Companions 101: Mako

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see Corso Riggs. Or perhaps Bowdaar, but Bowdaar maybe isn't that exciting.

"You saved my life, so now I, the walking carpet rug, will follow you and protect you for eternity."

He's a very straight-forward wookie, so I vote for Corso.

Quinn sucks, you can keep ignoring him all you want. I wish I would have been able to kill him off.

This.

I chose all the options it gave me for treating him badly at that moment which I think was to hold him in the air and choke the crap out of him. They should have allowed me to leave a scar on him as a reminder of how you do not cross the Emperors Wrath, even if I didn't hold that title yet. But he still crossed a Sith Lord and should have to pay. I'm really waiting for some nice pink gear to put on him since he is my *mitch*!

From experience with the games' combat system with its companion system, if you are not a healer, this companion will make leveling and dailies vastly more easier to do, which tends to be a bad thing, especially if you didn't like the companion at all, luckily i do.

I would have preferred they made the companions not make an impact on combat difficulty at all, that way you could use any companion without feeling like you shafted yourself in a survivability point of view.

Overall, Mako is enjoyable to have around while leveling, she agrees with my stand point on mostly lightside, profit motive and revenge on a specific person, otherwise, i would have to skip the bounty hunter as a viable class to play, because i am not a fan of healing or tanking, which means, its use this companion or have more issues then you should have.

Wooo wooo wooo! are you asking for companions to be like the pets and just be vanity items? Here's a companion that does nothing for you but just follows you around looking silly?

Or are you asking for all companions to be able to do everything and you just pick the attributes you want?

like you could turn theran into a tank? or maybe make bowdar a healer?

and as for Mako, with BH being the only class to get their heler companion right of the bat basically makes the lvling experience so much easier. I would actually suggest going BH to a new player to the game/mmo's just because having mako by your side will definately make learning the game less frustrating because you won't die nearly as much lol.

My favorite bit of "comedy" with mako

was when we got the holo to go to quesh to be the new advertising star for this great company lol, that was classic with mako along :p

I will say Mako is one companion who really grew on me. While I’m certain she rolls her eyes after our conversations and when hanging out with her girlfriends at the cantina, tells them that she’s really the brains of the outfit, I have come to consider her an equal partner in our enterprise. During the story, she showed more guts than I gave her credit for came through it with a sense of honor and humor intact.

The moment Darth Tormen force choked Mako, he sealed his fate. In my mind attacking her is exactly the same as attacking me. No amount of credits would’ve saved his life.

And if Torian breaks her heart, I’m gonna shoot him in the kneecaps.

On a side note, Mako’s cameo in the Consular story was one my favorite moments in the game. I really hope we see more crossovers like this in the future.

Edited by Galandro

My favourite Mako quote is from a companion story dialogue with Gault.

I was already married to Mako, and Gault started telling me about his old friend Hylo.

Gault: ... (lots of stuff about Hylo's escapades, mostly motivated by bucket-loads of credits)..

Me: Is she single?

Mako (shouts from somewhere else on the ship): I heard that!

I was already married to Mako, and Gault started telling me about his old friend Hylo.

Gault: ... (lots of stuff about Hylo's escapades, mostly motivated by bucket-loads of credits)..

I almost did a spit-take at that (my surround sound made it seem like she was right behind me).

I really enjoy Mako. Like, enough that I wish I could swap Kaliyo for her as my Imperial Agent's first companion. Mako just seems more appropriate personality wise: pragmatic, professional, but still caring and a bit young.

Plus, from what I've seen, she looks sweet in Imperial uniform.

Also, my own bounty hunter makes great use of her too, meanwhile Gault sucks.

Ha! I'm going to go finish my conversations with Gault! Great stuff.

I loved Mako. My favorite parts and dialogue are related to her story and how it evolves. Most especially, the conversations with "other" family (ambiguity intended to avoid spoilers).

I really enjoy Mako. Like, enough that I wish I could swap Kaliyo for her as my Imperial Agent's first companion. Mako just seems more appropriate personality wise: pragmatic, professional, but still caring and a bit young.

Plus, from what I've seen, she looks sweet in Imperial uniform.

Heh, I'm quite certain Mako would've gotten along much better with my Smuggler than my Bounty Hunter.

Also, my own bounty hunter makes great use of her too, meanwhile Gault sucks.

Gault is awesome. He has some absolutely hilarious lines and is one of my favorite of all the companions.

Gault: "If you want me to steal your ship and run away just lie still and don't move!"

If we're talking sucking, then that one is easy: Skadge. Skadge is the one who sucks. I stopped giving him gifts just so I wouldn't have to hear his sleazy reaction.

If we're talking sucking, then that one is easy: Skadge. Skadge is the one who sucks. I stopped giving him gifts just so I wouldn't have to hear his sleazy reaction.

I got -2092 affection from Skadge in a single conversation. Good day, but I was a bit disappointed to see A) He was still on my ship and B) The affection only goes down to -1k

Skadge needs to find out what makes a sun a star :) Up close and personal. Without a space suit.

I got -2092 affection from Skadge in a single conversation. Good day, but I was a bit disappointed to see A) He was still on my ship and B) The affection only goes down to -1k

I think I know what conversation that was!

The conversation with the Supreme Chancellor at the end of Chapter 3, right?

My Mako story: With my Powertech, I decided early on that I would eschew the Jedi and Sith philosophies implied by the game's alignment system and have my BH be enough of an outsider to have his own code. He would always follow the letter of the contracts he accepted. Whether he was on a manhunt or a rescue mission, once he had accepted the job, he would turn down offers to betray the employer.

