Why do people sell for less than it costs to make a prototype?

Rahid

I've been selling color crystals since day one of EA, it was always a decent profit, nothing huge, but enough to be able to level Art up to 400. Since full launch though, I've hardly been able to sell any. I'm still consistently the only person, or one of very few with higher level prototype and artifact crystals for sale. However, I keep seeing people selling crystals for less than the cost it takes to Treasure Hunt the rare gems. Am I missing something, or do we just have a lot of ignorant crafters on our server?

I've been selling color crystals since day one of EA, it was always a decent profit, nothing huge, but enough to be able to level Art up to 400. Since full launch though, I've hardly been able to sell any. I'm still consistently the only person, or one of very few with higher level prototype and artifact crystals for sale. However, I keep seeing people selling crystals for less than the cost it takes to Treasure Hunt the rare gems. Am I missing something, or do we just have a lot of ignorant crafters on our server?

My guess...They don't know the real price of the items...partially because of the horrible sell interface of the GN.

If it doesn't list the current listed prices, how can you sell it, for a reasonable amount of money?

Many will sell under, because they aren't concerned with making a profit while leveling, they simply want to recoup some of the costs so they can keep doing more missions. You make enough leveling you don't need to be too concerned with making a profit off professions as well, thats more of a max level concern.

Here's another reason they might sell low.

If it cost 500 for the missison and normally yields 2-thats 250 each to break even. But the mission can have a critical win and yield sometimes 5-thats 100 each. Therefore putting it up for a lower price on the market.