Imperial huttball advantage due to crate on republic side's pit.

Order-Sixty-Six

So instead of crossing firepits I've noticed imps (physics mainly) starting to jump into the crate located in frogdog's pit and wait for others to get to the endzone for a pass. This makes it slightly more difficult for republic to kill their ball carrier.

As a republic ball carrier I get no such advantage, and run the ball without getting places to hide from the 5 people following me.

Just remove the crate, or add one to their side that I can hop into as well. It's kind of cheap and it's difficult enough with every imp rolling a powertech or sorc.

So instead of crossing firepits I've noticed imps (physics mainly) starting to jump into the crate located in frogdog's pit and wait for others to get to the endzone for a pass. This makes it slightly more difficult for republic to kill their ball carrier.

As a republic ball carrier I get no such advantage, and run the ball without getting places to hide from the 5 people following me.

Just remove the crate, or add one to their side that I can hop into as well. It's kind of cheap and it's difficult enough with every imp rolling a powertech or sorc.

I know who you're talking about...

Come to think of it, I never actually stopped and realized that the crate was non-existent in the rotworm pit. Meanwhile, people that are in the pit cannot pull that person back into the pit because they're well out of LoS.

LOL... All i know is I have been knocked into that crate from the top and couldn't get out and killed almost instantly. So, instead of calling out a group of players (just cuz you get stomped by them every time), try focusing the target and kill them. It's just that easy. Oh wait... Look who I'm talking to... Sorry.

It has its boons and its banes. When you're in it, you can't usually be pulled or grappled (including friendly pulls) due to LoS. You CAN pass it out (or charge/intercede, - and I know to whom you're referring to, but it's usually only one member being silly; it's not all of physics, mind you) only if you jump (which would also let enemies have LoS to hostile pull you into the fire) so best advice is to simply save your pull/grapple until they're either jumping to pass/charge/intercede or to use it on any potential passing/intercede-to targets he might be waiting for.

Hell, you CAN even pull/grapple someone out of it if you actually bothered to try a better angle without any possible LoS obstructions (I remember when said person said "oh, don't worry, I'm in the dumpster, they can't pu-" and next thing ya know, " 'Insert player's name here' has been defeated" after watching him get grappled into fire). Ranged (long) can still attack people in there so long as they can manage LoS; AoE's (ground-targeted) almost always hit them if you target the top of the outside rim, but yeah... healers have a fairly easy time healing someone who's in there. Melees (including sins/shadows and PT's/VG's) are at a disadvantage, and only way for them to damage someone in there (well, bulk of their damage, that is) is for them to get in it as well.

Should it be removed? Maybe. If not, there should be one on both sides.

It has its boons and its banes. When you're in it, you can't usually be pulled or grappled (including friendly pulls) due to LoS. You CAN pass it out (or charge/intercede, - and I know to whom you're referring to, but it's usually only one member being silly; it's not all of physics, mind you) only if you jump (which would also let enemies have LoS to hostile pull you into the fire) so best advice is to simply save your pull/grapple until they're either jumping to pass/charge/intercede or to use it on any potential passing/intercede-to targets he might be waiting for.

Hell, you CAN even pull/grapple someone out of it if you actually bothered to try a better angle without any possible LoS obstructions (I remember when said person said "oh, don't worry, I'm in the dumpster, they can't pu-" and next thing ya know, " 'Insert player's name here' has been defeated" after watching him get grappled into fire). Ranged (long) can still attack people in there so long as they can manage LoS; AoE's (ground-targeted) almost always hit them if you target the top of the outside rim, but yeah... healers have a fairly easy time healing someone who's in there. Melees (including sins/shadows and PT's/VG's) are at a disadvantage, and only way for them to damage someone in there (well, bulk of their damage, that is) is for them to get in it as well.

Should it be removed? Maybe. If not, there should be one on both sides.

I know it's steve that loves to troll with it, I can't really use my pull on him when he's in there because he'll just guardian leap, force leap, or pass it to someone in the endzone the moment I do - so that's what I have to save it for. I have killed him in there before but it's more difficult when you're losing the rest of your DPS teammates on a tank.

I don't mind it being there, or him looking for a strategical advantage. I just want one myself on your side - or I want it gone on both. Simple enough yes?

Edited by Order-Sixty-Six

LOL... All i know is I have been knocked into that crate from the top and couldn't get out and killed almost instantly. So, instead of calling out a group of players (just cuz you get stomped by them every time), try focusing the target and kill them. It's just that easy. Oh wait... Look who I'm talking to... Sorry.

I don't get stomped by physics every time. Only when I have republic's retarded pugs that don't understand that steve or skillmatic can leap to them in our endzone. So its only almost everytime.

Idk who you are or why you're getting personal, but if you don't understand how line of sight works I suggest you leave.

Edited by Order-Sixty-Six

Another small advantage for the Rotworms is the small wall vs the sandbags on the Frogdog ramp, I have to go a little wider on the ramp before using sprint for a ball ninja off the start. Not a huge thing but definately a few points of a second. so all things being equal the Rotworms should win that race every time.

Nine months in and there are still these "little" PvP advantages to playing Imp over Rep.

I don't want to win because the referee keeps poking my oponent in the eye when he's concentrating. Either make no pretense at balanced sides and I dunno actually invent classes that are different for each side or if you are going to mirror image things check it out before release and fire the people who "didnt realise that would give my favourite side an advantage"