Relaxed Vestments Chest

Elminster_cs

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That armor is cursed. CURSED i say... i keep having issues with it every few months. Just delete from the game and refund the mods, its obvious at this point that you ether trolling us with it, or made it somehow so complex in textures you cant keep it in the game bug free.

And how do you propose they do automated testing for a visual bug Mr Smartypants?

Because the way it looks is still represented in code... so if it says

IF CHARACTER IS MALE SKIN COLOR ONE THEN USE relaxedmaletint1.jpg

IF CHARACTER IS FEMALE SKIN COLOR ONE THEN USE relaxedfemaletint1.jpg

and instead it says

IF CHARACTER THEN USE relaxedfemale.jpg

Well, then Austin, we have a problem...

That's a very simplified example, but it suffices to explain that even as it's a visual bug, if a programmer knows their code they should be able to see why it's happening.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

[fanboymode = off ]

Okay, seriously Bioware, we PAID for this outfit. Sure, I am a subscriber so I get "free" coins but I also buy a lot of coins too. So, fix the damn Cartel Market items already!!!!!!

Have to agree. I don't enjoy paying for a product, first as a subscriber and then cartel coins only to have the product not work. If memory serves, I got this set from the hypercrate purchase which was close to $40 for the 24 pack. So that on top of a subscription fee means I and others have sunk quite a bit into how our characters look. It's not unreasonable to expect a quick fix for a very clear visual bug. Please resolve this quickly.

This probably has less to do with coding than you would think. It's most likely due to a problem with the UV and Texture file for that particular chest armor.

Which would make it... the coding of that particular file. If the game is displaying the female version on men, that's a coding issue. The color problems could be related or separate.

Which would make it... the coding of that particular file. If the game is displaying the female version on men, that's a coding issue. The color problems could be related or separate.

No UVs and Texture files are picture files, a UV is a file that tells a rendering engine how to apply a texture file onto a 3d model. You don't code out a texture or UV file, when you make a UV (one of the jobs that almost no one wants in a game studio) you cut up the model and lay it out on a flat 2d image file. Then an artist will paint over it to get the model to have the desired color. You can also apply a few other layers which affect the way a model looks to give it a fair amount of detail which is not really there, but that would still relate to the UVs and the Texture files. Coders don't, or at least shouldn't have anything to do with any of these files, they are all in the artists domain of expertise. UVs and textures only relate to the color going everywhere, not to the female chest armor model showing up on male characters.

As to the female model displaying on the male characters it could simply be that someone deleted the Male model from the game, and then the game had no recourse but to display the female model on male characters. This could have also been the cause of the color bleed error, but unless some one with yellow text explains it to us we will probably never know the real cause of the problem. The really important thing though is that it is supposed to be fixed now. I haven't been in game yet though, nor do I actually use it on any of my characters, and it doesn't matter too much to me so I won't use my collections window to verify it. Either way unless I see it is not working on the live servers, then I won't continue to post here, and will be removing my subscription to this thread.