Lost Island HM should have better loot.

Forgot how to interrupt? Never heard of cleanse? Do you think the circles mean "Stand Here"?

No problem, just grind some black hole comms for a week and try again!

P.S. And while we're at it, Story Mode Toth and Zorn is harder than Dr. Lorrick and HM Soa, all of which drop the Rakata Chest. Let's have SM T/Z drop a Campaign Chestpiece instead! Oh, and a random Hazmat implant, too!

:shootmenow:

Agreed. *Clap*Clap*Clap*Clap*Clap*Clap*

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the lag issue, if you don't get near him, you may be too late to get beneath him when he use that smash.

I'm not talking about lag. Lag is random.

Let's say a Sniper is shooting at the ape. Shooting at his face if you want, which means the Sniper is in front of him but safely at like 20m. Ape starts pounding his chest. Sniper runs and keeps being in front of him. Smash. Everybody on falls on the ground. Where is the Sniper ? In front of the ape and not safely at 20m. Sometimes the boss will jump to the pipe immediately after the smash, sometimes he wont (dont know that works tbh). If he doesn't, the Sniper will most likely get cleaved.

When you run to the boss if you're heals or dps, stay looking at his butt, after the smash when you fall, you'll be at his back, so no risk of getting cleaved. Not everybody does this.

So that means they mostly won't need the drop from LR-5 and Sav-Rak, that's the problem I'm talking about.

If you're a skilled player, you run LR-5 without full Columi, get the boots, and use them, or rips the mods out for optimization, or give them to a companion.

If you're a mediocre player, you need full Columi and only Lorrick drops upgrade gear.

If you're a poor player, you need full Rakata and nothing is an upgrade.

If you're a bad player, you can't even do it with the 100% black hole gear you got from T1 group finder BH comms.

What's the problem exactly?

Most of the people I've met require really good gear to beat it, me, too. It's not impossible to do it with tionese or half columi but people won't give it a try.

i did it on my sorcerer with half tionesse/columi, no black hole at all and no augments, but i did have guildies with me that have brains.

I'm not talking about lag. Lag is random.

Let's say a Sniper is shooting at the ape. Shooting at his face if you want, which means the Sniper is in front of him but safely at like 20m. Ape starts pounding his chest. Sniper runs and keeps being in front of him. Smash. Everybody on falls on the ground. Where is the Sniper ? In front of the ape and not safely at 20m. Sometimes the boss will jump to the pipe immediately after the smash, sometimes he wont (dont know that works tbh). If he doesn't, the Sniper will most likely get cleaved.

When you run to the boss if you're heals or dps, stay looking at his butt, after the smash when you fall, you'll be at his back, so no risk of getting cleaved. Not everybody does this.

1) sitting at range is pointless in this fight because you do have to run under his balls at the jump so you prepare by NOT sitting 20m away.

2) You skip the smash by doing extremely heavy dps which pushes him into a jump phase without a smash.

3) Death by boss attacks is the last thing that's going to kill you in this encounter unless you know the fight but are are horribly undergeared.

the only hard boss in LI is the droid, the rest are a walk in the park and the first boss is a total joke and the miniboss too. The droid is hard, if people keep leaving bubbles all over the place, which is usually my case.

I should note that I haven't tried tanking the bonus boss, as we always skip it, is it hard?

Edited by Fallerup

the only hard boss in LI is the droid, the rest are a walk in the park and the first boss is a total joke and the miniboss too. The droid is hard, if people keep leaving bubbles all over the place, which is usually my case.

I should note that I haven't tried tanking the bonus boss, as we always skip it, is it hard?

You need to interrupt it because it can do massive damage.

Otherwise no.

1) sitting at range is pointless in this fight because you do have to run under his balls at the jump so you prepare by NOT sitting 20m away.

When I'm healing this flashpoint, I don't care where the dps is. I care only about them not eating the boss's cleave (and not being knocked off the platform,lol)

Snipers could use their entrenched thing and not even bother running towards the boss.

2) You skip the smash by doing extremely heavy dps which pushes him into a jump phase without a smash.

Not everybody is overgeared/awesome parse player whetever to force a smash skip evertime. But everybody can position themselves so when/if the smash happens, they won't eat a cleave afterwards. This only requires a bit of attention. That's all.

From a healer POV, dps eating boss's cleaves = stressful fight. DPS avoiding that damage, restful fight.

Then do it with Tionese gear, if you can't handle challenge, don't do it. Stop whining about nonexistant issues.

Most of the players need columi to beat it, especially pugs

It's not a challenge, a FP's drop should give upgrade to most of the players who can do it rather than some elite players.

