Class Representatives Are Here!

EricMusco

Just to head off any nitpicking, it is 6 questions. Updated my post. Still should not take more than a couple of hours for a professional team to hash out.

Pretty much this. I would like to think that the combat team (if it is a team a this point) should have a grasp on how every class and spec is designed and should work in PvP and PvE.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you do realize that neither courtney nor eric write those answers, right?

I at least have enough faith that Eric Musco would've looked Austen Peckerpaugh in the eyes and said, really? You want to tell the community to heal to full?

Courtney I know just took the message and gave it to us.

Also I want someone who may have a clue about pvp to act as our filter or communication device. At least we can tell eric has been combing through reading through our feedback, supposedly. Courtney? Doubt she can even understand a tenth of it, if she did she wouldn't have let her boss post the heal to full fiasco. Or gone home and rested peacefully on a friday not realizing that she her boss had just created a PR nightmare.

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately I am the bearer of bad news today. It looks like the Combat Team will need some more time to finish your questions, so we will be posting these next week. While it may seem like a quick and easy thing to answer these questions, the team wants to make sure you receive thorough answers, which does take time. I understand this is not ideal, but we appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay!

Edited by CourtneyWoods

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately I am the bearer of bad news today. It looks like the Combat Team will need some more time to finish your questions, so we will be posting these next week. While it may seem like a quick and easy thing to answer these questions, the team wants to make sure you receive thorough answers, which does take time. I understand this is not ideal, but we appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay!

I think the combat team should answer for their own shortcomings so you don't have to rationalize for them...

Hey everyone,

ask them to finish their answers before the weekend print them out and to put them under their Pillows.

if they awake with a Headache, rewrite, even if it is a one more week delay.

How hard can this be? Their last response boiled down to "maybe you just aren't good enough to play the class" and "well, you can heal to full, so that should be good enough". What's different about this one? They trying to find a better way of wording "We know it's broken, but there isn't much we can/will do to fix it."

As someone pointed out in another thread, maybe you guys should work on a unified vision of what the Advanced Classes should be. And then get someone with actual communication skills to disseminate that to the community. At the very least, it would be a nice change of pace from the last 2 years.

Hey everyone,

This makes me lol at all the people turning in their chairs in anger right now.

Hey everyone,

Courtney,

This is completely disrespectful to us. I accept your apology because I choose to believe that you actually are sorry. However, this is yet another time in which your company says one thing and does not align its manpower to effectively achieve that goal. So you may be sorry, but your company's actions continue to demonstrate that as a unit you all do not care enough about your professional work ethic to ensure you meet the goals that you all set for yourself.

As far as taking time, we were told that the devs had been looking into shadow tank spikiness for months. For my job, I was given two tasks yesterday (9/25) to write 500 word essays nominating people that I barely know for awards that I don't think they merited, but I wrote 1000 words about how my company thinks they are deserving and why in addition to my standard 9-hour workload. It took me 90 minutes to answer the question of why they should get these awards. The fact that your entire combat team cannot take the same time to answer six questions about something they are supposed to be experts in is deplorable. It seems that they are either incompetent or uncaring. Professionals accomplish what they are capable of regardless of whether they care or not.

We will now be waiting 18 days between posting questions and receiving answers. 80 hours per team member at 40 hours a week. I am trying to be very respectful, but unless these "thorough" answers are essay-length, you are misleading us and treating us with disdain.

Hey everyone,

If it takes more time to get us a detailed response including data backing the developer point of view and a list of possible changes and their ramifications, that's fine. Please do not disappoint. If after taking extra time to provide answers that amount to the nonsense Sages and Scoundrels received, the community is going to flip out.

The thing is if devs had taken a quick look at the class forums while the questions were still being discussed, they would have had a general idea of what is going to be asked as far as a month ago (the problems of AC's are so clear most of the time that 2 out of 3 questions is obvious during the course of discussion among players).

Also, like others said if answers were really detailed with mathematical arguments and such it would be acceptable but now it just seems unprofessional

Well, whats another few days really, not to say it dosent dissapoint me. But I suppose if it's needed it's needed. For me personally it's the content of the answers that are important, whenever we get them won't change what they are going to say I imagine, so I'll wait and see.

Courtney,

This is completely disrespectful to us. I accept your apology because I choose to believe that you actually are sorry. However, this is yet another time in which your company says one thing and does not align its manpower to effectively achieve that goal. So you may be sorry, but your company's actions continue to demonstrate that as a unit you all do not care enough about your professional work ethic to ensure you meet the goals that you all set for yourself.

As far as taking time, we were told that the devs had been looking into shadow tank spikiness for months. For my job, I was given two tasks yesterday (9/25) to write 500 word essays nominating people that I barely know for awards that I don't think they merited, but I wrote 1000 words about how my company thinks they are deserving and why in addition to my standard 9-hour workload. It took me 90 minutes to answer the question of why they should get these awards. The fact that your entire combat team cannot take the same time to answer six questions about something they are supposed to be experts in is deplorable. It seems that they are either incompetent or uncaring. Professionals accomplish what they are capable of regardless of whether they care or not.

We will now be waiting 18 days between posting questions and receiving answers. 80 hours per team member at 40 hours a week. I am trying to be very respectful, but unless these "thorough" answers are essay-length, you are misleading us and treating us with disdain.

i agree .. now it should be the best Combat Team response of the year.. for that time and this type of AC's...( i more interested in Merc part of response ...)

Hey everyone,

Geezus Courtney...there were only THREE freaking questions...they need a week to answer each one? It's not that this isn't "ideal", it's comical. THREE questions...there were only THREE!

Hey everyone,

Does that mean the Combat Team will revisit answering the questions that they previously gave flippant and disrespectful answers to, without being thorough and without consideration to the (real or perceived) shortcomings of the class the Combat Team answers failed utterly to address?

Or must the class that I main (well...if only playing SWTOR a couple times a week now can be considered "maining" anything anymore) continue to l2p?

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

Courtney,

This. If I were 18 days late on a deliverable with no decent explanation I would be looking over my shoulder for that pink slip. After the sorc debacle I understand they want to be cautious but to me this shows that our questions are not near a priority.

If you continue to miss handle the class rep questions like you are now and have in the past than you might as well not bring them back after 2.5 because this is doing more harm than good to your rep in the community.

Hey everyone,

Well, that's disappointing, can't really be that hard... But I guess after the "heal to full" fiasco, combat team's responses have to through several layers of scrutiniy, revisions and such...