Can someone explain "Bonus Series" of quests

Lynchpin-Redux

You can't stay and do them because once you finish the quest that the bonus is from the bonus disappears. You won't outlevel things simply by doing bonuses.

Simple answer: Take what bonuses you can get, don't go out of your way to do them.

You can't stay and do them because once you finish the quest that the bonus is from the bonus disappears. You won't outlevel things simply by doing bonuses.

Simple answer: Take what bonuses you can get, don't go out of your way to do them.

He's referring to something else. He means the "Bonus Series" quest-arc. You're referring to the Bonus Quests given off of other quests or from specific areas.

I'm wondering the same. It seems like when I clear an entire planet + the Bonus Series I'm perfect level for the next planet. But I don't PvP or do Flashpoints. So that might be the scale tipper.

• 3 months later...
They have nothing to do with the class story arc, but instead are a continuation of the planets story arc.

^this

Due to the scaling of XP with levels it's hard to outlevel class quests just by doing extra quests like PvP, Space and flashpoints, but it is possible. Some bonus quests aren't even available at the end of the planet (Nar Shadaa) and you have to come back to the planet after gaining some levels to get them. I guess to answer your question, yes, if you do all bonus series and other extras your class quests will be green instead of yellow.

I think the idea is to allow you to skip most of one planet's side quests and do the bonus series instead. For instance, the Nar Shaddaa Bonus Series is at the same intended level as Alderaan. So if you cannot stand that planet (or if this is your third alt and you are sick of the same missions), you can just run through your class missions on Alderaan and do the Nar Shaddaa series. Edited by redfurry

You don't really need the bonus series experience. Leveling my Bounty Hunter I did almost all the normal quests, a few space missions and only 1 bonus series (Voss). Hit 50 doing only class quest on Corellia, and nothing on Ilum.

So yeah, you don't need them but I like to think of them as alternate leveling paths (eg for alts). If you just go through the normal planets on your first character then skip some of the regular missions and do bonus series on an alt, you will have a lot more variety. Of course you can do some regular/bonus on each as well.

My question is, do the bonus series' disappear?

and all they do is finish off that planet's story and provide additional XP?

The quests don't go away, but if you outlevel the quests and they go grey you will only get the 5xp per hand in.

But also remember that completing a bonus quest series for a specific planet will gain you an orange item as a reward at the end of the bonus series.

The series will show up in your quest log with which bonus quest you need to complete until you reach the end of the chain and claim your reward.

But also remember that completing a bonus quest series for a specific planet will gain you an orange item as a reward at the end of the bonus series.

The series will show up in your quest log with which bonus quest you need to complete until you reach the end of the chain and claim your reward.

In addition the bonus quests will help open up new areas of the map. You also get XP for that and there are those of us who want to discover the entire planet.

Most Bonus series usually "open up" depending on levels. Most planet have them (except Quesh and starting planets) Some are just the "next bracket" like Nar Shadaa or a minor jump like Alderran (33-36 then jump to 40-43 something) Empire Side.

you don't have to do them, but it is a nice side story for everyone.

I recently went "back" to some planets for the first time. I have some open missions that I didn't want to drop, that weren't completed before I left certain planets. I did pick up a Bonus Series and ran that... but what was more surprising, I had a couple open missions on Balmora, plus I didn't explore the whole planet — which I want to — so I went back to clean those up, and didn't realize I would be like a god there. I'm around level 32 or so Bounty Hunter, and I did some Heroic 4's solo... even with multiple "Champion" level enemies on me, I never went below 94% health. It was kind of laughable. And a little annoying, because it did take a while to kill the Champions on solo.

I just find that to be a really odd system... that the planets are tied to skill level. As if people decide to live on a planet based on their toughness? It would be cool if each planet had difficult parts that you had to come back later for. As it is now... if you live on Hutta, you're pretty weak... the whole planet is weak, and my Level 30 BH could come there and take over the entire planet single handedly.

The other problem I think I'm running into, is being over-leveled in general. I do want to try to "complete" each planet as I level up (I'm not in a hurry to race through the game — especially since everyone whines about the end game). To me, it's fun to explore the planet and find new areas, and find "Champions" that I can't kill hidden away in places. However, it seems if you do all the missions, with their bonuses, explore the entire map, and do the bonus series missions... that you end up over leveling for the next planet. I need to head to Alderran next, but am going back to clean up these other planets first, and feel like I'll be a little too strong when I get to Alderran. We'll see.

I think the idea is to allow you to skip most of one planet's side quests and do the bonus series instead. For instance, the Nar Shaddaa Bonus Series is at the same intended level as Tattooine. So if you cannot stand the desert (or if this is your third alt and you are sick of the same missions), you can just run through your class missions on Tat and do the Nar Shaddaa series.

That can't be right... When I had finished Nar Shaddaa (Empire) the Bonus Series were not available until I was at least 5 levels above normal Nar Shaddaa questing. I actually went back to do them once I finished Tatooine, and they were yellow for me. And I don't speed though planets either.

Republic Planet and Bonus Series Order

Tython / Ord Mantell 1-10

Coruscant 10-16

Taris 16-20

Taris Bonus Series 20-22

Nar Shadda 20-24

Tattooine 24-28

Tattooine Bonus 28-30

Alderaan 28-32

Nar Shadda Bonus Series 31-34

Balmorra 32-36

Balmorra Bonus Series 1 35-37

Balmorra Bonus Series 2 36-38

Quesh 36-37

Hoth 37-41

Alderaan Bonus Series 40-44

Belsavis 41-44

Voss 44-47

Voss Bonus Series 1 47-49

Voss Bonus Series 2 47-49

Voss Bonus Series 3 47-49

Hoth Bonus Series 47-49

Corellia 47-50

Belsavis Bonus 50

Ilum 50

Empire Planet and Bonus Series Order

Korriban / Hutta 1-10

Dromund Kaas 10-16

Balmorra 16-20

Balmorra Bonus Series 20-22

Nar Shadda 20-24

Tattooine 24-28

Tattooine Bonus 28-30

Alderaan 28-32

Nar Shadda Bonus Series 31-34

Taris 32-36

Taris Bonus Series 35-37

Quesh 36-37

Hoth 37-41

Alderaan Bonus Series 40-44

Belsavis 41-44

Voss 44-47

Voss Bonus Series 1 47-49

Voss Bonus Series 2 47-49

Voss Bonus Series 3 47-49

Hoth Bonus Series 47-49

Corellia 47-50

Belsavis Bonus 50

Ilum 50

That can't be right... When I had finished Nar Shaddaa (Empire) the Bonus Series were not available until I was at least 5 levels above normal Nar Shaddaa questing. I actually went back to do them once I finished Tatooine, and they were yellow for me. And I don't speed though planets either.

True... my mistake, it is actually Alderaan that matches level with Nar Shaddaa bonus. I'll correct my former post.

It's also a way to avoid having to do every planet to death with every character. Doing the bonus quests on a planet helps you just do the class quest on your next planet. So your next Alt can do the side quests and the bonus quests there and it'll be fresh and new for you.