The Old Republic Insider – January 2014

CourtneyWoods

There was talk in the video that we would be seeing new things in January? Is it a hint that the Rakghoul plague will be coming this month?

Not a hint. It's confirmed! Those tunnels they showed are where parts of the event take place. Looks like the plague spreads once more in January. :D Now I'm just hoping you guys will give us another seperate post from a big wig about the future of the game going into the spring and the status on nightmare operations and the new operation story line. Thanks all!

So excited for the Rakghoul Resurgence Event! Been waiting for it. Mid January is like next week so hopefully we get some more info soon.

They'll probably start building up to it.

Maybe Courtney will treat us to some more awesome articles. :D

I'm also curious about how the new "tactical FP" will work, considering the 15-55 level range...

Will it match up people who are within a certain level range of each other? Or pull from the entire pool and do some kind of sidekicking/scaling à la City of Heroes & Guild Wars 2?

UGH!!! Another insider and still no word on the hood toggle that was promised years ago now!!! All I want is to be able to put up the hood on my sorcerer's robe after having it in the down position for over two years! I mean for crying out loud by now they could have just made a copy of every hooded piece of armor with both an up and a down version. I am so :mad: I can't even enjoy the new stuff that's coming.

Just do this one thing people have been asking for and you've been promising for the better part of two years now! Just do it or I will go all UNLIMITED POWA on you!!!

Noooooo! I hope they have a broad definition of "mid-January" for the Rak Event and it comes out on the 21st, I'll be out of town the week of the 14th and my laptop can't run SWTOR for ****.

Other than that, this stuff looks awesome. Really interested to see how much variation we get in the "Tactical Flashpoint" and how well that new model of FP goes over - it certainly sounds like a great approach.

Other than that, here's hoping the Bombers were sufficiently nerfed and I'm definitely looking forward to the influx of players we'll get in GSF as it opens to Preferred and F2P.

its all great for the CARTEL COIN cards in the US... BUT WHAT ABOUT CANADA!!!!!!.... how about making them available in CANADA so we get the chance of having those pets and items that comes with them, i been a sub since i started and i miss out on alot of stuff because its US ONLY, theres more then just US players in this game.

As well how about more playable races, there is alot of other races you see as support roles and NPC's, what about making them as playable so there is more diversity amongst the players themselves.

and Events, its awsome there is a NEW one coming out.... but how about frequencey, gree event i seen only 3 times in a year.... make an event once a month.... the monthly bounty is already getting old... how about rotating them each month and making them last 2 weeks instead of 1 and more lvl 15 - 55 events, gree is for 50-55 only... what about the rest of the levels, great idea for the Bounty event being 15-55.... but i think all of them should be as such and have them rotated out so they dont get boring, 1 month... 2 week bounty.... next month... 2 week gree, then 2 week Rhakghoul ... ect ect.... this way players keep interested and not get bored with 1 event.

Another subject would be ideas for future planetary storylines / expansions. You had a good start with CZ-198, but i find it turned into an EPIC FAIL.... Czerka Corp was a MAJOR player in the last games in KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2, CZ-198 could of been an ENITRE planet like Oricon with a mini story, heroics, and be turned into dailies with a planet wide map, as far as planets go.... if planets were stores... CZ-198 would be the Gas N Go of the galaxy... hardly anything to do... takes me less then 20 minutes to do the dailies without breaking a sweat or worry, and the FP's there.... same deal when i partner up with someone... When CZ-198 first came i was expecting explosive actoin... and got a little firecracker. Oricon has OPS, Heroics, Dailies, LARGE map, great setting, I was impresed.... CZ on the other hand.... a typical storage facility where you run into the same enemies everywhere, like the background of an old cartoon that just endlessly repeats itself. PLEASE.... CZ-198 HAS POTENTIOL....

Edited by AgarthiDreadlow

its all great for the CARTEL COIN cards in the US... BUT WHAT ABOUT CANADA!!!!!!.... how about making them available in CANADA so we get the chance of having those pets and items that comes with them, i been a sub since i started and i miss out on alot of stuff because its US ONLY, theres more then just US players in this game.

Who cares about small Canada. They might consider Europe before because its bigger than both US and Canada, but no, they wont. ;)

Who cares about small Canada. They might consider Europe before because its bigger than both US and Canada, but no, they wont. ;)

Actually, per capita of gamers America is freaking massive. Though I think all the countries should have equal content if I was Bioware and had to choose one I would go with America hands down. Probably at least half of the gaming population there.

I am so excited about this. I just started doing flashpoints this year (I'm a founder...). It's working so well. I'm still a little lost on the fighter pilot stuff :eek: but am working to catch on : ) Kuat sounds very fun. Just glad the game is moving on. I missed the rakghoul stuff because I wasn't high enough level at the time. Now I have 7 55's so it won't be a problem.

Thanks so much can't wait! :D

UGH!!! Another insider and still no word on the hood toggle that was promised years ago now!!! All I want is to be able to put up the hood on my sorcerer's robe after having it in the down position for over two years! I mean for crying out loud by now they could have just made a copy of every hooded piece of armor with both an up and a down version. I am so :mad: I can't even enjoy the new stuff that's coming.

Just do this one thing people have been asking for and you've been promising for the better part of two years now! Just do it or I will go all UNLIMITED POWA on you!!!

You do know they've answered this request and said "it's beyond our current abilities/budget?"

It's not going to happen in 2014.