So it's not pug and I believe you are familiar with it before your tried it.

A pug that has troubles with LR-5 is going to have troubles no matter what loot drops.

Changing the LR-5 loot to level 58 gear ISN'T GOING TO IMPROVE PLAYER PERFORMANCE.

I submit to you that it will actually WORSEN player performance, encouraging people to overgear instead of improving skill and strategy.

Most of the players need columi to beat it, especially pugs

It's not a challenge, a FP's drop should give upgrade to most of the players who can do it rather than some elite players.

How about this, the skilled player is rewarded with a LOT of usable loot upgrades.

The mediocre player is rewarded with FEW usable loot upgrades.

How is this not fair?

Edited by Khevar

A pug that has troubles with LR-5 is going to have troubles no matter what loot drops.

Changing the LR-5 loot to level 58 gear ISN'T GOING TO IMPROVE PLAYER PERFORMANCE.

I submit to you that it will actually WORSEN player performance, encouraging people to overgear instead of improving skill and strategy.

But a columi team(which is most of the players who can beat it) could get some upgrade from the boss.

No, it's to let decent players be able to get upgrade.

But a columi team(which is most of the players who can beat it) could get some upgrade from the boss.

No, it's to let decent players be able to get upgrade.

You want a player that requires full Columi to get a direct gear upgrading from fighting every boss in the HM LI. I understand that.

But since HM LI has no lockout, it would become an unlimited Rakata farming spot. This is why dropping one piece of Rakata at the very end is fair.

You want a player that requires full Columi to get a direct gear upgrading from fighting every boss in the HM LI. I understand that.

But since HM LI has no lockout, it would become an unlimited Rakata farming spot. This is why dropping one piece of Rakata at the very end is fair.

2nd paragraph are full of words with wisdom. Listen to Khevar, Khevar knows all ...well as good as Kitru in this case.

Then why couldn't other bosses drop useful stuff? Tier 1 HM FP's bosses drops Exotech and columi(some of them drop columi belt/bracer) implants/earpieces, so Tionese can get upgrade from these bosses as well.

Rakata is not big deal now, even farm those Tier 1 HM and some weekly quests can get BH gears.

Then why couldn't other bosses drop useful stuff? Tier 1 HM FP's bosses drops Exotech and columi(some of them drop columi belt/bracer) implants/earpieces, so Tionese can get upgrade from these bosses as well.

Rakata is not big deal now, even farm those Tier 1 HM and some weekly quests can get BH gears.

I believe the bosses DO drop useful stuff, for those players that are skilled enough to do HM LI without having a complete set of Columi.

And even if you do have a full set, the gear can also be used to upgrade your companions, making dailies go faster.

Let me draw a comparison to Story Mode TfB. The typical non-elite player who goes into TfB, has probably completed:

1. Every T1 HM FP

2. HM LI

3. SM EV

4. SM KP

5. HM EV

6. HM KP

7. SM EC

This player has a very good chance of having 2-4 pieces of Black Hole gear and mostly Rakata on the rest. Yet the entire SM TfB operation drops Rakata and 2 pieces of Black Hole.

There is some content in this game that is difficult. The gear rewards are important yes, but the more skilled you are, the better the rewards (i.e. you don't have to overgear it). I think this is correct, fair, just and right. If you aren't as skilled, you have to overgear the content. This is one of the things that Black Hole comms allow you to do.

Edited by Khevar

In case you hadn't noticed rakata isn't exactly BiS anymore, in fact it's much easier to obtain black hole now than it is to farm the obsolete operation gear.

I believe drops across the board need to be looked at, not just LI HM or harder flashpoints but HM ops as well. Since black hole the gearing system has been a bit backwards, you're likely now to have better gear than half the drops by time you step into a HM op, which is why people tend to stop after they've done their first two bosses for the weekly because there's no point in continuing for lesser gear drops and rewards.

Same with LI HM, what's the point in downing the droid again in the week when you only get some tionese crystals? The sense of achievement fades fast and it becomes a pointless exercise.

There needs to be better drops to keep people playing, even if it's not just better raid gear but something like random cartel market drops or something along those lines.

There needs to be better drops to keep people playing, even if it's not just better raid gear but something like random cartel market drops or something along those lines.

Now THIS I could totally get behind. That would be awesome. Not raid gear but other special loot.

Buy it in the Cartel market with coins, OR have a chance to get that groovy loot as a low-percentage drop from HM FPs or Ops.

Edited by Khevar

I believe the bosses DO drop useful stuff, for those players that are skilled enough to do HM LI without having a complete set of Columi.