It was in this spirit that I collected a bounty on a Republic scientist on Hutta, one which Mako had brought to my attention, instead of letting her go when she made puppy dog eyes at me. That got Mako to tell me, before we were even finished adventuring in Fa'athra's Palace, that she found me "disgusting" and that I wasn't "who she thought I was."

The contempt very quickly became mutual, as her reactions to my behavior framed her in turn, in my mind, as a mere Bounty Hunter fan, a poseur who wanted the paychecks that came with running on a crew but who didn't have the stomach for the field work. I was relieved when I finally got the ranged DPS companion and could reassign Mako to shipboard Slicing missions that better suited her. When she and Torian hooked up, I didn't care.

Edited by Allegos

When was that ? I only remember Vette.

Or was that "lost in translation", too ? You know, since the CM's for the German forum don't exist anymore, these things often slip through.

Edit : I just noticed a blog entry mention Aric as well. Never noticed. Weird.

To me, Vette was number 1 in this series, and Mako number 2.

But, I play only since last November.

Edit : I'm still angry, by the way, that my Twi'lek Smuggler didn't get Vette. They would have formed an ideal partnership, imho. Instead he must try to get himself accustomed to Risha, which I - as a player - don't like at all (despite her excellent background story).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I would love if you guys did Doc or Nadia as the next Republic companions their some of my favorites.You guys already did a trooper and a knight companion so Nadia would be awesome but, no matter what you do all the companions are awesome cause you guys do such amazing work.

:ph_thank_you:

:D I find Mako to soft for the way I wanted to play my hunter and trying to go dark side I lost more rep with her then I wanted to so I had to start picking light side just to keeper happy. I spent a lot of crids on the buying gifts to win back the rep i lost trying to be dark side. I like to see Elara Dorne next. Or some time cause I know you did Aric Jorgan not to long ago .:D

I am just waiting for Malavai Quinn lol.

I didn't get too far into my bounty hunter's story so I don't really know yet what my favourite moment is.

Also my BH is female so I'll never get the romance story with her, lol not that it bothers me.

One of the previous posters mentioned that she liked Mako and running with her like a women only team, I find that I like that, too!

As for the Republic, I really hope the next companion is Lord Scourge, god that'd be awesome. I'd love to learn more about him. I'm the kind of fan-fiction author who will relentlessly search for as much cannon information as possible about characters I write about, haha xD so I'd really like to learn heaps about him.

But as I said I'm really just (eagerly) awaiting Malavai Quinn's post. I'm going to squeal when it comes up. Hehehe. I specifically want to know more about what he thinks of the Republic and why he is so anti-Republican, and:

the real reason he decided to betray the Warrior ... it gets me every damn time, why would he betray the Warrior when he knows they're working for the Emperor himself? And not just that, but agree to the terms of the man who is actively trying to overthrow the person to which Quinn should be most loyal? We all know Quinn is more concerned with making the greatest impact on the Empire than just advancing in his career ... so I believe his reasoning of the Emperor as an "absentee landlord" and Baras being the one who saved his career is a crock of ____ and isn't revealing enough about his character ... lol xD but yeah where exactly does his loyalty really lie...? Because assuming he isn't lying, he isn't entirely to the Sith or the entirety of the Empire if he is willing to betray and murder the Emperor's interests ... Of course this is probably just another stupid question from a fangirl OTL and I've read a lot of fan speculation and know a lot of theories and what not, but I'd just really like to see the cannon.

So anyways Scourge, and then Malavai <3

Edited by YukiMatsuda
Fixed spelling lol

I like scourge especially cause of his history with Revan but they already did the knight companion Kira who is imo the hottest comp in the game Jaesa comes close but Kira definitely wins cause i love redheads. I really think jaesa should be romanceable LS. Woah, got way off topic anyways, I guess i'm hoping for Scourge or Doc for the next knight companion.

So to sum it up a stitch in time saves 9

Do a write up on Quinn. With male players he's our 'don't ask, don't tell' Imperial Medic that sometimes heals/CC's well and sometimes just does whatever the hell he wants, but, for the ladies he's a bit more...

He's gotta be the most discussed, debated companion out there in /general. He's my favorite by far.

Quinn FTW.

Wooo wooo wooo! are you asking for companions to be like the pets and just be vanity items? Here's a companion that does nothing for you but just follows you around looking silly?

Or are you asking for all companions to be able to do everything and you just pick the attributes you want?

like you could turn theran into a tank? or maybe make bowdar a healer?

and as for Mako, with BH being the only class to get their heler companion right of the bat basically makes the lvling experience so much easier. I would actually suggest going BH to a new player to the game/mmo's just because having mako by your side will definately make learning the game less frustrating because you won't die nearly as much lol.

My favorite bit of "comedy" with mako

was when we got the holo to go to quesh to be the new advertising star for this great company lol, that was classic with mako along :p

I mean, i would have preferred that the companions presence not impact the combat as much as it does, i mean, if you are leveling up as dps, which i always do in all mmos, i have absolutely no interest in tanking or healing, using any companion other then the healer ends up giving you alot of issues, but the moment you use the healer companion, the issues vanish.

From a story and RP standpoint, its just a bad design, i mean, having 1 healer, 2 melee and 2 ranged whatever, yet making combat in such a way that required you to use specific companions based soles on your characters role is just a bad design method.

I could play Kotor or Mass Effect on the highest setting with any combination of companions and had no issues at all, though the boss fights were abit challenging, which is good, but the non-boss fights were fine, but in this game, its use the healer or be the healer or have issues.