Actual Master Loot in Normal Modes

Normal modes aren't really suppose to be something you bring your guild to or even take with the slightest bit of seriousness.

They are a means for casuals to see the content and are tuned to a level of difficulty lower than heroic flashpoints. They are incredibly puggable and have more in common with WoW's LFR than they do with WoW's normal modes.

The choice to make all loot destined to people it probably to account for the fact that they expect people to run this content in pugs rather than as an organized guild.

That still doesn't mean that we shouldn't have some more options when it comes to loot distribution. The second poster is very much like where I'm at. I only need a weapon, yet I get all of the set pieces the newer 50s could use.

A person with no 'purples' could use the gear from normal much more than myself, me going back and helping does nothing for them... if anything harming the raid because gear goes to me that I truly do not need. I'd rather be able to help and pass on gear that I have no need for than get my 3rd pair of gloves/etc.

I repeat. Normal modes are designed around pugs and seeing the content. The fact that they even drop gear at all should be seen as nothing more than a bonus. If you have a group of people each with a pulse and a headset you should have no problems stepping into hardmode content out of the gate. Leave normal to it's design, as a place for non-raiders to raid. Non-raiders don't care about loot and they care even less about loot politics. Edited by mechintel

I repeat. Normal modes are designed around pugs and seeing the content. The fact that they even drop gear at all should be seen as nothing more than a bonus. If you have a group of people each with a pulse and a headset you should have no problems stepping into hardmode content out of the gate. Leave normal to it's design, as a place for non-raiders to raid. Non-raiders don't care about loot and they care even less about loot politics.

Riiiight.

Even so, having the option would be nice.

Edited by Vairau

I repeat. Normal modes are designed around pugs and seeing the content. The fact that they even drop gear at all should be seen as nothing more than a bonus. If you have a group of people each with a pulse and a headset you should have no problems stepping into hardmode content out of the gate. Leave normal to it's design, as a place for non-raiders to raid. Non-raiders don't care about loot and they care even less about loot politics.

Hence the word: OPTION. You don't have to use it if you don't want to.

OPTION also includes not running hard mode flashpoints and just doing normal mode ops since it's so easy. Maybe that is how many want to get geared but with broken loot, they can't. OPTION!

Since it is an OPTION, let's make it broken. Doesn't matter. It's an OPTION. Right? Buggy, broken, useless crap in game that are an OPTION, leave them unfixed. Why? Cause it's an OPTION.

Just because it's an OPTION doesn't mean they should leave it in it's broken state. People are not happy with it. Why leave it at that?

Edited by Renroval

Because being unhappy with it is like being unhappy with operations as a whole because you don't pvp during them. Normal raids accomplish what they are intended to do. They offer quick, relaxed versions of the fights and drop loot in a quick, relaxed way to compliment that. They aren't suppose to be a mechanism for gearing up. Sure you "can" gear up with them, but that isn't the purpose of them.

Casuals always say they don't want the same things that Hardcores want, but offer them something different. Something designed for them, and they still figure out a way to gripe about it.

Because being unhappy with it is like being unhappy with operations as a whole because you don't pvp during them. Normal raids accomplish what they are intended to do. They offer quick, relaxed versions of the fights and drop loot in a quick, relaxed way to compliment that. They aren't suppose to be a mechanism for gearing up. Sure you "can" gear up with them, but that isn't the purpose of them.

Casuals always say they don't want the same things that Hardcores want, but offer them something different. Something designed for them, and they still figure out a way to gripe about it.

Why wouldnt you want to use normal modes to help gear up for Hardmodes? Having a master looting functionality isnt going to break a experience for anyone. Heck last night I decieded to pug one with some people in gen. chat, I had better gear than the entire instance had to offer me, and was automatically awarded loot that I did not need, but another in my group did need.

Yes its tuned so everyone can have access to see the content, that doesnt mean they shouldnt be able to use them to gear for harder content, and you can with comms. from them, but that begs the question. If what you believe is true, why then have gear drops at all? Its not like the normal setting is awarding the same loot as hardmode. And dont go off on some casual v. hardcore junk. Each group doesnt exist without the other.

I dont even know how people could come to the conclution to waste gear just because its a different mode, non of this makes sense in the least.

Why do even care about this topic? This does not affect YOU as you obviously are well past normal mode ops? If this does not affect YOU, move along. If this does affect YOU, then please explain why instead of QQ'ing about the OP having the audacity to suggest such a thing.

