DPS Gearing for 2018, Patch 5.6

Evolixe

Returning player here. Which build is this for? Can you recommend any guides for PvP guides for Shadow/Assassin. Looking for rotational info as well. My old sources seem to be out of date or only partially updated.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can render !

Eh, I think you should follow the link in Exi's signature. It leads to a place where peoples will help you out :D

So yeah, follow this link for the Assassin/Shadow discord server, it's generally simple to receive advice from different players. :p

To answer your question, the builds quoted above are for both Deception/Infiltration and Hatred/Serenity. Those builds works well in either PvE or PvP. :)

Edited by supertimtaf

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These sets are for both DPS specs. The stats you want in either spec are exactly the same.

As of details on rotational stuff etc, this one is pretty much still up to date.

Except for the stats/gearing part.. all the theory is the same as it is now.

http://dulfy.net/2017/01/17/swtor-5-0-deception-assassin-pve-guide-by-jaek/

You're not the first and you won't be the last. But if you want to best of my help.. go and try doing what this guide tells you. You might have questions along the line and I'll be happy to answer them. But in order for me to put everything in enough detail I would just have to write everything that guide already has.

You'll learn from it and you will know what to ask. Asking in the general sense makes it hard for me to help you ;/

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, what does the different text colours mean?

It's just to make it easier to read.

Although if you are color blind that might work counterproductively :rolleyes:

In that case, I'd recommend you copy the text to notepad. Easy, quick solution ;)

Edited by Evolixe

• 2 weeks later...

at the moment i got this, 247 with gemini except for bracers.

MASTERY 7405

END 8991

POWER 4528

CRIT 1875

ALAC 756

ACC 791

with the mastery stim I have 110 point something accuracy.

For mostly pve, is this 'ok'?

I mean not min max but generally speaking this will be best for damage?

at the moment i got this, 247 with gemini except for bracers.

MASTERY 7405

END 8991

POWER 4528

CRIT 1875

ALAC 756

ACC 791

with the mastery stim I have 110 point something accuracy.

For mostly pve, is this 'ok'?

I mean not min max but generally speaking this will be best for damage?

I am sure Evo will come back here and respond but yea you are hitting the 1st tier for alacrity which I guess you are intending to do, you can see in the initial post that the higher alacrity tier (1860+) is recommended due to higher potential but assuming you don't mind hitting the lower tier, which you are now, you are fine.

Ah right so i am way off the right alacrity numbers. WHich of my stats should I sacrifice for the extra alacrity, power or mastery?

If you have Power and Mastery to sacrifice, do that. If not, sacrifice crit.

Also, after a year of not being around, Im back!

Time to update that sig...

Edited by TACeMossie

Ah right so i am way off the right alacrity numbers. WHich of my stats should I sacrifice for the extra alacrity, power or mastery?

If you go for ~1860 alacrity you put everything else in crit (and 110% accuracy).

• 1 month later...
Gearing is currently identical for both specs, which is rather nice for the flex players under us.

Please keep in mind that Earpieces and Implants also count as Enhancements,

since you can choose which stats are on it.

It also doesn't matter if you are using new or old augments.

The 2 stat difference isn't big enough to force a change in gearing.

You just get a bunch more Power and Endurance.

248 Hatred and Deception

In 248 you got 2 options.

The recommended option is that you go with the higher amount of Alacrity.

Reasons to go for the lower amount of Alacrity are explained below.

As for the Lower Alacrity version, there are 2 ways of doing this one.

One with 1617 crit and one with 1848 crit.

The lower crit one will provide you with more stable numbers, but is incompatible with PvP for its high accuracy.

The higher crit one will provide you with higher peak damage in case of generous RNG.

242 Hatred and Deception

In 242 you really only have 1 option. You can't reasonably reach the higher Alacrity Threshold.

And besides that if you're still gearing up I wouldn't worry too much about the Alacrity part.

