Emote Suggestion Thread

Not going to fib ya...a bathroom break emote would be hilarious. A toilet seat and all. Haha!

Wow a bio break emote would be awesome. I Second this!

Edited by Huez

/talk2hand

---(Talk to the hand cause the ears are not listening - hand up in a stop sign like motion)

/yes

---(One arm "YES" with fist action pulling arm down and saying "YES" for use during downing boss)

/yoyo

---(While waiting for people to get stuff together you throw out your YODA YO-YO or DARTH MAUL YO-YO)

/pose

---(SCREEN Shot time - everyone picks a pose that matches them - Lean to one side, Hand on Chin, etc.)

/sup

---(Head nod up in silent "what up" motion to someone)

/fume

---(Cross arms and have a pissed off look. Maybe even a squiggly smoke line above head. See nearest "Very PISSED off Wife or Mother look" for reference.)

Less Likely due to being Non-PC:

/loser

---(Puts right hand thumb/finger L on your toon's forehead showing the target is a "LOSER")

/kissmybutt

---(Wiggle your butt like the default dance clips we have. Add slapping you hand on butt cheek for emphasis)

/vomit

---(Fake vomit's at que and maybe even expand visual of cheeks and turn GREEN a little?)

These are some great and simple ideas. I would also want a bio break emote /bio

Gangnam Style dance emote!

If you have to (to avoid copyright) - break it down into 2 or 3 different emotes that you can combine one at a time to make the dance :D

Totally serious, I want that hilarious emote in

Um... it's called Stylish dance (/style). It's in game.

1. Proper salute : As members of the Imperial Faction, it is a bit of a travesty that we can't properly Salute.

2. Prone : Like a sniper would get down on there stomach and aim their rifle.

3. Hover Stool/ RP SAVIOR : Everyone wants to sit in chairs. but you can't edit every chair to work. SO.. give us an emote called "Hover stool" Which would be what it sounds.. a stool with no legs, which is essentially a floating disk around the size of your booty (Female body type 4 obviously excluded from booty size reference..) You could pull it out, let it float into position, you sit on it, and STAY SAT DOWN until the person wants to stand up.. The Best part about this? It can be sat in normally, or you can position yourself in front of ANY chair. and because the stool is so small and sleek, now it looks like you are legit sitting on that chair/couch

This could be the best gift to RPers you could give..

/moonwalk

/hanshotfirst

/iamyourfather

/makesasandwich

id love a moonwalk emote and since you already have "these aren't the droids your looking for" how about a "Han shot first " or "I am you father". A "make me a sandwich" emote could be fun too.

Honestly I have wanted to see a /lean emote since launch. My main character leans on everything when I RP. Just a simple animation that changes the stance of a character to look like they are leaning on something (for example, a bar, a wall, a crate). One can position their character and type /lean. I will look around and see if I can add a screen shot for you.

Beyond that, there are a lot of good suggestions here! Plenty of things I would pay money for! If there is a problem with letting us buy the emotes individually though, perhaps you can have an emote pack? We can buy them in a set of ten, for example. You can even have 50 or so emotes that it randomly gives you 10 of, like the way the cartel packs are designed now. That way people can sell what they don't want or have duplicates of on the GTN, and you can have rare emotes.

Thanks!

First, like others here I would also love to see a set of stance emotes:

/fold - hands folded behind back. By far my most desired one, the stance Imperial Agent (and officers) take in many cutscenes, including the very first one on Hutta.

/crossarms - hands crossed on chest

/examine - character kneels down and examines the ground

/pace - character marches back and forth across a small space

And several emotes already mentioned here, like /sit, /laydown, /prone (love the idea of that one) and others.

Second, I would like to see some new "tech" emotes added, as:

/commlink - the animation used during Orbital Strike cast

/slice - virtual keyboard typing

/detonate - the detonator using animation from cutscenes

Two side notes:

- the emotes should be either one-time-only, or continuous. Playing the /detonate one in a loop would look silly, for example. Also, we already have a /surrender emote which makes your character put their hands up - but unfortunately, also in a loop (hands up, hands down, hands up, hands down ...). This emote should be continuous as well. In fact - I cannot think of any emote which would look good in a loop, save the dance ones ...

- and speaking about them, personally I think we already have more than enough /dance emotes. I realize they are popular with some players, but I am curious how many players actually use them in RP ...

/senseforce (Hand outstretched, or, fingers at temple, eyes closed.)

/moveobject (Hand outstretched, eyes closed.) (eg. Yoda levitating Luke's X-Wing in ESB.)

/shot (Clutch at chest, possibly stagger backward?) (eg. Leia got shot on Endor in ROTJ)

/sliced or /cut (Clutch at arm, possibly turn torso?) (eg. Vader did this when Luke sliced his shoulder in ESB.)

/banghead (Clutch top of head and crouch suddenly in pain.) (eg. Chewbacca did this in Jabba's palace in ROTJ.)

/bangknee (Clutch knee and hop?)

/standattation /standeasy or /armsbehindbackwhateveryouwouldliketocallit - like the cross arms one just at the back

/attenshun (spelling in context)

/atease

/paraderest

perhaps?

Seems like you're wanting military-style poses with that, and those are the three stances of standing in ranks.

Can we please get an animation for /sleep? The emote does work, but there's no animation with it. (Aka, laying down on the ground?)
Yes! Laying down on the ground and remaining there until you move (loops in the sleeping position). Same for /laydown, just with open eyes.

Also, a /sitchair emote which pulls out a chair similar to the Portable Relaxation Unit but lasts until you move (loops).

Also, a /leanwall emote where the person leans on the wall with hands crossed which lasts until you move would be great.

And yes, please make them automatically available to subscribers (all emotes should be, really) and unlockable by preferred and free to players via cartel market directly (not gambling boxes).

The current /slowclap emote could use a clapping sound.

On a related note while people are working on emotes and animations increasing the channel time of rest abilities and toys to 9999 seconds (like Parlor Dance already has) would also go a long way!

Edited by Glzmo

Add sounds to the emotes.

/lol " make each character laugh out loud.

/charge " let my guys scream for the republic or for the emperor

/fight " so I can tell the opposing faction I want to fight them 1v1.

Last but not least please add a character customization slot which would allow us different variations to draw our light sabers. Ex: I would press Z and my guy would hold his arm straight out at a 90 degrees and use the force to take the light saber off his belt and activate it. I have at least 10 different ways. Examples if your a sentinel or a marauder he could hold both his arms at 45 degree angle and use the force to put them in said hands. Or a mean way slowly take the light saber off his belt clutching it in his fist then activating it. Please get creative and add things to this amazing game.

Is the /facepalm already in ? :D

/lol " make each character laugh out loud.

I could imagine a /giggle with having the giggle sounds from the Scoundrel.

And, besides, I want to have Emotes to be placeable on the fast access bar, the Companion Dance can already be used this way ( and it is imho faaaaaaaaar too short ! ).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

How about some interactive emotes? Take /handshake as an example and build off of it.
Oh, yes. Interactive emotes like /handshake, /hug, /kiss, /console and others would be great. Perhaps even add a prompt if you want to accept one or not.