

Yeah.. an insurmountable 7% stat difference is just crushing.

totally, totally crushing

7%

Yep. People will ***** about anything.

The difference between Battlemaster gear and Centurion is more than 7%. 7% to 10% is about the difference between Champion and Battlemaster. If they go through with this change, it will mean people will be stuck in Centurion/no PvP gear a lot longer than they are now and there are already plenty of valor 60 people running around. It will basically be creating a bigger barrier to entry for PvP than already exists and that's not a good thing.

I would go so far as to say that if this change is implemented as is, anyone that is serious about pvping at level 50 should shun pve entirely when leveling a character because the only way you're not going to be a target dummy forever is if you're valor 60 or close to it when you hit character level 50. That would be a pretty dull way to play the game.

This random crap is obviously the brainchild of someone high up the food chain because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that it's a piss poor idea. I'm relatively certain that if it wasn't someone high up's 'baby', they would have scrapped it already.

and enemy expertise offsets it. Your 7% damage reduction.

And that's not 7% expertise, son. That's 7% STAT DIFFERENCE.

so, if Full BM gave 1000 expertise (it does not, but its a nice round number), the alternative gives 930.

Try to keep up.

At the actual stat values we're talking about, its a lot smaller than that... as little as 2-3 to each main stat, 1 or 2 of a rating. Thats all.

Your numbers are so wrong its laughable.

I think you need to relearn, then maybe you'll keep up.

Ya, ya I know March seems far away. But hang in there :). Maybe roll an alt or two for pressure release when high end gets frustrating. I find myself effective with all characters in 1-49 PVP with blue gear and I roll alot of alts.

Level 10-49 pvp is a totally different animal than level 50 pvp. Hell, I did 6 or 7 warzones tonight on my level 20 gunslinger and I was top damage on my team in all of them but 2 I think. In other words, gear doesn't matter so much.

At level 50 gear matters quite a bit because there is no Bolster buff to even things out. If you went against me in a level 50 warzone in your level 49 blues, I'm pretty sure you'd last less than 10 seconds. You'd have far fewer hit points and have no added damage resistance while I have about 6% added damage on top of having much higher stats (to deal damage) to begin with.

By March, Tera/D3/GW2 will be either out or in beta. I see little reason to continue playing at that point. These changes show Bioware doesn't understand they game they built or what PvPers want. I don't care if it takes longer to get PvP gear. I just want control over my progression.

The difference between Battlemaster gear and Centurion is more than 7%. 7% to 10% is about the difference between Champion and Battlemaster. If they go through with this change, it will mean people will be stuck in Centurion/no PvP gear a lot longer than they are now and there are already plenty of valor 60 people running around. It will basically be creating a bigger barrier to entry for PvP than already exists and that's not a good thing.

I would go so far as to say that if this change is implemented as is, anyone that is serious about pvping at level 50 should shun pve entirely when leveling a character because the only way you're not going to be a target dummy forever is if you're valor 60 or close to it when you hit character level 50. That would be a pretty dull way to play the game.

This random crap is obviously the brainchild of someone high up the food chain because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that it's a piss poor idea. I'm relatively certain that if it wasn't someone high up's 'baby', they would have scrapped it already.

you are awful at math if you think there is a 10% difference between BM and Champ.

(Field Tech - Sniper Gear)

Champ

87 cunning

101 endurance

46 expertise

29 crit

48 surge

BM

81 cunning

100 endurance

50 expertise

57 power

51 accuracy

+4 expertise (about 7% gain here, but DR makes it almost utterly irrelevant)

6 cunning loss

1 endurance loss

the surge and accuracy are relatively interchangeable - likelyhood though, is youll be yanking that accuracy enhancement to repalce it with crit/surge

crit v power - depends entirely on spec. Again, for most specs, the crit is more necessary.

That's not a 10% stat difference. It's barely 3%, all told, and is actually WORSE for some specs of sniper.

If you total it up over the entire set.. you gain about 60 expertise (not even .5% because of DR) gain maybe 30 endurance, and trade a lot of crit for a lot of power, something youll probably yank and replace.

It's not a big upgrade.

Edited by Noctournys
wouldnt space out stats

What is this, I don't even?!

Why are you doing this Bioware? This change means that people who already have Champion/Battlemaster gear will keep it, while people who don't have the gear yet will have it MUCH harder to get.

The rich get richer, the poor poorer? Is this your idea of pvp loot?

Just remove all the crappy random drops in bag.. and thats it.

make Centurion gear rank 40 valor required

Champion - rank 50 valor required

Battlemaster - rank 60 valor required

Put all bags to vendors - so they can be buyed for 200/200 warzone / mercenary comendations

Centurion bag - will give you always 5 centurion commendation

Champion - provide champions commendations

Battlemaster = provide battlemaster commendations.

Adjust daily / weekly quests to reward players with proper bags of their level (aka centurion / champion / battlemaster). Hell, who need champs bags on lvl 60? i have all my companions in champion gear.. i dont need them - i need battlemaster bags..

That way.. players will be easily geared based on their rank and therefore PVP progression - futermore maybe ranks should be "more" to add you special skills or special advantage but dont forger balance..

Do away with Centurian altogether!!! At this stage it's useless to us.

Or make it easier to get for newly christened 50's... You know how many Centurion geared 50's I see running around? None, because you buy your companions gear with the Centurion commendations with how easy it is to get Champion gear.

Battlemaster gear is a *********** joke anyway, IN MOST CASES ITS A *********** DOWNGRADE to champion, due random secondary stats, i really doubt those guys did put any thought into it..........

BM feels like t2.1 at best.

but yea sure gimme more champ ****, i alrdy got both sets for my main and also both *********** sets for my pet , i need more. really do.

Edited by VictimOfMyRage

WORST. CHANGE. EVER.

Centurion gear is crap, pve items are usually better because of the stats. Champion is where it starts, and now Bioware is saying:

If you already have full champion/bm gear, good for your powerlevel/exploiter!

If you don't have champion/bm gear, tough luck, it will only get harder to obtain in the next patch.

So early powerlevelers/exploiters - or simply all those who had the chance to play at level 50 before the brackets and therefore farm lowbies for champion gear - can have their easily obtained champion/bm gear and all the others, regular players and latecomers now have to GRIND SO MUCH HARDER AND LONGER for the same gear?

Bullshlt!

The way I see it is that the purpose of the bags is for tokens, with the bonus chance of getting a loot token. I'm not a huge fan of the completely random chances of a bonus item, but then again it's a bonus item after all.

I'll support anything to keep the progression pace slow. If I was fully geared by now, I would have quit the game already.

The way I see it is that the purpose of the bags is for tokens, with the bonus chance of getting a loot token. I'm not a huge fan of the completely random chances of a bonus item, but then again it's a bonus item after all.

I'll support anything to keep the progression pace slow. If I was fully geared by now, I would have quit the game already.

If they made this change 1 day after the headstart, sure, no problem. But making this change now that a lot of powerlevelers / grinders already have a lot of champion/bm gear? That's ridiculous and makes the gear gap EVEN BIGGER than it is now - and it's already quite huge.

The ONLY change that would be needed right now is reintroduce the blue pvp entry level set.

Edited by AetherMcLoud

The problem with this is they are going to create a significant gear gap that won't be balanced out for months. This is change that would work within the first few weeks of release, but not nearly 2 months in.

Cant wait to get more item duplicates once every millionth bag now.

That sure makes me a happy man, i would have been okay with it had they changed the specific item tokens to champion commendations so we can get whatever item we want at least.