How much does a light sith accept the jedi?

Deshiel

Just like any other sith,or with more understanding and less prejudice?

They both follow the light path, but I can imagine that if a light sith warrior had to cross paths with a jedi, they would fight sooner or later.

Edited by Deshiel

I'd imagine the Light-Sith would "accept" the Jedi, but still see them as an opponent. Although, an opponent they respect rather than hate.

Sort of like how a soldier would view his enemy. You may not hate him personally, but they are still on the other side of a war. Even if you do agree with their ideas, you still fight for what you know.

Light Sith and evil Jedi don't make sense to me. Light Sith = liable to wind up dead by friendly 'accident' back at Korriban itself. Dark Jedi.. would never have been trained, they scorned 2 people for being in love and refused to train 1 guy simply because he got someone else to lift a boulder for him.

Now beyond that I can't fathom how either actually survived there training phases.

Dunno about evil jedi.

But you'll find out in the game that light siths are hunted down by the standart sith.

if your character is light, your actions will trigger some rude comments and fights.

How did a light sith survive his training? He doesn't think twice before killing, but he'll show mercy if you surrender.

A light side sith and a Jedi are completely diffrent.

A sith wants to bend the force to his will while the jedi wants to become one with the force, the trooper metaphor is good but I'd rather name them followers of diffrent ideologies.

contrary to popular belief the sith are not "evil"

The sith code is not Kill everyone and be a homicidal maniac.

The sith code is based around strength. it can even be very honorable.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. (strife and conflict are crucibles through which a sith is forged. It is not peace is a lie there is only murder...)

Through passion, I gain strength. (this is very similar to many other games/books. Off the top of my head Drizzt and entreri. Drizzt was passionate in his fighting, entreri was passionless. Both were amazing)

Through Strength, I gain power (again, does not say through murder and being a homicidal maniac. This states that passion gives them the strength to take power.)

Through power, I gain victory(the strong prosper, the weak fail.)

Through Victory, my chains are broken (these are not literal chains. These are the chains of the psyche)

At no points within the sith code does it state that you have to murder everyone you come across, ****, pillage, and be a jerk.

Someone who follows this code can be quite honorable, noble, and even compassionate. As a matter of fact, I would expect Sith to be MORE compassionate than jedi.. Jedi do not feel compassion, or they shouldn't, as they should not FEEL at all. They should act upon what is logical. I.e. If it will serve the peace better to annihilate a colony of twi'leks, than they should do it without a thought. They do not Love, or Care, or Hate... They have no passion, and therefore, no soul.

This is why a light side Sith does not accept a dark side jedi. At their core, they are still Jedi. The tenants of their order are in diametric opposition to ours. However, due to our code, and our passions, you will be more apt to find acceptance among the sith for your dark side Jedi. Through strong conflict, and great strength you will gain respect. Respect garnishes friendship. Which is passionate!

At some point in the game you meet a hologram of an ancient light side Sith now long dead. He was still for the empire but thought the teachings of the Sith were wrong. You can choose to bring his teachings back to the Sith in hopes of changing them to take on a more light side path or destroy the hologram because you see it as blasphemy. Edited by ClayPeopleCry

I personally don't think that Sith/Jedi should be given an option.

Dark for Sith and Light for Jedi.

The other non-force classes should be given Dark/Light options.

Just my opinion.

I agree for at least the Prologue of the story, so that you can "go through training then see how the real world works, and respond to it as you see fit." In training, Jedi and Sith Masters would be able to immediately sense your intentions when you lie (Jedi) or confess (Sith), but once you get out into the Galaxy, how many common folk are supposed to sense your emotions? On both sides, they all just naturally assume you will follow your Order's reputation, so they won't question you one way or the other. I also think that if you do develop down the opposite path, that you should be given 1-3 opportunities somewhere around Lvl 45-50 to switch sides.

Also, I can see how you could have a Light Sith in this time period, but Dark Jedi doesn't exactly make sense. In-Universe, Dark Jedi are just fallen Jedi that embrace the Dark Side when there is no current organized Sith faction in the galaxy at the time of their fall (e.g. Exar Kun, Kyp Durron, Jacen Solo, and Revan-Malak before they found the Emperor), but since there is an organized Sith faction, as soon as the Jedi who doesn't want to follow the strict Code graduates from Tython, he would make contact with the Sith, officially join them, but act as a spy in the Jedi ranks, reporting back to the Sith.

SPOILERS: A Light Sith on the other hand would be an individual that was born from the Sith Empire, forced to train at Korriban, but doesn't desire needless bloodshed, and may show mercy when severe punishment isn't absolutely necessary. JK encounters such a Sith (Pureblood) and has the option of convincing him to join the Jedi Order.

As far as I'm concerned there's no such thing as a light sith or a dark jedi. A dark Jedi is a Jedi who is on the path to the Dark Side (Anakin racking up dark side points in the prequels). A light Sith is a more cerebral Sith, you'd be hard pressed to call the majority of the light side Sith actions "good". They would rather let you live and use you later than Force Choke you and replace you. A light Sith would still look on the Jedi with disdain, their teachings are pretty flatly opposed to Sith doctrine. If a Sith rejects Sith doctrine, he's not a Sith anymore, he's arguably on the path to redemption.

I believe that the sith would accept the jedi much more if they didn't follow thier ICH BIN EMOTIONLESS ROBOT TOOL" ideology

the sith live in fear of being betrayed and controled.

and here comes the jedi, the manifestation of what they fear and hate.

Edited by Deshiel

I play light side Sith Warrior lvl 50.

