New Ability Bar Cooldown effect

Sammojo

I'm not being a fanboi lol

I was pointing out that you can see what ability is available after people kept insisting you can't. If you can't see a highlighted number by a quick glance, you are blind or just plain stupid, for you I bet it is both.

It's also spelled tyres and that example just shows how much of an idiot you truly are.

I've also not praised this new ability system, I'm just pointing out you can see your next ability easy.

In the United States it is spelled Tire. Not being able to see a highlighted number that is only a fraction brighter than it originally was does not make me blind or stupid. Actually, ones ability to see has no correlation to their intelligence, so you sir, are the ignorant one for calling me stupid.

I have 20/20 vision, I can only imagine how other people that have lesser vision can see your amazingly HUGE LIT UP MAGICAL NUMBERS!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The flash and animation lasts longer than the GCD. I'm using my instant proc abilities before they show up as available.

Unacceptable.

Bioware. Fix your UI, or open it up to let us do it already, so you can work on optimization and other bugs.

While I appreciate the attempt to make it more obvious which spells were on cooldown, I feel the new effects are just making it harder to see which abilities are available. The flashing and washout effects obscure the visibility of the abilities, and the flashing occurs after it has come off cooldown (making it difficult to react quickly as you cannot quite tell if it is available or just part of the GCD flashing).

All that was needed was to add a dark blue or reddish tinge to the abilities which were on cooldown, as the old GCD effect was sufficient and didn't obscure vision.

Is anyone else not liking the new effect?

The new effect isn't working because its too much. The icons should stay the full brightness during the global cool down bar passing, with only skills that have a longer cool down to remain toned back.

The white cool down bar with the gradient and the border pulse works.

In the United States it is spelled Tire. Not being able to see a highlighted number that is only a fraction brighter than it originally was does not make me blind or stupid. Actually, ones ability to see has no correlation to their intelligence, so you sir, are the ignorant one for calling me stupid.

I have 20/20 vision, I can only imagine how other people that have lesser vision can see your amazingly HUGE LIT UP MAGICAL NUMBERS!

Im from the UK and i lol at this reply good answer.

Edited by JayMartin

heres a vid of the new effects...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXRS1dsPsvQ&feature=youtu.be

terrible for the least to say

Bah, that video makes it look so easy, I would kill to trade my icons for yours. Try playing a Sentinel with +30 abilities to manage when most icons are blue, the same blue color that the CD fader utilizes. A blue CD fader over constantly lit blue icons and having them flash now too is hidious design to say at least. I can't tell **** apart at all.

I dont see any reason to shout and scream over this.

Sure, it is a bit flashy, but it works.

For a lot of people it is making them physically ill. It's not a coincidence, it's not their system or lack of computer skills and it's not their eyesight. It's the way the UI was changed and these problems have been documented in video games for ages. For some it works, some even like it and for others it is literally a game breakers no matter how much they otherwise liked the game until today.

Looks fine to me. People just wanna ***** and complain about everything. If you think its that bright, its your issue. Turn down the brightness on your monitor. Or wear shades.

No for many it's making them ill. Turning down the brightness doesn't solve that. Do a Google search on motion sickness and video games if you're at all curious as to why some people get physically ill in video games.

Rage users, you have my deepest sympathies.

I've only played my Sin since the patch came out, but at this level the majority of the abilities I use are instant and have no long-term cooldown.

You know what this means?

All of my bars are blue. 100% of the time. Playing a class that uses force I have the luxury of knowing which abilities will be available when the GCD is finished, so I can hit the keybinds without looking at the bars.

The problem?

I can't stop noticing them.

The flash every 1.5 seconds is obnoxious for me; no it's unbearable. If you have the focus to ignore it, then you have my envy. But 4 bars flashing every second is ludacris, I cannot fathom how long-term this could possibly be good on the eyes.

I'm not saying there won't be other people out there who prefer this change, I definitely see the appeal for long term cooldowns, however the GCD flash is ridiculous. Honestly, if I were to start a new character, it would be completely unviable trying to play with this setup - You'd have to wait an extra second before the flash finishes in order to actually see which abilities are available until you can get use to a rotation. This is also excluding the fact the blue tint is strong enough to almost completely obscure the coloured icon beneath it.