And even if you do have a full set, the gear can also be used to upgrade your companions, making dailies go faster.

There is some content in this game that is difficult. The gear rewards are important yes, but the more skilled you are, the better the rewards (i.e. you don't have to overgear it). I think this is correct, fair, just and right. If you aren't as skilled, you have to overgear the content. This is one of the things that Black Hole comms allow you to do.

Most of the groups need at least columi to beat LI, especially pugs, that's the fact, and the game's drop should make sense to the majority. Companion upgrade is not a big deal, since they don't get benefit from set bonus, some Exotech is good enough and easier to farm.

The reward is the most important thing because not many people want to run a FP/OPS again and again if they don't get enough reward.

Most of the groups need at least columi to beat LI, especially pugs, that's the fact, and the game's drop should make sense to the majority. Companion upgrade is not a big deal, since they don't get benefit from set bonus, some Exotech is good enough and easier to farm.

The reward is the most important thing because not many people want to run a FP/OPS again and again if they don't get enough reward.

First, your argument about "most of the game's drop should make sense to the majority" cleverly overlooked my comparison to SM TfB. The same people that can't run HM LI without full Columi+ aren't going to finish SM TfB until they have Rakata/BH. Yet it would be absurd to make SM TfB drop Campaign or Dread Guard.

Thoughts? Comments?

Your second argument about running FP/OPS "again and again" is illogical.

Once you've conquered HM LI, the reasons to run it again and again include:

1. You want the Black Hole comms

2. You like the challenge.

3. You're bringing friends and/or guildies through it

There are probably some others I'm overlooking. But you're not running for the gear that drops in the instance as you already got it. Heck, I still run T1 HM FPs, but it certainly isn't for the Columi tokens ...

Now as far as adding rewards to HM LI to encourage people to run it, I liked the idea of special gear (such as Cartel market gear) or something similar. Something cool, or rare. Not progression gear, but other stuff. THAT would be the bomb.

How about a White +41 Power Crystal with a 1% drop rate? :)

What do you think of that?

Edited by Khevar

Now as far as adding rewards to HM LI to encourage people to run it, I liked the idea of special gear (such as Cartel market gear) or something similar. Something cool, or rare. Not progression gear, but other stuff. THAT would be the bomb.

Hm LI already has that. The Security Droid has a low chance to drop the Midnight Rakling pet, and the Doctor has a chance to drop the Mysterious Egg (which, when hatched, provides you with an Orosquab, which is different than the Orokeet provided by the Unusual Egg). All 6 of the characters that I routinely run Hm LI with (3 tanks and 3 healers) have no need for any of the drops provided, but I still do it because of the pets.

Hm LI already has that. The Security Droid has a low chance to drop the Midnight Rakling pet, and the Doctor has a chance to drop the Mysterious Egg (which, when hatched, provides you with an Orosquab, which is different than the Orokeet provided by the Unusual Egg). All 6 of the characters that I routinely run Hm LI with (3 tanks and 3 healers) have no need for any of the drops provided, but I still do it because of the pets.

Oh I agree with you.

I'm just trying to find some middle ground with Slowpokeking whose been arguing with me over loot drops for days now.

First, your argument about "most of the game's drop should make sense to the majority" cleverly overlooked my comparison to SM TfB. The same people that can't run HM LI without full Columi+ aren't going to finish SM TfB until they have Rakata/BH. Yet it would be absurd to make SM TfB drop Campaign or Dread Guard.

Thoughts? Comments?

TFB HM drops currently the highest Tier right now, and it's pretty much the only way to get some of them, even Nightmare EC only drop part of it. So even if it's hard people are still going to do it, even the SM so they can do HM well.

LI is totally different. Even its Rakata chest is not as good as BH, which only require you to do weekly quests and Tier 1 HM FP. If people can do HM EV/EC to get higher tier gears then TFB has some problems.

Your second argument about running FP/OPS "again and again" is illogical.

Once you've conquered HM LI, the reasons to run it again and again include:

1. You want the Black Hole comms

2. You like the challenge.

3. You're bringing friends and/or guildies through it

There are probably some others I'm overlooking. But you're not running for the gear that drops in the instance as you already got it. Heck, I still run T1 HM FPs, but it certainly isn't for the Columi tokens ...

How about a White +41 Power Crystal with a 1% drop rate? :)

What do you think of that?

No, more useful loot-people are going to run it more, such as the Tier 1 FP, every boss might drop something useful for Tionese(most of the people can do it with tionese). LI is not the case.