If the current normal mode ops auto-assign gear system is such a GOOD system, then lets just apply it to hardmode ops and Nightmare mode ops (something that would affect YOU) and lets see how well you like it.

The suggestion by the OP would an OPTION, groups would not have to use it (probably would need some sort of enable function that all group members would have to agree this before it is enabled to protect PUGs). It would help guild OPs groups that have experienced members trying to gear up newer ops members - instead of gear begin auto assigned to members who don't need it, it would go to members who actually need it.

And, believe it or not, normal mode ops IS meant to gear up people for hardmode ops. Your suggestion that isn't and is just a bonus method of obtaining gear is ludicrous. If random loot drops in HM FPs were actually working well instead of being about 90% trooper/smuggler drops, that might be an alternative, but it is not working well at the current time.

The loot system in normal modes is a complete failure. I run weekend raids to introduce new 50's to the PVE content, I myself am in FULL T2-T3 and I am given 126 and T2 items (1-4 items a week that get vendored). HM and NM have loot systems that work. This is not about me wanting to ML (my raids run on group loot for NM mode).

I would love to give people the gear they need instead of it getting vendored. The auto-loot has no intelligent AI and doesn't take into account what the person is wearing.

They also need to add a /roll command to settle loot disputes in addition to making the items tradeable to those who participated in the raid for the kill with a 1-2 hour grace period so if something get mislooted or mis-assigned (normal failure loot system) you can trade it so loot doesn't get wasted.

You sound like some dumb little kid brah.

Mechintel is 100% right

Complain all you want (and complain you will), but normals are NOT meant to be used to gear up for hard modes. Normals ARE meant to be pugged and so the sole reason why there is no master looter option is because pugs, according to bw, are *****. The slightest possibility that ninja looting is possible is the only reason why ML is not available. Normal 8 mans drop the exact same loot, minus trinkets, as hard 4 mans. If you want to gear up the path given to you by bw is hm 4 mans. 8 mans are for content purposes only and yes you really should feel lucky that they drop loot at all.

Mechintel is 100% right

Complain all you want (and complain you will), but normals are NOT meant to be used to gear up for hard modes. Normals ARE meant to be pugged and so the sole reason why there is no master looter option is because pugs, according to bw, are *****. The slightest possibility that ninja looting is possible is the only reason why ML is not available. Normal 8 mans drop the exact same loot, minus trinkets, as hard 4 mans. If you want to gear up the path given to you by bw is hm 4 mans. 8 mans are for content purposes only and yes you really should feel lucky that they drop loot at all.

I am curious - are you part of the Bioware development team? You have internal knowledge/memos/personal contacts where you know exactly the purpose of normal mode ops? Somehow, I doubt it. Since HM FPs and Normal mode OPs drop the same loot (minus trinkets as you said), could it *possibly* be that they share the same purpose? Nah, I guess that would be too logical.

Since you are taking Mechintel's position, please share with us how this OPTION would affect YOU personally, other than by hurting your ego at the thought that players in normal mode ops may actually obtain gear in a more efficient, less RNG, fashion (or that gasp, they would have the same looting options as available to HM ops).

Oh, and your statement that "you should feel lucky that they drop loot at all". Sir, please send your resume immediately to Bioware as I am sure that they could really use your genius in game development. Because, ya know, lots and lots of players would love investing 1-3 hours in an operations just for content purposes without any loot dropping.

Don't worry guys, the hard mode version of master loot is so much better, in that one you don't even have to worry about assigning or getting any loot at all while their customers service is like "lolol noobs didn't you know there was an arbitrary bug that required you to have the op leader loot first if you wanted loot" (actually who am I kidding, they just don't reply).

I'm sure mechintel has a perfect explanation as to how this fits their design goals as well. :rolleyes:

Edited by Morthis

8 mans are for content purposes only and yes you really should feel lucky that they drop loot at all.

I should feel lucky that a game I'm paying for is doing me a (at very best) basic service? Did your mother drop you as a child?

-Normal modes should have the option of master looter

-People do use them to gear up for hard modes

-Guilds do and should run together, saying otherwise is stupid

-It doesn't make any sense to have any content "for pugs only"

-Having normal mode 8 mans drop less gear but having the option to chose who gets what would prevent people from getting too geared too fast while not pissing people off. **

Argue all you want, but these things are true and they are an oversight by the developers.

**I don't know about you, but I'd rather not get any drops in a run than see my guildie get another peice of gear she/he doesn't need but knows I do. It pisses me off and makes him/her feel bad.