LiveStream Event #2

CourtneyWoods

1.6 seems to be shaping up as a PVP-centric patch with the implementation of a new Warzone and a new tier of gear for PVP players. With that in mind, will this patch have any balance changes to classes? There a plethora of widely reported issues balance related, it seems silly to release another tier of gear without also addressing them.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) as was asked before: When does the class story continue?

2) Could you please elaborate how EXACTLY does the Flash Point restriction work? When is the loot counter triggered? When exiting the flashpoint? When rolling for loot the first time in a flashpoint? No matter what, just entering FP is enough to reduce the counter etc.

Keep it up!

Morrgan

A question for the stream, I don't know who is going to be there but hopefully someone who can answer this question:

We have not too long ago gotten a few short comments from BioWare in the PVP forum regarding class balance and some issues which might need to be looked at. Can you talk at all about PVP class balance, for example what your current opinions on the state of it is, and when we could possibly expect to see the next round of class changes?

Either way, thank you, 1.6 seems like it's going to become a great patch. :)

Will we ever receive future class storyline content that is unique to each class (i.e. a proper Chapter 4 and beyond)? And will content like that and Makeb, etc. be purchasable with Cartel coins and subscribers would do well to save up their allotments rather than blow them on gambling boxes?

Question 1: A world event on Ilum in January was mentioned a few times. Can you shed a bit more light on that subject?

Question 2: We haven't seen a new flashpoint since 1.2, are there any in the works?

Question 3: Will Disney acquiring LucasFilm and LucasArts impact the game in any way? If so, how?

Edited by Dentface
Making statement clearer

I know most likely there are a few more important issues to deal with but it still doesn't stop players from asking about other things since it seems there's no strict priority on what BioWare seems to be working on.

Will BioWare change the boring rail space mini-games they currently have for a SWG similar space where you can actually control your ship. Where you can roam space, have pvp dog fights and actually feel like you're in control or will they continue to spend time on the current space system?

Also, the current top level armor designs are really bad looking...no.. they're terribly bad looking. It'll take too much time pointing out the ridiculous designs they have now so I won't get into it. But they are bad, really bad. You have helmets with feathers. Feathers!!! Looks like big bird without a beak. Huge disproportionate helmets with horns that look ridiculous. And so on and so on....

Will they ever come up with decent looking armor or will BioWare continue to bring out the same ugly pieces but in different colors as they've already done? People say it's BioWare being lazy in not bringing out something new and instead bring out the same ugly designs.

Another very important question is, when will BioWare begin to start putting in more social options? This is one of the main things killing this game, the fact that there's no incentive or anything to bring players together like SWG used to have. The longer this game continues to lack social options, the more people will continue to leave as they've been doing since game went live.

I bring out SWG because they were way ahead of their time in some of the things that game had. Which is what this game sorely needs. Which is what most players crave for.

May sound a bit harsh but they're honest questions. I doubt you'll be answering anything I've asked since it's Bioware custom to go for the same boring and bland "safe" questions to answer to.

Edited by RikHar

1. Is Ilum or any world pvp objective coming back? Game optimization seems to be a lot better to handle more players.

2. Timetable for quality of life features such as chat bubbles (It's about time Bioware), hood up/down, and other stuff like this?

3. Is there still a "secret" space project in production? How about guild ships? What this game needs is something unique to star wars but at the same time making it feel more like an MMO.

4. Any plans to get rid of the boring, monogomous fleets and bring players back to the beautiful planets you guys made?

Excellent live stream 2 sounds great.

1 / Speech bubbles ( with toggle on and off ). and

2 / Chaper 4 story missions and beyond.

Will we see these anytime soon ? Am I right in thinking this starts at 11 p.m GMT ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.

What are the chances/timeline for a "local" chat channel with chat bubbles? Something for people to use to talk to others within something like 20-30 meters of them without having to make a group or whisper or use general chat? And, yes, obviously with an option to either not monitor the channel or turn off the bubbles for those that don't like it.

With the past couple of game updates cathering mainly to high-end PVE, 1.6 catering to PVP and Space Combat, will 1.7 finally the Update for Roleplayers and Socializers with all the promised RP and social features we've been waiting for so long that includes RP improvements including Chat Bubbles, being able to sit on all chairs, enabling /emote, /yell, /whisper, /tell and in-game mail to work and be visible cross-faction, a hood up/down toggle, and more?

If not, which patch the features mentioned above - especially Chat Bubbles - currently slated for?

You do remember that you've been promising them for over a year now, right? It's about time you finally deliver.

Edited by Glzmo

Hey Guys, thanks for doing another LiveStream event.

Will we be seeing new Class Story content any time soon? And on the topic of story; We've been promised SGRs last year, after apparently it had slipped your minds, even though we had a lively topic about it on the old forums since the old forums opened. When will this be addressed? What can we expect in terms of new Companions and SGRs? Will SGRs come for new Companions only? And will those new Companions come on the Cartel Marker like HK51? Putting new companions on the Cartel Market would at least allow all classes a good chance for romance without the restriction of a class requirement. But at the moment we don't have anything to go by. Could you please clarify >something< regarding SGRs. What kind of time table are we looking at? Another year? More? Is it not worked on at all anymore? It would certainly be courteous to let the LGBTQ and RP player base know if it has been scrapped.

