Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Hey everyone,

I wanted to make sure you were all aware that we have definitely not forgot about the APAC server concerns that all of you have. We are still very actively looking at all possible solutions and I will make sure that you are updated as soon as I have more information!

-eric

You have to be kidding me... 6 months and 4 copy & paste responses later your still stalling this.. this is down right pathetic and your stalling tactic is criminal. You have every possible solution presented to you. it is clear that the majority of people just want the server merge to happen you have the ability. just merge the servers then 2-3 weeks later give people the opportunity to move to another server in US if they so desire. It is actually that simple, stop wasting our time with key filler words such as "aware" "forgot" "looking" "soon" JUST DO IT ALREADY!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

I wanted to make sure you were all aware that we have definitely not forgot about the APAC server concerns that all of you have. We are still very actively looking at all possible solutions and I will make sure that you are updated as soon as I have more information!

-eric

I was going to say that I am shocked that you consider us to be such incredible morons that you would actually make a response like that, but apparently it has appeased some people.

Go tell whoever told you to make that statement that it's insulting and inflammatory

Edited by phyzix-

Can any one explain why some people are recommending we boycott APAC servers and consolidate on The US Harbinger server ??? why wouldn't we consolidate on say Gav Daragon for example which has the consistently higher population of the 3 APAC servers? allowing us to still enjoy very good latency??? seems logical to me?

No one Roleplay's of GD so its pretty much the same as Dalborra and as for Master Dar’Nala the only difference between a PVP server and a PVE server is world PVP. No one really engages in world PVP cause there's low population on Master Dar’Nala.

Duplicitous? Disengenious? Uncaring? These words spring to mind, but I know its not true, it cant be true.

Surely a Company as large as Bioware EA would have exemplary customer service and attention to all its subscriber base..

Your right, of course they do

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

You got me to laugh out loud despite being furious for receiving horrible customer service. Hell, it was horrible 4 months ago, it's gone way past that.

You apparently have never hear of EA before.

I'm really regretting not quitting months ago and the money I spent on the cartel market.

Edited by phyzix-

You have to be kidding me... 6 months and 4 copy & paste responses later your still stalling this.. this is down right pathetic and your stalling tactic is criminal. You have every possible solution presented to you. it is clear that the majority of people just want the server merge to happen you have the ability. just merge the servers then 2-3 weeks later give people the opportunity to move to another server in US if they so desire. It is actually that simple, stop wasting our time with key filler words such as "aware" "forgot" "looking" "soon" JUST DO IT ALREADY!

Who says that all of us who ask for a transfer want to move to a US server?

Some of you presume to much i think,as for me and i'm sure some other people who plays on APAC server

prefer to be transfered to a EU server,so if this is going to happen PLEASE give us the option to choose to move our characters in a EU/US server,but don't force us to move in a US server if we don't want it.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

You got me to laugh out loud despite being furious for receiving horrible customer service. Hell, it was horrible 4 months ago, it's gone way past that.

You apparently have never hear of EA before.

I'm really regretting not quitting months ago and the money I spent on the cartel market.

Perhaps you need to grab a dictionary and look up the word sarcasm.

Although its not a liquid, that post of mine drips with it...

hey everyone,

i wanted to make sure you were all aware that we have definitely not forgot about the apac server concerns that all of you have. We are still very actively looking at all possible solutions and i will make sure that you are updated as soon as i have more information!

-eric

see you in 6 months then!

Hey everyone,

-eric

didn't we have this post about a month ago?

open free transfers to US and consolidate all 3 in 1.

Is it really that hard?

Can any one explain why some people are recommending we boycott APAC servers and consolidate on The US Harbinger server ??? why wouldn't we consolidate on say Gav Daragon for example which has the consistently higher population of the 3 APAC servers? allowing us to still enjoy very good latency??? seems logical to me?

No one Roleplay's of GD so its pretty much the same as Dalborra and as for Master Dar’Nala the only difference between a PVP server and a PVE server is world PVP. No one really engages in world PVP cause there's low population on Master Dar’Nala.

While I will concede the fact that Gav Daragon has the consistently highest population, I don't think that's necessarily a good reason to transfer to that server. Mostly because, even while you say that RP is generally light, there will still be rules lawyers out there who would whine and whine and whine about people ignoring RP. If they changed Gav Daragon to PVE server instead of RP-PVE, then I would whole-heartedly agree with you. As it is, I feel a merge to Dalborra is the optimal choice, as it presents fewer 'challenges' for the Devs.

About Gav Daragon..

The highest pop Oceaninc server is easily Dalborra.

Ligh, Medium or Heavy in the server selection screen, has NOTHING to do with the total amount of players on the server, it has to do with the percentage of the servers players who are online at the time.

ie 500 toons on Gav Dargon with 250 online = medium pop (50% of pop online)

5000 toons on Dalborra with 500 players online = Light pop (10% online)

Server load is a percantage of the total player base on that server, and not a set number.

This has been pointed out many many times.

Log onto Dalborra and then Gav Daragon and check for yourself..