Summing it down

• Stats are listed by order of importance.
    However as explained in lower gear levels Alacrity isn't as big of a deal. Accuracy is, though.
  • Accuracy and Alacrity are here to stay.
    You should get at least some Accuracy and what I give you here is what I recommend.
    For PvP you could opt to drop one Accuracy augment for a Crit one. That's about as far as I'd go down with it.
  • Don't deviate from the Alacrity numbers unless you have a good reason to (Bad ping, not filling GCDs etc)
    The reason for this is that the amount of Alacrity I guide you to puts you past the threshold for a lower GCD.
    Getting any more or less will just hurt you. It either doesn't affect the GCD or it affects it in a negative way.
  • Get your setbonus ASAP. 6x 230 Armorings with set is better than 6x 248 Armorings without set.
  • You get more than enough Power from sources outside of the posted ones. You can't really avoid it in the lower alacrity 248 builds (which is why they are not so great) But you don't need more and you don't want more. Power is massively overrated. Leave it for what it is.

If you have any further questions I would like to redirect you to the Discord Server in my signature.

There are currently 150 Assassins and Shadows over there which will gladly help you on your way.

1x Accuracy Enhancement

3x Accuracy Augment

gives me 110.29%

6x Alacrity Enhancement

5x Alacrity Augment

only gives me like 40.57% and 68.57% to crit mulitpler with alacrity @ 1974

whereas if i go 5X enhance 5X aug

4x Crit Enhancement

6x Crit Augment

i end up with 42.19% and 70.19% and alacrity @1743

are you really gaining a lot foregoing the crit for the alacrity?

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

So, guys, about PVP, I've got 2 options:

1) 0 Acc, Alacrity low cap, Crit + Mastery relics and all aug's, ench's and other stuff crit(full crit in other words)

2) 0 Acc, Alacrity low cap, 40% crit cap, mastery + power relics and all other stuff with as much mastery as possible

Which one is better?

So, guys, about PVP, I've got 2 options:

1) 0 Acc, Alacrity low cap, Crit + Mastery relics and all aug's, ench's and other stuff crit(full crit in other words)

2) 0 Acc, Alacrity low cap, 40% crit cap, mastery + power relics and all other stuff with as much mastery as possible

Which one is better?

I would go for 0acc, low alacrity and crit cap - rest in mastery.

Edited by CMoray

• 3 weeks later...

For PvP you could opt to drop one Accuracy augment for a Crit one. That's about as far as I'd go down with it.

I was under the impression you need 0 Accuracy for pvp.

Also, has anything changed in regards to the new Superior [XXX] Augments 48 (item rating 240)?

Thanks for all your hard work.

• 1 year later...
I'm very new to this game and I need to know how to start setting up my level 12 assassin with the proper mods and enhancements, please.

at level 12 and honestly until level cap (75) you really don't need to worry about gear. If you're playing a dps discipline (deception or hatred) just don't equip items with absorb, shield and defense and use a focus as your offhand and not a shield. accuracy, critical and alacrity are the tertiary stats you want. ideally things with more mastery (or power) over endurance but these 3 stats are capped on the sub-75 planets anyway.

if you're playing darkness, just having a shield instead of a focus will be fine and using dps stats (minus accuracy, tanks don't need it) will help you to kill things faster.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Apparently I can't edit the Title. Thread has been updated with values for Deception in uncapped PvE and PvP content. Hatred and capped content recommendations will follow soon. I might make a new thread and ask this one to be unstickied, or simply ask a moderator to edit the title :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the guide!

1) can you explain the CAP?

- Why is there a CAP, and when is it reached?

FYI

- I play a Kinetic (Jedi) STank, and am "new" to the game (in this regard/in this patch zone) can I use these information in the topic right?

2) Which is better for a kinetic tank? Mastery or Power? I read Mastery from 5.0+ but I couldn't get a source.

3) So in PvE Accuracy is always important right? (Even as a tank I ask)

Edited by HottesIce