Legacy system extending across servers?

quietwhisper

Ok, I was in the prerelease crowd and Immediatley started both an empire and republic character on separate servers within the first couple days, I did this because back then the servers were full half the time and I wanted to be able to switch back and forth.

Several weeks later both my characters are in their 30's (I don't play every day) and I'm hearing about the legacy system which affects all your future characters on the same server. The Issue I have is that both the servers my characters are on have a large population of late game players. When I eventually get around to making a new character I'll probably want to start them on a newer server that

1: Has a lower population

2: Has a lower level average so I'm not in a battleground as a level 12 against a field of 40's and 50's.

3: Have more group opportunities at lower levels.

The problem is the legacy system wont help any new characters if I make them on another server. Will it be possible at all in the future to transfer your legacy to characters on other servers? Otherwise it sort of forces people to build all their characters on the same server. There is also the part that if you started out on a PvE or PVP server and want to switch types, you wouldn't be able to do that without losing your legacy either.

Probably not, no. One of the main functions of the Legacy system is to encourage players to stick to a particular server. This makes it easier for BioWare to control server balance and populations in the future. So even if they do allow character transfers in the future, i would not imagine that Legacy transfers will be allowed. But those are very much long-term issues that are probably not going to be addressed in the next few months.