One planet is not an expansion

Darth-Rammstein

People will always whine it seems.

For all we know it be one planet, the new race plus a few new skills for the level cap increase thats pretty stander even when everquest 2 did some expansions all it was sometimes was just a new dungeon and a few cmore quests, or just a zone of floating isles.

So OP where do you get that this isn't normal for expanding a game?

Sorry no new race. Cathar will not be in Makeb. It will be available on the Cartel Market soon™

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you forgot, wow: 1 new continent, multiple zones, new races, new crafting skills, new talent trees, new battle grounds, new raids, new dungeons, new starting zone. should i go on.

Nah, we're just guessing here. Don't need to bring facts into a faith discussion.

SWTOR: 1 new planet, 5 new levels

WoW: 1 new continent, 5 new levels

Umm... You were saying?

4 new raids, about 7 new dungeons, challenge mode, countless other REAL expansion features. One SW:ToR planet doesnt even come close. ESPECIALLY since JAMES OHLEN already confirmed this was just a normal content update that all you fanbois are claiming is an expansion. Seriously just admit that they are nickle and diming us. It wont hurt you that bad. You might even be able to look at things objectively for once.

WoW: 1 new continent, 5 new levels

Umm... You were saying?

You must have meant that MoP also brought with it a new race, new class, new raids, and more. . .

Granted, you ended up not actually needing to purchase MoP for the race or class, though. That's right . . . you got it FOR FREE just for playing the game. Wow . . . imagine that! :eek:

Sorry, can't compare here to WoW. Not by a long shot. And I generally dislike WoW, to boot.

Edited by Jumajin

I agree. Players have asked for swoop/pod races for a while now. Those would be a welcome addition, as would additional Skill Points to purchase more Skills.

if swoop racing were in there as a mini game then may say ye bring it on but i think we have more chance of seeing hickman justify this then that.

WoW: 1 new continent, 5 new levels. Was stated by Blizzard was going to be an expansion

Umm... You were saying?

Was stated to be a content up date. Took a Hickman Effect to the Knee and is Now an Expansion.

Welcome, you have entered the...Hickman Zone.:eek:

So what is considered an expansion then? 2 planets? 3?

More than 2 hours of content on a planet that was a content update as called by JAMES OHLEN. Hell you can get 5 levels on ANY planet right now. Its not going to be any bigger. An expansion is supposed to EXPAND on the game. Not give more of the exact same rehashed **** we already have. Btw look up Game Update 1.4. Thats what this really is. You know...before the Dark Times...of F2P and adding in what shouldve been in at launch.

So what is considered an expansion then? 2 planets? 3?

well 1st i would say that if its based on planet scales we have now then atleast 3-4 planets, it should also include class story and new mini games. It could but is not forced to include a new race. They could push the boat out and put bh, agents, smugglers and trooper vareints on the other side with either a new starting zone or put them with there mirrored class's starting areas. it should also have its own new fset of flashpoints and operations specifically designed for the increased levels, not reworked old flashpoints bar the heroic mode of flashpoints and nightmare mode of operations being set to 55.

Another example of what would be a true expantion is the space game, a fully fledge space game not the on rails thing we have now. With guild ships and space pvp and pve.

What makeb stands for is nothing beyond a cheap money grab for what has already been stated as a none expansion patch content.

No one is against real expansions and im sure that people would pay good money for a real expantion and real expansions are a given to cost ontop of subscriptions.

Edited by Shingara

Umm it's not 8 different story lines...more like one epic storyline,confirmed elsewhere. And it's only 10$ if you pre-order, 20$ on release. I wouldn't pre-order unless they give all the details out.

10 for subs , 20 for f2p, the price has nothing to do with pre-order or release.

So if I add 10lvl to your favorite MMO, and a single short quest with enough xp to make those lvl, can I charge 10$ for it ?

I should have work in a videogame company !

alot of the DLC content for PS3 games would like word with you, they charge 5 dollar for a character costume etc, here we get a planet which we don't know the size of yet, is there a fp/op that goes with it? ar there cool things to do that they ahven't anounced yet? we don't know, but in my opinion the 8 euro isn't that bad seeing what's being charged for dlc content in other games.

alot of the DLC content for PS3 games would like word with you, they charge 5 dollar for a character costume etc, here we get a planet which we don't know the size of yet, is there a fp/op that goes with it? ar there cool things to do that they ahven't anounced yet? we don't know, but in my opinion the 8 euro isn't that bad seeing what's being charged for dlc content in other games.

So because other idiots do cash grabs we should be forced to sit through them? Good logic.

Anyone played everquest 2 back in the day and recall their expansions and how ranging in size they could be?

Yeah, now yet another F2P to save its life game.

As a matter of fact, the entire SOE library went F2P to remain alive.

Great example, that one.

Edited by Jumajin

Correction, you can buy the Lotro expansions with the coins after the expansion has been launched to players that paid to buy it, isengard was like a week and a half after people buy it, you cant pre-order with turbine points. Bioware could very well do the same after the expansion has launched like lotro does, they have not said eiether way so at the moment it is no different to lotro.

in fact I';d bet the expansion will be in the shop. proably chopped into multiple bits. JUST LIKE LOTRO

Yeah, now yet another F2P to save its life game.

As a matter of fact, the entire SOE library went F2P to remain alive.

Great example, that one.

The subscription model is pretty much dead really have to agree with some of the people over at RPS in regards to mmos.

So because other idiots do cash grabs we should be forced to sit through them? Good logic.

no, but because 'those idiots', there are people that do market research who think it's justifiable, blame the current economics over the world if you will. you missed my point (seems this is a 'hip' answer to give nowadays)

If anyone's noticed, all of these '6 week content updates' they've been releasing were initially all part of the same patch. Makeb included. Since summer, when this was all announced, you haven't seen any plans for any actual 'new' content beyond the original Makeb patch.

Let's face it... Makeb is done, and has been for some time. All they are doing is stalling for time until EA figures out what they're going to do with this game. Additional content beyond Makeb is not being worked on (in my opinion).

This F2P system (as well as milking subscribers for additional money) is obviously not a long term plan. They are trying to scoop up as much money as they possibly can in the shortest amount of time possible. This has been shown with the lack of an anniversary event, with Life Day being exclusively on the Cartel Market, and now slapping a price onto an already diminished free content update and calling it an expansion.

It's my belief that after they run out of pre-existing content (aka, Makeb), EA's going to cut their losses and close the game down.

Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans.

LOL REALLY MAN!!! This is considered a DLC expansion they didn't cal it a full expansion. If it was a full expansion it would be 39.99.

9.99 for what we are getting is very much worth it. Once they come out with a full expansion for 39.99 you complainers will think it's the end of the world lol.