Soa Phase 3

Just wondering how you guys are handling the electric balls and mind traps on HM Soa (8 man), especially in P3. We have P2 down pretty well and get into P3 almost every single attempt. Our problem is we fall behind on mind traps and can't seem to catch up, especially when multiple dps start getting caught in them.

It seems you just don't have the time if one dps get trapped and another is getting tossed around by Soa to bring the traps down in a timely manner if you have to stop to dps Soa during his vulnerable phase. Is this just a dps issue for us? Do we need to push him quicker in the other phases? How many mind traps do you guys generally get in P2?

Edited by dubiellu

seems to be just a dps issue imo, or some people r not doing it right.

Soa when shield down > mind traps

make sure everyone and thats everyone is focusing on mind traps when his shield is up, as soon as shield down ignore traps and nuke crap out of boss. sounds to me like some people are not switching in time.

You need to be able to kill 2 traps about every 30 seconds it comes out to? You'll lose 10 seconds on every other trap to DPSing the boss.

Try 1 tanking 5 DPSing it if you're really that short on DPS, you can heal pretty much anybody with a good health pool through his normal attacks if your tank gets trapped as long as whoever gets aggro knows where to pull him.

P3's length does not appear to be affected by the length of the other phases. No matter what you do he will Enrage as the 4th artifact falls.

Edited by Lightmgl

We do run with 1 tank and 5 dps, 3 of these being melee. I don't think we have had a problem with the tank getting sucked in a mind trap in phase 3 yet. Our problem comes with too many dps getting trapped in mind traps. On occasion we've has as many as 4 people in one mind trap.

I guess this makes it an obvious dps issue, I was just wondering if there is anything we can do to avoid this? Once one or two get stuck, and another one is flying around, things just tend to spiral out of control. Should the healers be focusing on dps in P3? We have our healers helping when his shield is down, but should they prioritize dpsing traps as well? Should the tank dps the trap if he can each it without getting Soa out of position?

Edited by dubiellu

The easy solution would be the replace your melee with ranged DPS. Melee dps has a lot of travel time on this fight (which destroys their dps uptime) and some class gap closers (such as force leap) is unusable on the main boss.

An alternative would be to have your tank call out 3-5 seconds in advance when his shield is going to drop and have your melee swap off the mind traps and start running towards the boss.

You really want to stack ranged DPS on this fight as they can instantly swap from traps to boss and back on a dime. Melee are a liability, especially with lightning balls. The only melee you need to bring is a Marauder/Sentinel for the bloodlust-type ability.

You also absolutely need to 1-tank the fight.

We do run with 1 tank and 5 dps, 3 of these being melee. I don't think we have had a problem with the tank getting sucked in a mind trap in phase 3 yet. Our problem comes with too many dps getting trapped in mind traps. On occasion we've has as many as 4 people in one mind trap.

It sounds like it's really a problem with your DPS then. When the boss isnt down, there's literally nothing else for them to do besides break people out of mindtraps. They only have like 20-30k health, it should take at most 6-8 seconds to break one out, even if one is mindtrapped.