I follow the teachings of Sith Lord Kel'eth Ur:

"Fear is a lie, passion a lie. Fear gives temporary power and passion is easily manipulated. Real strength in the Force comes when one is no longer afraid. One can purge fear when one stops grasping - after power, after things, after life itself - and allows the Force to guide him. There is only the Force."

When I meet a Jedi, I respect him and try to avoid the fight if possible. If we share the same goal, I welcome the possiblity of cooperation. After the cooperation ends, we part ways peacefully.

Same goes for Republic troops. There is a peace treaty currently in place after all. Some Sith want war with the Republic, I am not one of them. I see the war as an unnecessary risk. In my eyes, neither side is prepared for it.

Edited by Jedlosson

Light Sith and evil Jedi don't make sense to me. Light Sith = liable to wind up dead by friendly 'accident' back at Korriban itself. Dark Jedi.. would never have been trained, they scorned 2 people for being in love and refused to train 1 guy simply because he got someone else to lift a boulder for him.

Now beyond that I can't fathom how either actually survived there training phases.

Darkside Jedi is a falling story and Lightside Sith is a redepmtion...lightside doesn't start sunshine for sith and Jedi don't start KILLZ ZEE BABIES

For instance, I recent got lightside point as my SI for putting down a rebellion efficiently, as opposed to torturing them to death. Didn't think twice about killing them, but I didn't pick the "that' disgusting" option (a.k.a. darkside).

I don't believe that every light sith is seeking redemption.

Only a sith who was talked into redemption by a jedi might see it that way. Because they would make them feel responsible for bad things that they didn't care about in the past.

the sith warrior/ inqusitor story shows them being mercifull from the beginning, in the manner that they were always like that. Not afraid to hide or question thier own nature and feelings.

Personally I see the Jedi philosophy as foolish, for example the Jedi's attempts to be pure Light and to shield themselves from anything that could lead to the Dark Side, such as recruiting infants, forbidding contact with families, marriages, children, and other attachments, and otherwise avoiding any possible competing loyalty leads them to become isolated from and clueless about the people they were supposed to protect. Plus Jedi's attempts to purge oneself of emotion sometimes leads to disturbing cold acts such as leaving the Outer Rim to be slaughtered by Mandalorians. My RP Light Sith believes that it is much better to enjoy life and use emotion, yet still have the willpower to use the negative emotions Sith use to gain power without becoming evil. Also as a note the Dark Side philosophy is not inherently evil it only makes one use emotion to gain power. So I consider my Light Side Sith a user of both sides of The Force.

A light side Sith is steadfastly loyal to the Sith Empire. He believes in order, maintains an open mind, and may even show some measure of mercy and honor. He does this because he believes that these traits best advance the Empire. He is not an insane killer like dark side Sith are. He does not carry that self destructive streak that see the end of so many of his brethren. But make no mistake, he is an enemy of the Republic and believes firmly in the dominion of the Emperor. He will do whatever he has to do to triumph.

A dark side Jedi will do anything to prevail. He sees the Sith Empire as a force of evil and believes that the ideals of the Republic will be its undoing. He is more than willing to out-horrify his enemies by becoming even more brutal and ruthless than they are. He believes that only by beating the Sith with their own methods will they ever be truly defeated and so he walks a much darker path than most of his brethren.

What the posters above me said.

After discussing it with a friend I have come to understand that the Sith Code is not evil. It utilizes emotion to achieve strength and become even stronger. The only problem comes in the inability to restrain oneself from continuing to use these emotions when you don't need them.

I've noticed through my class story lines the the ones who say "I hate/ disdain/ despise said person" clearly cannot control their emotions. Light-Side Sith just don't want to cause unnecessary violence or bloodshed; but if they have to they will.

The Jedi code to me seems far more corruptible than the Sith code. Being passionless means you don't feel anything and not feeling the pain and sorrow of those that need your help just makes you look like an ***. Taking kids from their parents that they'll never see again, forbidding relationships and forcing people to do odd jobs because they were frustrated? Sounds like "purge weakness" to me. At least the Sith are honest about it.

Also facing a Dark-Sided Jedi would seem like a very scary thought. Someone without compassion or a need for negotiations and would rather stab you than cooperate is with-out a doubt ungodly creepy.

Though a LSS and a DSJ fighting each other would be awesome to watch.

light side is not always good. For example as a sith there is an option to spare an npc, when you return to the quest giver they asked me why, i told them the npc has vast information and will be more useful alive.... through torture... so yeah light side options are not always good, killing them could be the merciful thing if you can anticipate the fate that awaits them

This is my theory about Light / dark aligment for each faction:

Both Light-sided Sith and Dark-sided Jedi are the "Renegades" within their respective faction.

Neutral sith and jedi are the "common denominator"

Both Dark-sided Sith and Light-sided Jedi are the "Paragons" within their respective faction.

Hope this helps!;)

I play light side Sith Warrior lvl 50.

I follow the teachings of Sith Lord Kel'eth Ur:

"Fear is a lie, passion a lie. Fear gives temporary power and passion is easily manipulated. Real strength in the Force comes when one is no longer afraid. One can purge fear when one stops grasping - after power, after things, after life itself - and allows the Force to guide him. There is only the Force."

When I meet a Jedi, I respect him and try to avoid the fight if possible. If we share the same goal, I welcome the possiblity of cooperation. After the cooperation ends, we part ways peacefully.

Same goes for Republic troops. There is a peace treaty currently in place after all. Some Sith want war with the Republic, I am not one of them. I see the war as an unnecessary risk. In my eyes, neither side is prepared for it.

If you are level 50 the peace treaty has been broken. How did you make it through Correlia?

Edited by Parali
mild spoiler - tags added