Thanks.

I also would like to see an answer to fabiyun's question. Many of us came into this game with the expectation that Bioware would continue to develop and publish SGR content. Since this was a very positive aspect of the Bioware name, the lack of information and outright stonewalling of this question has grown troubling to me and not a little bit problematic.

1. Will SGRA content be published? Yes or no.

2. If so, when is it scheduled for? Your company stated "this year" (2012) and it is perilously close to "next year" (2013).

3. Why was the content not included at the outset of the game when its inclusion would have been easier to implement?

4. Why is BioWare as a company so uncomfortable with this topic that you meet your customers (read here, folks who pay you) with a persistent wall of silence like this subject is either taboo or a trade secret?

Question number four really eats at me and I will keep asking it until someone actually deigns to answer it. Non-specific answers and platitudes are no longer sufficient to mollify me. It is time for someone to seriously address these questions.

~JC

Edited by JCisneros

I also wish to know more about SGRA.

Most specifically - are we still on track for "this year"? If not, when?

How will they be implemented? Will a level 50 who has completed conversation arcs with companions for whom SGRAs are implemented be able to begin the arc?

That's pretty much the two pressing questions I have on the issue - it is affecting my ability to enjoy the game, as there are certain characters I am hesitant to play at the moment for fear of going past the SGRA trigger point with companions I'm not even sure will be same gender romancable.

Are SGRAs still on-track for inclusion with Makeb (as suggested by Gabe A.)?

If so, what time-frame should we expect for that? - As other have pointed out the "This year" we were promised waay back at the guild summit is getting perilously close to turning into "next year".

Will current companions be included and if so, will we need to re-roll or can the content be picked up at any point.

This is an issue that is seriously dampening mine and many others' enjoyment of the game - to the point where we can't play certain classes in case this part of their storyline becomes locked after a certain point.

When the content does go live, can you assure us that it will not be in anyway related to the cartel market - 'pay for gay' would be the final insult to a lot of players already feeling disheartened by Bioware Austin's silence on this staple of Bioware games - the decision to alienate a core section of Bioware's fanbase by only having opposite gender romances in the game in the first place still remains mind-boggling.

Thank you.

Are SGRAs still on-track for inclusion with Makeb (as suggested by Gabe A.)?

If so, what time-frame should we expect for that? - As other have pointed out the "This year" we were promised waay back at the guild summit is getting perilously close to turning into "next year".

Will current companions be included and if so, will we need to re-roll or can the content be picked up at any point.

This is an issue that is seriously dampening mine and many others' enjoyment of the game - to the point where we can't play certain classes in case this part of their storyline becomes locked after a certain point.

When the content does go live, can you assure us that it will not be in anyway related to the cartel market - 'pay for gay' would be the final insult to a lot of players already feeling disheartened by Bioware Austin's silence on this staple of Bioware games - the decision to alienate a core section of Bioware's fanbase by only having opposite gender romances in the game in the first place still remains mind-boggling.

Thank you.

I would also like to know if SGRA's are still be worked on and feel I should add that many of us don't believe that confirming the existence of this content on the release schedule is a "spoiler".

If anyone at Bioware would care to read The Thread, we have discussed, at length, what is felt to be important information without delving into the realm of spoilers.

That is:

SGRA's: still coming to SWTOR?

Will SGRA's be available to all classes?

Will SGRA's be available to both genders? (i.e. lesbian and gay possibilities)

Will SGRA's be available retroactively past the Legacy completion point (i.e. the last conversation with a companion)?

Will SGRA's be available with current companions?

Also, you've gone against Mr. Erickson's comment that story content would be updated this year (2012) - this being important because he also stated that SGRA's would be bundled with a general story content update (they are story content, after all) - but have not actually commented on this action, why? When can we expect a story content update? When can we expect SGRA's? Is it 2013? Later? If so, why have Bioware decided to ignore a part of their fanbase and act against their own previous inclusive ideology?

any plans of fixing the 3-member party, companion not spawning when zoning/ getting off speeder bug? or is that working as intended.

also, why cant i see some people's offhand and augments?

if you are considering a way where people can switch between roles, like healing and dpsing, so they dont have to redo their skill tree and quickbars every time, would you think about doing somwehting similar for various pvp specs... so we could have profiles saved for each of our specs?

Is there any chance in the future of us being able to change our advanced class? This could be done through credits or cartel coins for example. It would definitely help those who decided they want to try the other spec, but don't want to spend four hours to get to level ten on another toon.

1. Will the engine be fixed so that it can handle large scale PVP?

2. Will day/night and weather cycles be introduced?

3. Will there ever be chat bubbles?

4. Are you going to bring back wPVP with pvp dailes?

5. Will solo Q ranked be introduced?

6. Do you ever plan to bring out arena for pvp?

7. Are cross server warzones being thought about?

8. Will you bring out an achievement system of some sort and armory like wow has?

9. Have you decided what will happen to the APAC servers?

10. Are you looking at fixing the amount of CC and how the resolve system works for pvp?