About Gav Daragon..

Ligh, Medium or Heavy in the server selection screen, has NOTHING to do with the total amount of players on the server, it has to do with the percentage of the servers players who are online at the time.

Server load is a percantage of the total player base on that server, and not a set number.

Exactly, I went and had a look when it showed heavy, and there were 22 people on the fleet in prime time. and no, there was only 1 instance.

Edited by Mowermanx

Can you please offer more than 3 words...? why is making efforts to increase player population not the answer?

Its got to be better than nothing. I.E waiting for Bioware to do something...how long has it been now...

Because similar focus has been suggested before and been discredited by logical arguements. Such as most friends you would invite who are unwilling to pay or download 20GB are rarely going to be consistant players, as it stands F2P players already have not made any impact on Group Finder and Warzones except in the generally lowest levels. If these are players you invite, when they play are most likely wanting to play with you as the friend who invited them, again not bolstering the opertunities of the server a higher population of general players provides. Even after all the above, this figure would logically average less than one friend per player on the server who is not playing because they are not willing to DL 20gb, not really going to save the server.

Certainly, when GD started a server website on Enjin and tried to get word of mouth spread to friends to get more players didn't change our server for the better.

Hey everyone,

-eric

Congrats on this thankless job Eric but your first action in the role for many of us is now to keep urinating on us and calling it rain. 'Very actively' is a term I imagine was actually descriptive of Bioware employees from the decision to impliment F2P to the implimentation of F2P. You can even say you are all being very active about 2.0 and Makeb, which are indeed important to the success of the game. But a single person working very actively for a single day could have made a call on this.

We all want action, it is long over due. If you can't do that can you tell us what is being discussed, what has been rejected. Tell us something other than what you have told us before, repeatedly?

I believe the technical term is 'Golden Shower'...

Just FYI...

Back to work, then.

See I always thought Golden shower had a sexual connotation as opposed to the disrespectful treatment observed here. Though now I have a completely different idea of what I imagine EA and Bioware offices look like.

Hey everyone,

-eric

An outline of Biowares plan for the APAC servers (if you have one) would be more appreciated than more of the "we're watching and evaluating" posts we have been getting for the last six months.

You have had plenty of options / opinions / fixes posted by the APAC community already, Bioware needs to man up and make a decision.

A solution must be implemented before the Makeb expansion.

Perhaps you need to grab a dictionary and look up the word sarcasm.

Although its not a liquid, that post of mine drips with it...

Oops, sorry, rereading I get that better now, wasn't in the state of mind to get it earlier I guess XD

This is still outrageous horse hockey and I still regret giving them as much money as I have though :p

I should have seen this coming when I saw those 2 dreaded letters . . . E . . . A

About Gav Daragon..

Not true. FYI I have toons on all 3. I'm not trying to be right I'm simply stating the obvious. Why do you think when you goto server selection like I just did now. GD is the only one on standard for population density when the other two are light.

While I will concede the fact that Gav Daragon has the consistently highest population, I don't think that's necessarily a good reason to transfer to that server. Mostly because, even while you say that RP is generally light, there will still be rules lawyers out there who would whine and whine and whine about people ignoring RP. If they changed Gav Daragon to PVE server instead of RP-PVE, then I would whole-heartedly agree with you. As it is, I feel a merge to Dalborra is the optimal choice, as it presents fewer 'challenges' for the Devs.

I see where your comming from, however take into consideration the state of things...no one and I mean no one is moderating the RP on this server. The general banter that goes on in channels is not RP its non offensive if people want to RP I assume they do that in hardcore RP guilds.

I guess at the end of the day, we need to all agree on a server and go there even if it means starting again.. Going to a US server is just stoopid. No doubt people suggesting this never migrated all there toons when they had the chance....

Edited by Thepainfairy

I just done a quick test, as you said, Gav showing standard and Dal is light.

4.20pm

Dalborra fleet imp, 52

Dalborra Kaas imp, 52

Dalborra fleet rep, 66

Dalborra coruscant rep, 60

Gav fleet rep, 16

Gav coruscant rep, 30

Dont have a imp high enough on gav, but you can see quite clearly the discrepancy.

Yes, this has been explained before. The population status is displayed relative to the capacity of the server .

The population status is counted as percentages of the total server slots taken.

Let's say that Gav has 100 player slots. That means that 100 people can be online at the same time. If there's only 40 people on, it will be Standard Population.

However, Dalborra has 1000 player slots. If there's 250 players on, it says it's Light Population.

So the status actually tells you what % of the server slots are occupied, not how many people are online.

not like Bioware / EA gives a rats but i'm cancelling my sub as of right now - its a damn shame that they can't get their act together and fix something that clearly can't be that bloody hard

so good work Bioware / EA - you've done a fantastic job of ruining what could of been and should of been the top MMORPG

The way i see it you have a whole market in this part of the world that is being very poorly managed atm. I mean you guys haven't even really began to scratch the surface of the Asian market. Other companies are cashing in big time from this area and you seem to be doing the opposite.