Twinking

OpeningToEndgame

Umm, I don't think it's that difficult to figure out. Why would you want to though other than for some lutz at stomping newbies? I would think even that would get boring fast, no?

Anyway, I would go with as many level 49 purple mods/armorings/barrels as you can get your hands on, 7 of the highest level pvp weapons x900 comms each (what a waste of comms IMO) for the expertise enhancements and 2 +41 expertise crystals from the cartel market. Probably augment everything with purples as well.

I almost didn't even want to encourage you but, meh, most of my toons that I want to play are all 50's now so it's matters less to me at this point. :p

Oh and, if you're new to the operative in general, you want all 'skill' mods and such not the 'patron' one's. More cunning, less endurance.

Edited by Ridickilis

this post just screams "I have a newly PL'ed 50 that ive never legitimately played"

this guy is new (like some of us(like me)) so give him some help ... i had to figure all this gear stuff myself with little help so it would be nice to help him out

I want to do it now, but I thought I'd wait for 49. I need a guide for doing my Operative. Not a healer. I have my gear set up for augments. I just need to know what to put in. This is an alt of mine. All tips welcome. No trolling. I am new to this. :)

Once you hit 41 (assuming your concealment) and get acid blade, stop taking any quests, pve or the daily pvp ones (so you stay in lowbie longer). Buy or make all purple armorings/mods/enchants/barrels for all pieces of your armor (which should be all orange by now). Always get the armor with higher cunning and the mod that has power (you could go with some crit in lowbies, but i prefer power until 50, then i really beginning to min/max stats). Buy 2 cartel crystals. if you are planning on going to 50, get power +41 ones. Always buy the highest 2-hour blue cunning stim you can use and run it all the time. throw in mk-6 augments in each piece of armor and always use power augments.

With the changes to expertise and bolster in 2.0, stacking power may not be the best course, but on live it usually is the best bet to get ~30% crit (which your armorings/mods from cunning should get you close already) and rest power. Expertise cystals may be best in 2.0, not sure on that yet.

If you do plan on going to 50, trade in comms to get max ranked comms, then spend only on medpacks. When you ding 50, you should have max ranked and normal comms to get all your WH gear, and some good EWH gears.

Then pvp exclusively. As you get closer to 50, a true twink has to make a decision. Either you eventually ding 50, or you start leaving WZs right before it ends to not get any experience so you do not level to fast. That is the practice that really gets people (me included) ticked off about twinks, and it is a crappy move but effective for not lvling to 50.. I would advise against this though, as is such a douche move. not taking quests will keep you in pre-50 range long enough..

Personally though, it gets really boring. I did the twink thing once on my OP. Its so overpowered 41-49. At first your all giggling how easy you dominate, then it gets boring, and then after awhile it just feels like an exploit and you'll either park the toon or just go to 50, and realize the OP aint all that great when played that way with that false sense of OP. With my other toons, I actually prefer to just pvp (i still dont take the quests though) and keep my toon severely undergeared and only upgrade my armorings/gear every 7-9 levls, and barrels every 2-4 lvls. It really helps learn how to survive and play better when your gear is so crappy. Then when i hit 50, i min/max to the hilt and realize i am really much better in 50's pvp for having to learn how to kite/survive with crappy gear in the lowbies..

Then prepare to flex your muscle as you terrorize all the lowbies in pre-50 WZs, instantly feeling better about yourself and thinking your a pvp god...

Edited by mulzii