Bioware, if you cannot find a happy balance, please allow us the option of choice. I adjusted to that last UI setup well, and I'm use to dealing with flashing and blinking on my screen. But this is just too much. Let me revert to the old way, while users that enjoy this setup can continue to do so.

Looks fine to me. People just wanna ***** and complain about everything. If you think its that bright, its your issue. Turn down the brightness on your monitor. Or wear shades.

It is the flashing strobe effect, or added effect.

Since it has not been addressed I spoke with my wallet I hope more who are having the issue do so also.

Where shades lmao where do the internet find people.

Ill tell you what ill where shades jus so i can play a video game you sir are a total ***.

grow up and be mature about how some people cant play the game. its not big and its not clever the way your acting

Please, Devs, go find your colleagues who play Sith Warriors or Jedi Knights and get them to explain to how how utterly horrible this change is.

You don't really see the problem if you're playing a class that starts with a full resource bar & uses it up or has a "heat" bar like bounty hunters. The majority of your abilities will be usable when off cooldown unless your bar is empty or full.

The horror is only apparent when you're trying to manage building and using resources simultaneously.

As a Sith Warrior or Jedi Knight this change has made it much much harder to determine which abilities will have enough rage/focus available to be used once the GCD or ability cooldown finishes.

There are classes for whom this is a good change and classes for whom this is almost a game-breaker.

Give us the options to customise our own UIs for our class and play style. How about options to modify the border so that its:

• On for all cooldowns / On for long cooldowns and Off for global cooldown / Totally off.
  • Chose a color for the border (it wouldn't be quite so bad if it was dark instead of light)

Agreed,

I play a marauder. As a melee class during a intense pvp battle, with people moving in and out of different ranges, all the graying and flashing makes it very difficult most of the time to tell if someone's in your saberthrow/force scream range or not. In pve it isn't that big of a deal but in pvp it's a game breaker.

Also, I can't say for certain, but seems like I'm getting more lag with all non stop blinking of abilities.

While I appreciate the attempt to make it more obvious which spells were on cooldown, I feel the new effects are just making it harder to see which abilities are available. The flashing and washout effects obscure the visibility of the abilities, and the flashing occurs after it has come off cooldown (making it difficult to react quickly as you cannot quite tell if it is available or just part of the GCD flashing).

All that was needed was to add a dark blue or reddish tinge to the abilities which were on cooldown, as the old GCD effect was sufficient and didn't obscure vision.

Is anyone else not liking the new effect?

I absolutely love the new cool down system.

*edit*

People that are getting motion sickness over it have my sympathies and I can respect that, but I still love the new setup of it.

Edited by Brool

The new indicator for GCD with the flashy stuff needs to go now.

AS IN SHUT DOWN THE SERVERS ROLL BACK THE PATCH AND GO BACK TO THE OLD NOW !!!!!

Reasoning: my son is Epileptic (controlled by meds normally) but this morning he tried to play a little SWTOR and guess what HE HAD A *********** SEIZURE YOU DUMB ******ES.

Fix now!!!!

Edited by lELADRIN

This is the problem of forcing everyone to use the same ui. No matter how they change it some people will not like it. I know they're not ready to let us customize the ui but please when you add these fixes make it an option in settings. Edited by Patched

Lol yes, then they should put a disclaimer on the box and items needed to play.

Game Requirements:

Windows XP/Vista/7.

A pair of sunglasses.

Yea when you playing a Jedi of any class...this new animation of cooldowns really messes things up because everything is practically blue. I found on my Bounty Hunter it wasn't that bad but tolerable. But,..on a Jedi class like jedi guardian...OMG it's horrendous

I cannot believe in this day and age of mmo's that we are having this issue with the UI cooldown animation. UI is a basic fundamental thing of all mmo's and should be wired tight prior to release of your game......I can't believe it,..yet here we are ...I'm just shocked,...astonished at the ineptitude...the complete lack of intelligence

Who is doing these changes? Who is the supervisor in charge? Do we need to write letters to EA / Bioware demanding somebody be fired? :mad:

Why does it flash every time i use a global cooldown? This makes no sense. I dont want every ability flashing literally every second. This makes it impossible to see any visual queues for when an abilities *does* come off cooldown. Fix this plx

I agree. The flash is only necessary for skills that come off CD, not for all of the abilities. This is why people are feeling physically ill.