Anyone got any information on the average amount that Bubble "heals"?

stephenjohnp

I'm trying to get an idea for BiS for Sorcerer Healers, however unless I have some idea on how much Bubble accounts for the total healing, it's a bit of a pain. I have Mercs/Ops BiS down since there's no funny healing going on, but the bubble is proving to be a pain. Edited by stephenjohnp

Force armor doesn't heal, if that's what you mean. How much it absorbs is, as I understand it, dependent on your power, however.

The general rule is very little crit (I use 0), between 4 and 6 slots of alacrity, and everything else power and surge.

Force armor doesn't heal, if that's what you mean. How much it absorbs is, as I understand it, dependent on your power, however.

The general rule is very little crit (I use 0), between 4 and 6 slots of alacrity, and everything else power and surge.

Hence the "". Eh, I want the numbers so I can weigh the abilities and in regards to these rules, I'd rather see some numbers back it up.

As for how much it absorbs, in full 72, around ~6.5k, I just need to know how much on average it absorbs for each boss in TFB,

So an average fight is around 4m and under the assumption you're keeping the bubble up on both Tanks for the entirety of the fight, it absorbs around 182k, which will approximate for 10% of the healing, but I'd prefer some numbers from an actual fight.

Edited by stephenjohnp

If you paste your bonus healing value, I can tell you precisely.

Yeah I know how to get the value, I was just hoping to find out how much it gets used on average, but alas it's not included in logs. So I can only make the assumption that it's used at least on both Tanks off-debuff.

Yeah I know how to get the value, I was just hoping to find out how much it gets used on average, but alas it's not included in logs. So I can only make the assumption that it's used at least on both Tanks off-debuff.

You take wrong assumption. Keeping bubble on as soon as its avilable is not efficient. Its an emergency/situational ability

You take wrong assumption. Keeping bubble on as soon as its avilable is not efficient. Its an emergency/situational ability

Depends on fight but having it up on yourself and on the MT (both tanks in cases of dual tank fights) is advisable when not needed to be saved for big hits. Even then it can be easily predicted when the big hits come and use it for the rest of the time and still not have imba up when the hit comes. Best instant non-self 'heal' the class has.

But here in lies the problem of heal modelling, there are different approaches and hard to say which is the best when the end goal on killing bosses is achieved.

Have some logs, they are from NM WH kills and DG attempts, but the healing is not ideal

http://www.torparse.com/a/326887

http://www.torparse.com/a/306709

Edited by Darth_Dreselus

The formula for the amount absorbed by Static Barrier|Force Armor is available in my model for Sorcerer|Sage healing. You may download my model by following the link in my signature.

If you assume (1) all Power and zero Critical from gear and (2) neither a Power adrenal nor a Power relic is active, Static Barrier|Force Armor will absorb 6177 damage with Underworld gear or 6460 damage with Kell Dragon gear.

It's actually more than that. Most min-maxed 72 geared healers are going to see bubble heals in the vicinity of 9k.

No.

Static Barrier|Force Armor can't crit and, for a given value of Bonus Healing, always absorbs the same amount of damage that would otherwise be taken.

With BIS Kell Dragon gear for healing and 2 skill points in Lightning Barrier|Telekinetic Defense, Static Barrier|Force Armor absorbs 7634 with simultaneously active (1) Nano-Infused Triage Adrenal (+675 Power), (2) Kell Dragon Serendipitous Assault relic (+595 Power), and (3) Kell Dragon Boundless Ages relic (+460 Power).

Only with further simultaneous buffs from (4) Assassin's Shelter|Shadow's Shelter and (5) Bloodthirst|Inspiration might a Static Barrier|Force Armor absorb 9k. I doubt, however, that either Shelter or Bloodthirst|Inspiration applies to Static Barrier|Force Armor. The tooltips for these abilities refer to heals only. Buffs to "healing received", such as the 8% buff from the Sorcerer|Sage skill Empty Body|Pain Bearer or the 1% buff from Legacy/Companion, don't apply to Static Barrier|Force Armor.

I provided the correct amount absorbed in my previous reply in this thread.

Edited by Orderken

• 1 month later...
If my bonus healing was 1146~ what would my bubble absorb?

At level 55, with Bonus Healing of 1146 and 2 skill points in Lightning Barrier|Telekinetic Defense, your Static Barrier|Force Armor would absorb up to 6139 damage taken.

Edited by Orderken

At level 55, with Bonus Healing of 1146 and 2 skill points in Lightning Barrier|Telekinetic Defense, your Static Barrier|Force Armor would absorb up to 6139 damage taken.

9k is totally inaccurate. Have no idea where KBN is getting a number like that. But it is pretty clear Orderken knows what he is talking about.

Assuming you have rank 6 force armor, and you took the 10% talent in the TK tree then you have a fomula that rounds to about:

(healing bonus) * 3.6 + 2014 (assuming rank 6)

Which gives you 6139.6

The closest numbers I have, which arent perfect (no datamining), are 3.591658 and 2014.457244 which would give you roughly 6134.11. But those are based on a series of small hits which ends up absorbing slightly less due to rounding. Either way it is close enough to get you a ballpark. Remember this number goes up when you have a click power, power proc, triage adrenal, or attack adrenal active (anything that raises your bonus healing). Since it is not technically a heal, Force Armor is exempt from the healing penalty of the attack adrenal.